“Great Pet Friendly Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Tahoe Inn

You added Park Tahoe Inn to your Saves list
Park Tahoe Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4011 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, US-50 Stateline, South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #53 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Gilroy
“Great Pet Friendly Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

Don't trust the bad reviews. The beds were incredible and staff was friendly. It was only a 2 minute walk to the Heavenly Gondola for skiing. You can not beat the location. I will defiantly return to the Park Tahoe.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Napa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

We go t a $69.00 Hotwire rate (much better than the $269 rate at the bigger casinos in town!). It is a short walk (across the street to the Embassy Suites area and just over to Casino. I dont mind paying the 12.00 feet. it's better than the 25.00 one at Embassy! I agree with all the negatives a bout the crazy bathroom entrance, the thin walls, and questionable 3 Star rating...but we have stayed a much worse in Tahoe for much more! So...I would defineteley take advantage of this opportunity to stay here again to cut costs for a quick trip.
The BBQ joint was OK certainly not as good as let's say New Orleans southern, but I would drive further back to one of the local Waffle houses instead of doing the $3..99 Horizon breakfast next tiem! )(always looking for the good ole days 99cent breakfast. Those were great!. the PT breakfast was perfect for families... yogurt, cereal , instant oatmea, coffee, chocolate OJ, bagels cereal fresh fruit. I am not sure what people expect ? It was available in a large room with a fireplace and microwave.

San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

We love South Lake Tahoe and this has been the best find that my husband and I found this year. We love bringing the dogs for the hiking and getting outdoors. This is the best pet friendly hotel, that has all the convenience of being close to downtown when you want to go out and enjoy shopping or a nice dinner. We love the location, close to the new Heavenly complex and movie theatre. The beds were so comfortable!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

This is a nice place well worth the dollars we spent. It's a perfect location and we walked everywhere. We loved the beds. The staff was nice. We'll go back up and stay again at the end of the year. Pet friendly too, which is nice to see!

las vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Renovation of an old Travelodge. Not worthy of a 3 star rating. Barely worth the Hotwire rate. Would have been REALLY upset with the price on the door, $300 per night. Rooms were TINY. With a king bed there was barely one foot between the dresser. Felt more like an RV. Need your laptop...put it on your lap, cause' there isn't any other place to set it (really). Wireless connection in the room, and breakfast area EXTREAMLY low and slow. Contintenal breakfast (LOL), look for day old plain bagles ,dry mini muffens or oatmeal. They really went out of their way...

Worst upset, HIDDED CHARGES! $5 to park in an empty lot and $7 "service" fee...What "service"??? I despise hidden charges that are disclosed after they have your ID and credit card and ask you to sign your name...I don't like being "duped"!!!

One night too many, spend a few bucks more and get a room elsewhere...

Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

This is a more expensive motel so value is low for what you are paying. Free continental breakfast is good. The bed is good. The rest is average.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I booked this hotel very last-minute because we had to cancel our plans to camp. This was one of the 19 options available to me and I got the room for a good bargain. The rooms come with a memory foam mattress and bath and body works toiletries. The heater worked well. Since we didnt visit during the peak season parking was not an issue for us. Also there is a gas station right opposite the Inn. There end the positives.

On the downside, there was no tub and the shower was very narrow and my husband (6'1'' and heavy set) had some difficulty clamoring in . The flooring for the restroom/shower was very old fashioned and once it got wet (during the shower) would not dry before we checked out. Maybe this was done in good faith to discourage me from standing in there too long because I was able to hear conversations from the nearby room. The people that stayed above our room either had a heavy tread or the floorboard was thin. But optimistically thinking not everyone might be so unfortunate as to have both. The lighting was terrible. There were 4 really bad lamps including 2 by the bedside. The main light was a joke. I could hardly see with just the main light running. The bedside lamps had different wattage with one of the lamps yellow and the other white. The swimming pool was out of order during the duration we stayed. To top it all it snowed heavily (in October!) and the cars were parked so closely we had a nasty time getting rid of the snow on our car. I did not see department stores nearby within walking distance where I could purchase supplies for cleaning the car . The hotel staff kindly lent me a small hand towel which couldnt withstand 30 seconds of cleaning. By the time we cleaned the car and went to have the promised continental breakfast it was closed. (9am I think)

My one consolation after missing coffee was to walk up to the Starbucks opposite to the hotel and spend some time with my husband. I have stayed in better motels and chalets. I donot recommend this place .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Tahoe Inn? Share your experiences!