“Good indian food in middle of Nowhere.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Good indian food in middle of Nowhere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Tajmahal is the only one Good indian restaurant at lake tahoe. And it is totally value to money and food too.We dined at this restaurant and found its a great atmosphere and a wonderful dinning experience!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Authentic Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were only in Lake Tahoe for one night and sought out this indian restaurant because we like indian food, and we loved our meal. The food was very authentic and they spiced it mild for my husband and medium for me which was perfect. The family that run the place could be seen working away which confirmed this is a family run business. It's not easy cooking indian food so this is definitely a labor of love and you can taste it in the food. The vegetable samosas arrived piping hot and were delicious (not at all greasy as they are in some other restaurants). The Chicken Tikka Masala, Aloo Gobi and Daal were all perfectly cooked. The naan were amazing and I even had their Gulab Jaman desert which I could tell were freshly made and they warmed them up for me because that's how I like them. I couldn't fault the service, they were attentive and took care of all the details. Don't be put off if you don't see many people in the restaurant, because it is probably just a slow time for them, but as we found, that just means we get all the attention!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mountain View, California, United States
“Worst ever Indian food!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Dont waste your money in this restaurant eating bad food. I ended up spending $100 for 7 people and still not satisfied with my hunger. The food has the same curry and not at all tasty. The restaurant has compromised on its food lately.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
San Felipe, Baja California
“a pleasant surprise at Lake Tahoe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had been primitive camping in the high sierras for 10 days and decided to return to Sacramento via Lake Tahoe. I decided not to embarrass the 5 star hotels and checked into a cheaper Indian operated motel. I inquired about Indian food and was recommended to the Taj Mahal nearby. What a delight. I ordered their Taj Special and requested that the chilli content be adjusted to match North Indian cuisine. It nearly achieved that but not sufficient to fog up my spectacles. The nan was on the thin side and lacked the teardrop shape which happens when it is slapped into the side of a tandoori oven for baking. I was not embarrassed to mop up the side condiments with my remaining nan. The service was pleasantly performed. The ambiance was American with a hint of India. As I was leaving I inquired if they made fresh roti prata and decided to take out two for breakfast the next day. This restaurant will definitely be on my 'to frequent list' again.

Green Valley, Arizona
“Great value for the money, $9.95 Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had a very nice lunch today at Taj Majal. My husband is a vegetarian and there were five items on the buffet that worked for him. The Jasmine rice is brought out fresh to the table, as is the naan. Refills were offered, but the initial portions were so generous that we didn't need them. The Palak paneer was perfect, and the tandoori chicken was tender and juice. I'd highly recommend this restaurant for lunch. (don't go there for the atmosphere, go for the friendly service, good food, and price)