“Clean rooms, Central location, Excellen value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Savings Special
Ranked #27 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Mateo, California, United States
“Clean rooms, Central location, Excellen value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights during the low season for an excellent value price. The room was bright and clean. The bathroom was updated. Room had mini fridge, microwave, dishes, flat screen TV and warm lighting to make it feel very comfortable and cozy. Nice to have baseboard heaters that are silent. Balcony is extra nice bonus. Very friendly staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your generous guest review. We appreciate your kind words and compliments to our staff. We are delighted you feel a part of our family and look forward to your future visit. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed at this property quite a number of times and for many good reasons most especially for the quality of the the staff with special mention for James who manages this property. Every visit here has shown me the hard work on the part of the staff that is evident in the top condition and cleanliness of the rooms. The location is just right as it is a couple of blocks from the Nevada border and the same distance from the beach at lakeside. When I stay here I feel like I am with family. When at Lake Tahoe this hotel is my first choice and I heartily recommend this property to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. Honestly, I don't know how to act when either my staff or myself are acknowledged for doing what we do here everyday. We understand our hotel is not a five star resort, however, we earnestly try to provide the most value and best service dollar for dollar that you can find in our area. Thank you for supporting us and we look forward to next visit.
Elk Grove, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The rooms are large and comfortable. I love the balcony rooms. To much construction going on at once. Maybe close the hotel till the renovations are finished. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is just toast and jelly. The price is right if you want a place just to sleep, Very quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with our future guests. I would like to address a couple of items in your review. As Lake Tahoe receives some of the largest snow accumulations in North America, structures require quite alot of preventative and repairative maintenance. Some of the projects, like staircases, decks and roofing, are not projects that can be targeted for our high season periods. Most properties will allocate a period in a slower time of the off season like October, November, to complete these. We have been working on some stairscases and decks this past fall, but the projects were located in two buildings that were out of order and unoccupied. We did not rent rooms even nearby the construction areas, however I admit, it could be seen from our parking facility. Please forgive us for those intermittent projects, I think you will like the results.

Regarding our continental breakfast, I would like to clarify for future guests. We have an established menu that we offer every morning as follows: Croisants, English Muffins, Multi-Grain breads, bakery muffins, Strawberry and Grape Jelly, Margerine, Toaster Waffles, Instant Oatmeal, 100% orange juice, at least two kinds of fresh fruit, ie; oranges, apples, bananas, Coffee, tea and bottled water. Considering AAA's definition for continental breakfast is; one type of sweet bread, coffee, tea and juice, we feel we are well beyond the minimum. Perhaps you are comparing us to a more expensive brand; or level of accommodation which is often the case with most complaints.

Thank you again for your review and we encourage you to contact us directly in the future for our guaranteed lowest prices.
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn for 4 nights in October and had a great experience for what we paid per night. The staff was friendly and helpful, hotel amenities were nice (hot tub), rooms were spacious and the shower was great! The hotel is located off a main road so its pretty quiet, yet still very close to all the attractions of S. Lake Tahoe. Also free wifi, laundry, and the continental breakfast in the morning. We would both stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for posting your experience on tripadvisor. You have certainly touched upon nearly everything we advertise about ourselves;; convenient location, clean/comfortable guest rooms, year 'round whirlpool spa and sauna, free continental breakfast, free wifi, free guest fitness/laundry room and relaxed and friendly service. All this at the most competitive prices on the planet. Thank you again and please contact us directly in the future for our guaranteed lowest rates.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I live in Sacramento and come up to Tahoe very frequently and have stayed in almost all hotels around here. The reason I gave this hotel 5 stars is based on the quality for the price. The Best Value Inn says it all in the name. The rooms and property are VERY clean and well maintained. The first time we stayed here we rented the cheapest room and was surprised with the room. So the next few times we rented out more expensive rooms and stayed in the hot tub suite. We were amazed with all the small things the hotel surprise the guests with. The hospitality of the workers and management were also very comforting. The beach, Casino, and Heavenly village, are all perfect walking distance. I recommend staying here and save some money. We stayed in 4 star hotels around town and were upset we didn't just rent another room from are favorite hotel again.

Room Tip: Go for the hot tub suite! My girlfriend and I are picky travelers but we have nothing bad to say abo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
jamesclark1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your remarks with our future travelers. Our company mission is to provide clean, comfortable and convenient accommodations at the most competitive rates in our area. Of course, there are properties that offer upgraded rooms at nearly double our room rate, but we strive to provide a genuine value to economy seeking travelers. Thank you again for your review. Please contact us directly in the future for our guaranteed best rate.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I want to start this review by saying that I usually stay in non-budget hotels so I am used to a certain level of comfort. I chose this hotel for a Saturday night in Lake Tahoe, where I was staying at Harrah's on Sunday and Monday for $50 a night. I got this property for $42 which is a very good deal for a Saturday there. I also read the reviews and felt it was worth a shot.

The pros of the stay were the price and the location near the beach and walking distance to the casinos. However, the cons outweighed the pros in this case. The room was very small, the carpet very dirty, and the mattress torn in places. The walls were thin and I could plainly hear conversations on both sides of me and I could also hear the traffic out front.

I had joined their "club" prior to my visit which gave me a 5% discount and a supposed upgrade which I clearly did not get. In fairness, the front desk clerk allowed me to look at another room on the other side of the road but it wasn't any better.

They do offer a continental breakfast of waffles and coffee in the lobby, however, I did not partake.

If price is a serious concern, then maybe this is the place. However, it is surrounded by other small lodgings, and I would pick a different place next time.

Cheers.

Marius

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. Naturally what prohibits most people from receiving everything they would like to have in a hotel is the willingness to pay the higher room rates. It's a shame so many individuals search the internet far and wide to find the best conceivable deal and find themselves disappointed with their experience. It is our company objective to provide clean, comfortable and convenient accommodations at the most competitive room rates in our area. Not all rooms are the same at our hotel and I'm certian if you would have been willing to examine a different guest room you may have been more satisfied with your stay. Since you did not mention the free private beach passes, free Wifi, free fitness/laundry facility then I assume you enjoyed them. Thank you again for posting your thoughts.
Napa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We chose this hotel on the recommendation of a friend who uses this location every year when he comes to Tahoe to see Sammy Hagar play, which is why we were there!! This was our first trip to Tahoe, and being on a budget, this place was great. It's a little on the old-school side, but the price is right, it's clean, it's VERY quiet, and is within a ten minute walk of the casinos and concert venues. If you don't require luxury, are pretty self-sufficient, and just want a nice clean, quiet place to sleep at night, this is the place for you. They still use actual METAL keys for the doors!! It's totally stuck in 1983 but that's just fine with me. I almost hate to give away this little secret, now everyone will know!! Thanks to these folks for a nice stay and we look forward to seeing you again in 2014!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. It's our objective to provide the best rates on clean, comfortable and convenience accommodations in our area. We are constantly improving our hotel but we do it in a manner that doesn't cause us to have to increase our room rates significantly. Somethings about our rooms are tried and true and still work quite well for our guests. We don't make people pay higher room rates for things they don't feel they need when traveling on a budget. Thank you again for your review and please contact us directly in the future for our guaranteed lowest rates.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Casino Center Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!