“nice but noisey on 4th” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Louisville, Kentucky
“nice but noisey on 4th”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Checked in on July 4th, busy,crazy, day for the hotel. Stayed on 5th also and it was much more sane. We had a room which faced the road and with no A/C in room and windows open because of the heat we had zero sleep because of the noise of people, sirens, car noise outside. Place has a very nice family party on 4th and a private beach which they do a good job of patrolling to keep no hotel guests off property. There are no restaurants,pool is nice but very small, rooms are nice 2 room units. Overall a nice place with a good location but for the price we paid (about $250 a night) I expected to be able to get some sleep.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room anywhere near the road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany C, Owner Services/Rental Relations at Tahoe Beach and Ski Club, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your visit to Tahoe Beach & Ski Club. We appreciate hearing about our guests’ experiences at the resort.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope that each time you visit us we will live up to or exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to call the front desk should you ever encounter any problems.

Thank you again for your input. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit here at Tahoe Beach & Ski Club.

Tahoe Beach & Ski Club Staff and Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lees Summit, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Locataion is right on the beach. Great for walks in the morning and evening. Our units in the building closet to the beach, #5. A bit slow to check in but ohter than that, staff was helpful. Grounds were well maintained as were the buildings and our unit. Some things seemed new, overall decor was a bit dated but it did not affect the comfort or our ability to enjoy ourselves. 2 stories with bedroom on top via a spiral staircase which was unexpected. Nice to have 2 large bathroons. Kitchen was very small but worked for 2 people. Not sure if you had more. Small refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven which we could not get to work, Lots of activity opportunities on site but we were always out hiking and kayaking so did not use the facilities. Lots of families were in the pool or on the beach. Noise was not an issue. Location was great as you could walk to many really great restaurants. Parking was not an issue. Wifi was fast and stable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stay here multiple times a year and actually "own" at this property as well. While the facility itself is excellent, very conducive to families, their customer service is poor. I rarely pass the front desk without hearing someone complaining at the front desk and 99% of the time that we stay, we are unhappy with our room location. You would think being an "owner" and booking a reservation 1-2 years out would find you in a building/room of your choice. There is always an excuse or an absolute "no" from the management. You know that there may be a reoccurrence of this issue when they have a sign posted at their desk warning that you will be asked to leave the hotel if you speak rudely to anyone at the front desk. TB and S will never change because people will always want to stay at such an ideal location. Just know what you are getting when you check in~

• Stayed June 2013
Westminster, CA USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We made a reservation a month in advance, a few days before our trip I checked their website and saw that they had reduced the rates significantly for new reservations only. Upon check-in I asked them to honor their reduced rates for our stay which they refused to do. I understand what the website said but is it really fair that I pay more then the people who just called in yesterday?

Other prior reviews do a good job of describing the property, great location, private beach, etc., however our room was really old, dirty, and tacky. They are in the process of remodeling all the rooms but it will be some time before they are done so ask for a room in one of the remodeled units.

On check-out I again asked for the reduced rate and was told that since I had reserved on line they could not change it. I was further told that I should never reserve on line but should call the hotel because they would then give me a better price.....it seems like whoever I talked to gave me a different answer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tiffany C, Owner Services/Rental Relations at Tahoe Beach and Ski Club, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your visit to Tahoe Beach & Ski Club. Although we would prefer for all our guests have a pleasant experience, comments such as yours allow us the opportunity to improve the quality of service we offer to all guests.

We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay, and would like to speak with you regarding the specific problems you had.

Tahoe Beach & Ski Club Staff and Management
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The unit was composed of one large bedroom, a living room with a pull out couch, a full size kitchen and two full baths. It was newly remodeled in the three story building next to the street. Because I was on the third floor I was able to see a bit of the lake and the mountains behind them.

However, what makes for a positive experience is more than the accommodations themselves. Upon check in, I was told I did not have a reservation, even though I had made it nine months earlier and called a week before to confirm my stay. It was in my brother's name and not in mine and I was almost refused access. I spent time on the phone with two separate businesses confirming that the reservation was for me and had them fax the documentation to the hotel. This is not something you want to experience almost 3,000 miles from home with no other reservations. Needless to say I was filled with anxiety until I got the proof I needed faxed to the hotel.

I do need to say that my visit to Lake Tahoe was extremely pleasurable and the hotel was pretty centrally located to what was of interest.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit that has water view. Who wants to be at Lake Tahoe and not see any of it! Second choi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Superior location, fantastic beach, fantastic views and close to most everything. However, the management is doing this location a great disservice in failing to properly maintain and update this location. It should be noted they are doing work in one of the 5 buildings. The rooms have not been updated for what appears to be a significant period of time. The furniture is worn and not very comfortable. I do question how you rent a one bedroom unit with a kitchenette that has all the utensils to cook but unit does not come with a stove or burners to cook with. Why the utensils and other cooking items? I assume you are to use them with the microwave and toaster oven? I should have realized this when I reviewed the club activities which include a presentation on making a meal in a microwave. A countertop burner is evidently available upon request but really this is 2013 and this is a one bedroom unit. Also this is the first one bedroom unit I've been in that has a mini refrigerator. Again not up to what would expect. Worse was the pool/hot tub area. The steps leading to the hot tub are crumbling with loose concrete everywhere including the deck of the hot tub and in the hot tub. Also had to clean the filter on the hot tub as it was so full of leaves, pine needles etc that they were floating back into the hot tub. The pool was not skimmed daily during my stay and also had organic material on top of the water and on the bottom of the pool. This is really a great location, nice private balcony, great private beach, close to the marina, shopping other sites. It is just in need of a major renovation to bring it up to standards seen in other locations. Hopefully the current renovations will be done on the entire facility and address the issues that I have detailed as well as others that I have not addressed.

Room Tip: Check on the renovation and visit after they are completed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just had our vacation in March 2013. The room and location were great but hope they would improve on customer care especially for those tourists like us who are not familiar with the place. We had trouble with transportation to see the different places of Tahoe. But each time I call the front desk, we always got an "I don't know" answer. So, we just had to find our way on our own without anybody's assistance from the hotel staff. But then, all other aspect about the hotel was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tahoe Beach and Ski Club? Share your experiences!