“June 2013” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Snohomish, Washington
“June 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My 10 year old and I had a blast. On the phone the folks sounded abrasive but in person they were great. The instruction was pertinent and the gentleman made it really fun and interesting. We had a great time.

Visited June 2013

Alexandria VA
38 attraction reviews
“Kayaking at your own pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is my fourth year renting from Kayak Tahoe. I have always rented a kayak and paddled on my own, rather than going with a group tour. Now that they have multiple rental locations, it's easy to paddle the south end of the lake at your pace, without having to reserve a kayak drop-off or pickup. I rented from the main shop, heading west one day towards Camp Richardson and east another day (depending on wind). One day, I rented from Nevada Beach and paddled towards Round Hill. Best trip is to rent from Baldwin Beach early in the am (9 or 9:30) and allow the rest of the day (until 4 pm) to paddle to Emerald Bay and beyond. Friendly staff, very knowledgeable of lake conditions (be sure to check before you head out!). They take credit cards except at the Nevada Beach location (cash only). If you happen to be in South Lake Tahoe during a full moon in the summer, be sure to take the "full moon" guided tour. I did that a few years ago, and it was awesome to watch the sun set, then the moon rise. All locations have parking, but there are daily fees to enter the state park locations.

Las Vegas, Nevada
7 attraction reviews
“Must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is really fun for the whole family. I visited the Timber Cove location first..every one at Kayak Tahoe is super nice and makes you feel confortable with the whole experience. It's super easy for a beginner like myself. I had a double kayak with my 2 year old sitting in my lap. We had so much fun we did it again at the Emerald Bay location.

san jose, ca, usa
10 attraction reviews
“prepare to shell out some money for some great fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

fun is not cheap in tahoe especially if you are renting.
The jet ski's are great! But be ready to shell out $75 for half an hour or $100 for an hour plus $10 gas surcharge. Good thing is its a 2 person seater so you can share the cost. Or one person goes first for 30 minutes and then the other person do the next 30 mins.

Boats are $200++ Great for big groups.

next time, i'll rent a kayak. i forgot how much that costs.

Genoa, Nevada
17 attraction reviews
“Kayak rental, Nevada Beach, Tahoe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I rented a tandem kayak for 2 hours. We paddled north (counterclockwise) past Zephyr Cove, and further to see the cove where the paddle boat is moored. We paddled into the wind, and had it at our backs on the return. We found the young man running the rental to be friendly and helpful. 2 hours was just right for us.

Visited July 2012