“not worth it” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Tahoe Inn

You added Park Tahoe Inn to your Saves list
Park Tahoe Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4011 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, US-50 Stateline, South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #53 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Jose, California, United States
“not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

too muich for what you get. the shower had mold in the shower head and ceiling. the refrigerator was damaged. the street noise was evident. and the room to room noise was only adequately dampened. If I knew the state of the room for the rate, I would have booked elsewhere. The casinos were less expensive then this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Crescent City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was very displeased with the Park Tahoe Inn. I had large party staying there because I was getting married in Tahoe so we got a large room block. I went to the Inn before hand and was really excited about the stay. When it actually come to our stay I was not happy. It was one thing after another. The pool was out for my stay they got it up running the day I was leaving. One of my friends staying at the inn for my wedding got something stolen out of their room by one of the staff and they did nothing about it and were not very apologetic, the ice machine on our side was broken, I rented out their tamarack room and the bathroom was broke.. and this is where myself and all my bridesmaids were getting ready for the day! Many of the guests staying in our room block never got their rooms cleaned and then had to ask repeatedly for towels. I would not recommend this this place at all!!!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Monterey Bay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Hotel staff seem professional. Front Office is nice. Check in process smooth...after that HORRIBLE. First room had towel bar on the floor and a hole in the wall where it used to hang. The paint was falling from the ceiling and had a moderate amount of mold. There was one towel! The one towel turned out to have a great big stain...eeeewww. Bathroom very tiny. Spots on carpet...bleh...I had to be at an event but despite 2 calls to the front desk to let them know I at least needed some towels, they never showed. On the way out to event we told the desk clerk about the room. He agreed to move us after we returned for the evening. New guy later that night, knew nothing about the move, but did find us a replacement. It turned out to be a handicap room. Bonus was the bathroom was a lot bigger..no coffee pot. I asked him if I could get the one from our first room...sure he said. I did. Then we discovered the new room had no remote. Back to the from desk I went. Sorry, we can't help you with that, you will have to wait until the morning was the response. Argh...How about getting us the one from our old room. 45 minutes later he brought it. Fast forward next day after room has been serviced. They left the coffee pot for us to clean ourselves. No wash clothes...we just shook our heads. Next day, after service...can you say gross!!! A big I don't want to know what it was stain on the bedspread...ick, plus dirt on the other end. Was not that way when we left in the a.m. They also neglected to provide us with any more disposable cups. The last straw was as we were leaving, we went to get ice to put in our water bottle...of course the machine was out. I truly do not understand how this occurs. Either the cleaning staff are paid so low that they could give a flying crap about the rooms, or no one has pride in their work, and management just figures with a place like Tahoe they will always fill up the room. Never again. I will tell anyone and everyone I know to never ever stay there...oh yea, they had the audacity to try and hit me up for the (mandatory) resort fee. After I vented, that at least was waived. I think the thing that bothered us the most is that they put us in the room in the first place. WOW

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I am a Senior Contributor, and try to be fair and unbiased, but my experience at this motel has been so horrible I just need to share. Let me just try to hit the highlights:

Room wasn't ready to check in until after 4 pm
Rooms are old, soiled carpets, one bath towel, one hand towel per room
The door to our room was left OPEN after maid had been here. Thankfully, nothing stolen
While in the lobby to complain about our door being left open, I ran into a couple who had been assigned a room that was already occupied.

STAY AWAY!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Joshua A, Manager at Park Tahoe Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you were not able to check-in at the guaranteed check-in time of 3pm. Although it is not typical, there are times when even with 7 room attendants working as hard as they can, depending on the occupancy we can run a little behind. More should have been done to ease the inconvenience. I have been diligently been purchasing additional towels for the property, and we are back up to great levels. During the summer months, with high occupancy 7 days a week, our rooms can take a beating and guests leave towels at the lake. With this being my first summer in Tahoe as the General Manager, I admit I was caught off guard with the chaos of the summer, and assure everyone it will not be the same circumstance come next year. I am extremely sorry and embarrassed for the door to your room being left open, I take the personal security of each of my guests extremely serious, and always do what I can to ensure my staff has the same standards. If given the chance, I would love the opportunity to wow you as our guest, and win you back as a regular guest.
Kingsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located within walking distance to the beach, shopping areas, restaurants, and casinos. Room was good size, very clean and nicely decorated in a cabin theme. Amazing value for the price. The only thing that would have made this hotel better would have been a continental breakfast. Overall we were more than happy with this place. Definitely recommend!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oro Valley, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We just spent 2 nights at this hotel after reading all the great reviews. I had to take a minute to add mine to that list. The hotel location is great! I tried this place out because they have Tempurpedic mattreses. The bed I thought was too soft perhaps a firm one would be better. The bathroom needed some serious work. The paint was peeling off the wall above the shower and the shower door frame was all moldy! yuck! I've attached a photo of the shower. They claim to have wi-fi but it's slower than dial up. All in all the location is good, the staff is friendly but I couldn't get pass the shower.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakeside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My stay started out poorly at check in. I booked a room directly from the hotel and confirmed the price twice on the phone to be the total price including tax and resort fee only to arrive and be told that the price I was quoted was wrong and the total was higher. With their cancelation policy I was forced to stay the first night. Arriving at my room I was very disappointed to see a $30 room and not the $100+ I just paid for. The only chair in the room was the desk chair and not a table to put anything on except the desk. Access to the bath room was an after thought to the designer and you had to squeeze thought the opening to get in, My ears are still hurting from the pillows that are hard as a rock and dont be fooled by the tempurpedic matress it is nothing like I expected, it cushioned my hip but was hard as a rock for the rest of my body. Absoultely no extras, no coffee pot not even a pen and paper at the desk I guess you already know I will never stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Tahoe Inn? Share your experiences!