“Average place, close to slopes” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Tahoe Inn

Save Saved
You added Park Tahoe Inn to your Saves list
Park Tahoe Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4011 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, US-50 Stateline, South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #56 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Santa Barbara
“Average place, close to slopes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a motel-like hotel right on the Blvd, just down the road from the casinos, but still in California. It is just a short walk to the Village Gondola up to the ski slopes. There are a Starbucks and a large shopping center with a grocery store across the street. The lobby also serves coffee, and the hotel is dog friendly. The rooms are good sized and have above average wood furnishings, comfortable beds with memory foam toppers, and good sheets. I really liked the staff person who checked us in.

The drawbacks we encountered were: the phone in our room was clearly broken, with missing buttons, which felt cheap; there were some mildew stains at the top of the wall in the bathroom; in one of our rooms, there was only one full sized towel, so we had to request more; toiletries included only shampoo and lotion; there was a small refrigerator, but no microwave, and the coffee wasn't great; the TV only got a few channels, with no pay-per-view for a night in; there was a pool and hot tub area, but neither was open; and there was both a $12 resort fee (for what, if even the hot tub wasn't open?) and a $25 per night dog fee that we were not expecting. Overall, I felt it just wasn't worth the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Disclaimer: I was here in March of 2009.

My boyfriend and I spent four nights here in March of 2009 while on spring break. It was the right price for us at the time, and we weren't really all that worried about the hotel we stayed at. Our room was clean, unlike some other reviews mention, and the hotel was in average condition. It isn't fancy, it isn't luxurious, it isn't up-to-date, but it was in a great location in regards to Heavenly and some fun spots to go out at night.

We didn't have any issues with our room, the staff were friendly, and we felt it to be appropriately priced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am disappointed. Rooms were not the best. I had to see three rooms before I chose one. The night lady was very helpful. She gave me three different keys to see if I liked any room. I drove three hours and already tired, so I just did not have any energy to look for better rooms. Every room I went it did not catch my eyes. I did not feel "oh nice" kind. I have been to motel 6 at Lake Tahoe, and I honestly believe it was not better than motel6 from any side. The only thing I liked was the bed. That's about it. I had to take handicapped room because no other rooms were looked clean to me. I was reluctant to walk in barefoot because the carpet didn't look fresh clean. They had Jacuzzi in the handicapped room, but it did not work. I reported the desk about it, but nobody came to fix it. Finally, I found they charge "Resort Fee"; charged me $12/day. I paid $36 for staying three days. I think it is rip off. This place is no way near to be considered as a resort. Paying $12/day for it makes no sense to me. I will definitely not going to this place again. I can find better place with the price I paid. I am giving 2 stars because of the clerks(evening/night) helped to provide a microwave.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

They charge $12 per night as a resort charge and they will let you know about the charges while checking out only.Refrigerator in the room are barely working......Floor carpet are damp and smells terrible..THE ONLY good thing about this MOTEL is location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Peeling paint, stained linens. The ONLY thing this hotel has going for it is location. Would have been nice if the front desk attendant had informed me on Sunday (when I inquired about the lift to Heavenly) that the gondolas only run on weekends! My friend ended up with green hair after using the hot tub. Big mistake to stay here. Big case of "you get what you pay for".

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!
Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Spent 2 nights here and thought it was fine. We had stayed there a few years back and it was much more like a hotel than the motel it is now. I found check in quick and easy. Although we weren't informed of the $12 "resort" fee. Room was clean and comfy. Location is excellent. Only real problem we encountered was on Saturday night it was like a frat house. The room next door had a large group in it drinking. They were kicking doors and walls. It was horrendous. I called the front desk 3 times and they failed to answer the phone. Eventually it died down after 1am. Didn't use pool would go back if it was cheap again. Only for the location though

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Diamond city, alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Clean room, nice tempurpedic bed. Close to hiking trails, shopping mall, casinos, private beach.
Didn't expect a big fancy bathroom at this price. Was able to check in early. The pool and hot tub had to be accessed from the street. This pool situation needs improvement .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Tahoe Inn? Share your experiences!