“Great location, decent place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn

Save Saved
You added Travel Inn to your Saves list
Travel Inn
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3536 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #68 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“Great location, decent place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After reading previous reviews, I wasn't expecting much. We were in tahoe for fun, not the room. That being said, it was an average hotel, great location in downtown. It needs upgrades (there was no a/c/heat, small old tv, pool & spa empty in July), but the staff was nice, and the room & grounds were clean.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was by far THE worst stay we have had in a hotel to date! It was first off very hot outside and when we went into the hotel it was twice as hot and there was NO air conditioner! It was unbearably hot which made it difficult to sleep. The room smelled like stinky feet, and did not look it was clean. We paid 3 times the price we normally would have paid for a hotel in Tahoe because it was right before the 4th of July. For the same price we could have stayed at a 3 or 4 star hotel with air conditioning. They advertised that they had a pool, which they did, unfortunately it did not have any water in it. It would have made our extremely hot stay cooler, yet it was not so. This was a last ditch effort kind of place to stay at. NEVER, EVER again!! The shower water was very nice and hot is the only positive thing I can say about this hotel itself. However, it was a very convenient location as it was right across the street from the Timber Cove Marina and pier with some pretty great FREE beaches. In walking distance of Safeway, CVS and many small restaurants. Sorry I did not take any photos of this hotel as I was too embarrassed to even say I had stayed there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you're looking for a nice hotel....DON'T COME HERE!.First of all,the Pool has nothing in it but trash,the carpet is very dirty,the mattresses are filthy,the bathroom is very small and the shower head is low,the quilt is so thin and raspy,the matress wasnt comfortable,there was spider webs on the ceiling...I suggest staying at Days Inn where the pool has water and I'm pretty sure they have nice and Clean rooms!

• Stayed June 2013
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were lied to about the price - the indian workers were pathetic and extermely rude. Had originally called and was quoted 49.00 and once we arrived all they had was a suite for 89.00- with no consideration to assist with price even though they had made the mistake-- these idiots have no clue about customer service! Seriously - sleep in your car to the woods!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose any place execept Travel Inn in Lake Tahoe!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room was bigger than I thought. The bathroom was small and the shower was child sized! I'm 5' and the shower head would hit the back of my head. My husband is 5'11' and lets just say it wasn't great for him! We traveled with our 2 kids and 1 baby and the front desk kept telling us we had more people than we had booked for which was a lie! We had guests in the morning to pick us up and and go site seeing the front desk always thought they were staying with us. My husband even walked over to the office one night and told them to come and check how many people were actually there because they kept treating us to charge out card $25/per person per night! They kept spying on us too! Walking by the room counting how many people were there!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Carson City, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

First I was told the price was 59.10 plus tax. Then after she went to get change she said that she was mistaken and it was actually 59.10 plus tax. The room was disgusting to the point I really did not sleep. The next morning she accuses me of having the 100 dollar bill saying she gave me that and my change. I threatened to call the sheriff myself because I was worried she was going to charge my card another 100 dollars after I paid cash for the room. I found it really interesting to read that someone else had problems with the price changing also. They also tried to not give me a receipt for my payment. Be cautious with this place! I definitely did not have the 100 dollar bill and I really feel like they are scam artists to get more money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Where do i start. Theres so many things wrong with this place that i may not have room to include them all.... i first booked this run down place on line for 33 dollars after taxes. When i got there they charged me 37. I had also traveled with a few people and they were going to check into another hotel as well but instead decided staying therehere was more convenient...bad idea. We asked then decided to get a room with two queens instead thinking it was going to be cheaper. Ya right. Not only did they charged another 37 dollars but they charged an extra 11 for each extra person. When we tried to cancel they refused and said..."thats your problem" no joke. The room was tiny...no microwave no refrigerator. Definately no spa and the pool was empty except for dirt and trash. At 4 in the morning people were knocking at our door and that happened three more times until 7 in the morning. They were probably checking up on us making sure there were no blow up beds so they can charge us a fee for that also. Our toilet didnt work properly and the room was smaller than my master bedroom. There was barely any walking space. I will never come back and i highly recommend you spend your money someplace else. I dont know whether its because of the indian culture or whatever but they need to brush up on their customer service skills. Looks like im not the only people not happy with my experience. I only wish i had taken pictures

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!