“New Find in my own digs” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
South Lake Tahoe, California
“New Find in my own digs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A good friend just took me, for my birthday, to lunch at a restaurant I have passed by a 1000 plus times as I live right here in this little resort community. I don't know why I never thought to try it but am so glad that I've finally found it as the food was terrific!, the staff very pleasant and the booths and table settings/linens immaculate. The Taj Mahal will become a regular choice for me now when I just don't feel like making dinner for the family but I can easily recommend it to any of the visitors to our local who may be staying at the nearby casinos and/or hotels.

• Visited February 2013

South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
“Excellent Indian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This restaurant is in a hotel so at first I though it might not be so good. However, I was pleasantly surprised to discover the warm wonderful flavors of authentic Indian Cuisine. I understand they have a new chef, so if you tried it before, try again! It is also relatively inexpensive---$10-$12 a dinner plate. I loved their Nan.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
BERKELEY
“Good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stopped by for dinner and enjoyed the lamb vindaloo, tandoori chicken and a veggie masala. Yumm. The place is under new ownership and the service was great. Check it out.

California
“Not bad at all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Indian buffet in Tahoe? Who knew. There were a variety of tasty Indian dishes in the buffet and the naan was fresh. We went back and filled our plates again and we would definitely return.

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Thalis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've been coming here since the first time we visited SLT - cliché, Brits like Curry, I know - and always find our way back for more. It's recently had a change of ownership but the menu was the same as ever. We are creatures of habit and ordered the huge Thalis - cannot remember the names of them. They are huge and a bargain when compared with some other menu items - the amount of food is almost obscene, we've yet to finish one. As is typical, you'll find a selection of small bowls on your plate, each with a different curry. The lamb is always delicious, mutter paneer

Visited December 2012