“terrible experience - do not stay there!” 1 of 5 stars

Tahoe Hacienda Inn
3820 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #54 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
A TripAdvisor Member
“terrible experience - do not stay there!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2006

I recently went up to South Lake Tahoe from Los Angeles with my girlfriend. It took us well over 8 hours since there was a bad snowstorm as we were climbing the mountain. We checked in around 10:30pm
the room was a
dump, cheap old furniture and when we turned on the heater and it smelled like it had a gas leak so the indian lady who I guess was the manager mentioned that she would have a portable heater sent to our room and it would warm up the room. Well we went for late dinner, when we got back the room was still cold. We called again and complained that you dont treat guests this way and that we would probably not pay, this lady lost her temper and asked us to leave (this was a long weekend in Jan and everything was taken) we refused and then at 2:30am we were awaken by the police and asked to leave. I told her that this is highly unprofessional and you dont treat guests like this, she didnt seem to care. I am advertising this all over the internet, and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Northern California and may even contact an attorney. DO NOT STAY THERE, DONT LET THEIR FAKE CHARMING PERSONALITY FOOL YOU!!!

• Stayed January 2006

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2005

This place was a great disappointment. We went there for my husband's birthday, and the trip to Tahoe was worth it, except for this hotel. The room was relatively clean, but the furniture was old, dirty and worn. There was a coffe pot, but no coffee, filters, etc. The tack strip on the floor was coming up, which could have caused great injury if you walked barefoot in the room. You have to pay in advance, not upon leaving, as a regular place. The only channel we wanted to watch (NFL football) was fuzzy, etc, etc.

• Stayed October 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2005

Run down, old and not overly clean the Hacienda was a disapointment.
Wouldn't go back. The spa was great, very powerful, that was the only good feature.

benicia,calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2004

I,m staying here as i right this, my room has be complete redone, bathroom is spotless, rug's and everything is new. New mangmt, i think and it seem's all is new here. Mgr s seem very nice and ready to please there guests, # 38 rated is wrong should be in top 20. First time we ever stayed here at this place, stayed at others in the area and not as nice as here. Only $49 for fri, and sat night a really good price. Try this place and see if you don't agree, it seem's they put alot of money in this place to redo it.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2004

I went there with my husband for my birthday. It was just terrible. The room was dirty and the bed was uncomfortable. The pillow smells bad.
I regret all night thinking about why I booked this motel. Definitely, I don't recomend this motel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2004

We booked this room as a cheap place to stay for a wedding over Memorial Day Weekend. It was ok, your average run of the mill cheap motel. The rooms were adequate if you are not too picky but were pretty old. They are completely covered in wood and very dark though which was kind of weird. The only really objectionable part was that it reaked of smoke, but I may have just gotten unlucky in my room assignment. The pool was very nice and my husband said the spa was great. The motel is very close to everything. I would definitely not pay over $50 for this place, but that is about the going rate around the area anyway. Big plus, the management is VERY nice and accomodating. We were checked in and out with no hassle and they seemed like they actually wanted to help us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2004

I stayed here one nite, to get a inexpensive midweek room with a jacuzzi. They normally charge $152 on the weeekends for the queen with jacuzzi so, I must admit, I was expecting a nice room. What i found was a dirty room, old wash rag still in the shower, a hair in the jacuzzi, and venetian blinds with dust and mold on them. It was a dive (probably would have been ok if it was cleaned better)

NOT A PLACE 2 STAY FOR A SPA!! This is a $30-40 a nite crash pad.

Dfunk

Been to Tahoe Hacienda Inn? Share your experiences!