We stayed here during October, before snow hit and while the colors around the Lake were beautiful. We just wanted somewhere clean, within walking distance to shops and restaurants, etc.
I booked online for the basic room, basic rate. When I checked in I was told we had been upgraded to the "honeymoon suite" since it was sitting empty and (stupidly), I didn't question it. It was a great room - no complaints there. We were just annoyed to find that we were charged for the upgrade without being told. Should I have asked? Yes. However, I would have appreciated a bit of a heads up from the person who checked us in - a surprise at check-out is never fun.
Other than that little miscommunication, it was a good stay. Breakfast was free (other than tip) and good the next morning. The hotel itself is close to casinos, shops, restaurants. You can walk to and from Heavenly Village, which is a fun place to walk around. The room was clean, maybe a bit dated, but quiet and the amenities were fine.
So, if it hadn't been for the "upgrade" that cost us much more than we were anticipating (which was mostly my fault), this would have been an absolutely great stay.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Station House Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Best Western Plus Station House Hotel
- Best Western Station Hotel
- Best Western Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a few blocks from recreational facilities, shopping dining and casinos, the Best Western Station House Inn in South Lake Tahoe features a complimentary full breakfast along with wedding and ski packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Best Western, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Station House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.