“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Tahoe Inn

Save Saved
You added Park Tahoe Inn to your Saves list
Park Tahoe Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4011 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, US-50 Stateline, South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #56 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was great, the room was clean and it was close to everything. We could walk down to the beach or next door to a restaurant. We thought there was a pool, but apparently it had been closed a few months before we got there. We would definitely stay there again.

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

July and August are our months of traveling with the kids and this year we stayed, again, at Park Tahoe Inn. As we remembered from last year the staff was friendly and very accomadating at all times. The room was in excellent condition and the beds were their wonderful Temp-r-pedic beds that make my back feel great. Over all, given the location and the extremely fair pricing, the excellent staff and the wonderful rooms this place is one of the best values in South Lake Tahoe!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We just celebrated an anniversary in Lake Tahoe. We stayed at Park Tahoe inn, as we have done many times in the past. Location is close to everything, rooms are clean & roomy. Staff is friendly and helpful. I have no complaints at all and will continue to stay at Park Tahoe inn everytime I'm in Lake Tahoe.

San Clemente, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I should have listened to the reviews that said the rooms were dirty and moldy. This motel was absolutely disgusting. There is no reason that I would recommend anyone to stay at Park Tahoe Inn.

Upon entering the room there was a weird smell and the carpets seemed really dirty (they had stains all over). Going into the vanity area there’s a threshold that’s unexpected and easy to trip over (especially at night when you get up to use the bathroom). The light switch was not near the entry of the vanity so that was awkward. Then into the bathroom with the toilet, shower and tiny window with cheap curtain. The shower and toilet seemed OK but when I looked at the ceiling and above the door (inside the bathroom) there was mold and not a small amount of it. So we called the front desk and told them our issues and asked for a different room. They said no problem.

On to the next room. Same weird smell, same gross carpet and even more mold in the bathroom than the first room. Again we called the front desk and told them of our issues and they gave us another room.

Getting to our 3RD!!! room it had the same weird smell and stained/dirty carpet but no visible mold in the bathroom. But in the bathroom you could see where the corners of the floor and baseboards had not been cleaned. They were very dusty. You could also see where the walls had been painted over due to some sort of damage (water, mold?).

The room still did not look anything close to the pictures on the motel’s website. They’re a little dark and have terrible lighting from the fixtures in the room. We were still unhappy with the room but there was no way to cancel our stay since we’d already paid in full online through the booking agent and we didn’t want to waste a couple hundred dollars by forfeiting the room. So we stayed. Which gave us more opportunities to notice more disgustingness in the room.
Behind the console table you could see where people had spilled beverages (coffee, soda, etc.) on the table and it had went down the wall that the table was up against. We didn’t spill anything, this was from past guests. Housekeeping doesn’t look for these things?

Then at about 10 o’clock we went to bed and upon pulling back the covers I found that the bottom sheet and one of the pillowcases was stained/dirty (I don’t know which one). The person staying with me said to call the front desk and ask for new sheets but it was late, I didn’t want to complain again or wait for housekeeping since I was already super tired from our day. So I slept in pants and socks and put a pillow in the bed so I wouldn’t roll past it onto the stained/dirty parts of the sheet.

The next morning we asked for the sheets to be changed (around 11-ish) and told them about the smell and general uncleanliness of the room, they said it would be taken care of and we went on our day. Coming back around 5 p.m. the sheets had not been changed, nothing looked any cleaner but somehow the smell had dissipated. We called the front desk about the sheets and someone came up in about an hour later to change the sheets. I looked at the new sheets and they still had some stains, although they were lighter.

So I have to assume the motel doesn’t purchase new sheets when the stains can’t be removed. Even our bath and hand towels and washcloths had stains. Gross. The owners must be the cheapest people in the world. I’ve never gone to a hotel and seen a stain on any of the linens. And I’ve stayed at inexpensive places like Motel 6.

The next day when we checked out we talked to the manager about our issues and asked if any kind of refund could be given. She said she could refund the $12.00/day resort fee but that was all since we didn’t pay the motel directly for the rooms. Fine, better than nothing.

Last thing is that they somehow have the nerve to call themselves a “resort”. And to charge an additional $12 for it. I don’t know in what way this motel could possibly be considered a resort. They have no “resort” amenities. Their breakfast offerings were terrible and by 9 a.m. on the 2nd day there wasn’t even any coffee left. We didn’t even touch the food. The ice machine nearest our room was broken. The parking is split up in an awkward design. The wi-fi reception was terrible and kicked you off every 30 minutes or so. There’s no pool. And the Temperpedic mattresses, they wasted their money. I woke up throughout the night with an achy back.

In reading some of the other negative reviews after I came home I saw that a staff member had responded to some of the negative review and was very snarky about it. Management, please don’t bother responding to this review, there is no point.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The worst hotel we stayed in. Very pretty from the outside until you go in your room, leaking bathroom, dirty carpets stains everywhere. Cracked ceilings. CAUTION Health hazard may want to wear a hazmat-suit. Don't stay here price is ok but not worth it.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

What was I thinking!! This dump already had terrible reviews from trip advisor, and I always take on board their comments, but don't know what I was thinking when I booked me, husband and 8 year old into this dump/health hazard.

Filthy stained carpets, mouldy ceilings ( really very bad complete with flaking paint), bathroom window that didn't lock and opened unto back carpark and wait for it...the temPur pedic beds that they so proudly boast about on their website is a mattress top, sitting upon a box frame.makes hilarious fun when one adult sits on one side and it rises up on the other side by 8 inches.

Oh management, the daily $ resort fee you slug what was that for? Access to a pit BBQ, area (the old filled in pool), crappy coffee in the morning and wait for it...organic shower products!! Do yourself a favour and look at the ingredient contents of the shampoo only.." contains organic honey". Hardly a organic claim, especially since they are cheap and nasty and many hotels use this made in china product. A rip off and most definately not a value add. No amount of organic anything can make up for a filthy, aged property. I trust all the bikers enjoy it though, there were enough of them there. Crappy and filthy!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Booked the Park Tahoe for 3 nights but unfortunately had to cancel and did within 3 days notice as I was told at booking. Was refunded my initial deposit and then accidentally charged the entire stay later. Have called back repeatedly to get my money refunded and getting the run-around. Now 2 weeks later management trying to charge the initially refunded cancellation fee because I called with 69 hours notice instead of 72 hours. General manager Nicole has been repeatedly rude or does not return phone calls. I should have heeded the previous reviews and never booked this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Park Tahoe Inn? Share your experiences!