When I was looking for places around Lake Tahoe, this one stood out. The reviews are typically good, the location is excellent and it is one of very few timeshares with beachfront. They were remodeling the Baldwin (#5) building while I was there, so no beach view - but my room was nice and the whirlpool tub a welcomed surprise! I had to laugh that they inventory each and every utensil - some of which make no sense in a room with only a microwave to cook by! I was a little disappointed that they didn't have a separate in-room waste container for recyclable items - if you're going to remodel why wouldn't you install a bin for recycling? Yes, there's one at the end of the hall on the first floor - not convenient to most rooms. I was also disappointed that housekeeping only comes once a week. I was not told of this at check-in, and there are 'make up my room' door knob placards that apparently serve no purpose. For a location on a beach, you would expect a little sand to make its way into the rooms (it does). I'd much rather pay a little extra to have the daily service I receive in other timeshares.
That said, I really enjoyed my stay. The staff that I encountered were all friendly and helpful. There's a printer in the computer room so I was able to print my return boarding pass easily before I checked out. The location really is central to everything. Two miles in either direction on the highway will get you to most of the local happenings. As another reviewer said, the Emerald Queen is right next door - and the cruise is fun as well as providing the opportunity for ample great photographs to be taken. The beach has a spectacular view - I could have sat out there for the entire week! The weather was great the week I was there - in the high 60's/low 70's! Then it snowed two days after I left!
I'll be back every other year from now on, and look forward to the relaxing tub and great views!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tahoe Beach and Ski Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Beach And Ski Club Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Beach And Ski Hotel
- Lake Tahoe Beach Ski Club
- Tahoe Beach And Ski Resort
- Tahoe Beach Ski Club