“Be Careful Making Reservations” 2 of 5 stars

Travelocity Expedia.com
Tahoe Beach and Ski Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3601 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Westminster, CA USA
“Be Careful Making Reservations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We made a reservation a month in advance, a few days before our trip I checked their website and saw that they had reduced the rates significantly for new reservations only. Upon check-in I asked them to honor their reduced rates for our stay which they refused to do. I understand what the website said but is it really fair that I pay more then the people who just called in yesterday?

Other prior reviews do a good job of describing the property, great location, private beach, etc., however our room was really old, dirty, and tacky. They are in the process of remodeling all the rooms but it will be some time before they are done so ask for a room in one of the remodeled units.

On check-out I again asked for the reduced rate and was told that since I had reserved on line they could not change it. I was further told that I should never reserve on line but should call the hotel because they would then give me a better price.....it seems like whoever I talked to gave me a different answer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tiffany C, Owner Services/Rental Relations at Tahoe Beach and Ski Club, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your visit to Tahoe Beach & Ski Club. Although we would prefer for all our guests have a pleasant experience, comments such as yours allow us the opportunity to improve the quality of service we offer to all guests.

We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay, and would like to speak with you regarding the specific problems you had.

Thank you again for your input. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit here at Tahoe Beach & Ski Club.

Tahoe Beach & Ski Club Staff and Management

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The unit was composed of one large bedroom, a living room with a pull out couch, a full size kitchen and two full baths. It was newly remodeled in the three story building next to the street. Because I was on the third floor I was able to see a bit of the lake and the mountains behind them.

However, what makes for a positive experience is more than the accommodations themselves. Upon check in, I was told I did not have a reservation, even though I had made it nine months earlier and called a week before to confirm my stay. It was in my brother's name and not in mine and I was almost refused access. I spent time on the phone with two separate businesses confirming that the reservation was for me and had them fax the documentation to the hotel. This is not something you want to experience almost 3,000 miles from home with no other reservations. Needless to say I was filled with anxiety until I got the proof I needed faxed to the hotel.

I do need to say that my visit to Lake Tahoe was extremely pleasurable and the hotel was pretty centrally located to what was of interest.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit that has water view. Who wants to be at Lake Tahoe and not see any of it! Second choi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Superior location, fantastic beach, fantastic views and close to most everything. However, the management is doing this location a great disservice in failing to properly maintain and update this location. It should be noted they are doing work in one of the 5 buildings. The rooms have not been updated for what appears to be a significant period of time. The furniture is worn and not very comfortable. I do question how you rent a one bedroom unit with a kitchenette that has all the utensils to cook but unit does not come with a stove or burners to cook with. Why the utensils and other cooking items? I assume you are to use them with the microwave and toaster oven? I should have realized this when I reviewed the club activities which include a presentation on making a meal in a microwave. A countertop burner is evidently available upon request but really this is 2013 and this is a one bedroom unit. Also this is the first one bedroom unit I've been in that has a mini refrigerator. Again not up to what would expect. Worse was the pool/hot tub area. The steps leading to the hot tub are crumbling with loose concrete everywhere including the deck of the hot tub and in the hot tub. Also had to clean the filter on the hot tub as it was so full of leaves, pine needles etc that they were floating back into the hot tub. The pool was not skimmed daily during my stay and also had organic material on top of the water and on the bottom of the pool. This is really a great location, nice private balcony, great private beach, close to the marina, shopping other sites. It is just in need of a major renovation to bring it up to standards seen in other locations. Hopefully the current renovations will be done on the entire facility and address the issues that I have detailed as well as others that I have not addressed.

Room Tip: Check on the renovation and visit after they are completed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just had our vacation in March 2013. The room and location were great but hope they would improve on customer care especially for those tourists like us who are not familiar with the place. We had trouble with transportation to see the different places of Tahoe. But each time I call the front desk, we always got an "I don't know" answer. So, we just had to find our way on our own without anybody's assistance from the hotel staff. But then, all other aspect about the hotel was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed for a weekend in December but would love to go back for longer. Of course the private beach was covered in a couple feet of snow when I was there but I am sure it is great in summer, as it was the view was gorgeous. The staff was very helpful and even though they were reluctant to hold our few bags for us after checkout, they did so at no charge. Problem is they do not really have room to hold luggage so do not expect it like you can at regular hotels. Our one bedroom corner suite was huge. I didn't realize when I booked that this was a condo so was surprised when I opened the door and saw the size, full kitchen, dining table, living room, two bathrooms - one with a huge jacuzzi tub, two balconies. I guess we had an updated room because it was furnished wonderfully. I highly recommend staying here and if I ever go back I will plan for a longer stay where I can actually use the kitchen and other great amenities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rollinsford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were here in Feb 2013. We had a 1 bedroom condo w/partial kitchen in the newly renovated Bliss Bldg (#2). We were very happy with the condo. The unit was very nicely appointed with new tile floors in the kitchen and baths (there were 2 baths) ample room in both the bedroom and living area. All the appliances and fixtures and furnishing were new. The partial kitchen has no stove top but does have a large microwave, toaster, toaster oven and place settings and flatware for four and a 3/4 size fridge w/freezer.

The access is excellent. The complex is on the main drag but we had no noise issues at all. Access to local attractions was very simple and easy. Heavenly Resort was 1 mile, Kirkwood was 35 miles, Sierra at Tahoe was 17 miles and the casinos about a mile. If you are there in the summer, the complex has 400' of beachfront!

Room Tip: request a room in one of the renovated buildings
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here from 9th Feb until 15th Feb 2013, and having read some of the reviews, I must admit I was a little nervous as to what we may end up with.
However, these fears were unfounded as we found both the staff and the room excellent. We most likely had a renovated room as everyone speaks about, and it was more than sufficient to our needs with a partial kitchen/ lounge area and a separate bedroom, the bed was massively comfy!
Location wise, you're less than a 5 minute drive to the ski slopes of heavenly, via the California lodge. Parking here is easy and free, rather than going for the Gondola in Heavenly village.
Pizza hut on site helped with food after 18 hours of travelling (if your British, don't order the thin and crispy versions of pizza, its like having the filling on a cracker!)
Easy to pick ski-s up from powder house, and the front desk clerks gave us coupons for 15% off.
The place is being renovated, currently on the Carson building, but this had no affect on our stay. Overall, a nice, easy going place.....and we used a third party to book with no problems.

Room Tip: We had 3100 which looked to be a disabled room.....apt for my knee injury during the holiday. Think...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tahoe Beach and Ski Club? Share your experiences!