like every hotel stay, there are good experiences and bad experiences. this time, i join the side of those with bad experiences...the good about the hotel: centrally located. has a small private beach.
the bad, the check in clerk couldn't even tell us which way to come in to the building to go to our room. the staff is courteous, but they allocated accommodations based on how you book:
we booked a 1 bdrm a month prior to our arrival using diamond resort points. having read the reviews, i knew some were renovated, some were not. we arrived to check in early. a unit wasn't available, so we preregistered and came back later. during preregistration, i asked whether the hotel was full, and was told no. we went at an off time, no skiing, lifts, gondola was working... so tahoe was not at all crowded.
when i came back to check in, i was given a room in the carson building. knowing that this bldg was undergoing renovations, i asked right there if we could get another one, and was told there weren't any available, that units are given on a first come first serve basis. so much for preregistration. once we saw our room - stained carpets, smelly, dated, right next to the renovations area, my husband went to see if there was any space in bldg #5, or another building, and was told no. he was told that bldg #5 - next to the beach and pool, is the most requested by owners, and gets booked like 2 yrs in adv. and that there weren't any others available.
Not long after this, i was standing at the lobby looking for cruise info, and i overheard someone call in to request a room transfer. the clerk told him there were 2 available, and he would come over to show them, so they could choose... well.... !@#$%.
I don't know if they were owners, booked 2 yrs in adv, booked a 2 bdrm, or were cash paying customers. whatever...no need to guess whether i'd be returning to this hotel. there are plenty of other choices where i can use my diamond/interval resorts points and get a better hotel room.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Beach And Ski Club Hotel
- Tahoe Beach And Ski Club Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Beach And Ski Hotel
- Lake Tahoe Beach Ski Club
- Tahoe Beach Ski
- Tahoe Beach And Ski Resort
- Tahoe Beach Ski Club
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Tahoe Beach and Ski Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.