“Clean & Reasonable With A Good Hot Breakfast Buffet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Casino Center

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Casino Center to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4127 Pine Boulevard & Stateline, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #41 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Mateo, California
“Clean & Reasonable With A Good Hot Breakfast Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Rodeway Inn Casino Center in South Lake Tahoe and enjoyed my stay. Be aware that there is no casino at the Rodeway Inn "Casino Center" (it's in CA) but Harveys and Harrahs are a block and 1/2 away on the other side of Stateline Rd. The Lake Tahoe beach is only about 3 blocks away. The room cost was very reasonable and competitively priced. I considered it a bargain. This Rodeway Inn consists of two buildings, directly across the street from each other. As all the motels in this area, the Inn is from the '60's era, but was well kept and clean. I stayed in a room with a small balcony across the street from check-in and check-in's adjoining breakfast buffet area. The rooms in the check-in building do not have balconies. The room was clean, the bed and pillows very comfortable. The shower/bath had excellent water pressure and plenty of hot water. The towels were large and thick which was much appreciated at this price point. In this building there is a "community kitchen" on the 2nd floor which has a full size refrigerator/freezer, full size range/stove, a microwave, a sink and a small table with a couple of chairs. I believe a coffeemaker was also there, but not certain. Plates, bowls & utensils are provided and you are asked to clean them after use. I used the freezer overnight to refreeze my "blue ice" packs. I saw microwaves and small "fridges" on carts in the hallway, so these are available for your room. The night I was there there was no excess noise and I slept well.

The free breakfast was much more extensive than I expected. It included not only the usual coffee, oj, and pastries, but also cold cereals, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, potatoes and some fresh fruit. I very much enjoyed the full breakfast. There is both a nice inside and outside seating area for the breakfast.

The one caveat that I found was that there is a $6.00 per person "resort tax" added to your room charge. This is not a "tax" imposed by any government agency, but rather, an additional charge for your room. There are a few of South Lake Tahoe's motels that add this extra non tax "tax". Just be aware of it and figure it in to your room charge along with the actual local tax.

All in all, I found the Rodeway Inn to be a clean, comfortable and convenient place to stay. I gave 3 stars (average) as compared to all lodging available at South Lake Tahoe. However, compared to those motels in it's "category" it's definitely a 4 star (very good).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mike M, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Casino Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for the nice review and taking the time to complete our online survey about your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Topanga, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here on a trip up the Eastern Sierra to Lake Tahoe. I selected the hotel because of its closeness to the beach and to casinos at the Nevada state line. (One person in our group of four likes to play Roulette when he gets the chance to.) I have to save the hotel was ok but what made it better was the Walking distance to the beach. They had a pretty good breakfast buffet and we could sit outside. A little bit of driving takes you to better beaches on the western side though. The rooms was small but clean and the beds were okay. I can say I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the rooms next to the laundry room at the reception and it was quite busy because they were t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mike M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Casino Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey about your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is old and outdated but it was clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet. For the money this hotel is a great find. It is close to the casinos if you are going to a show, easily within walking distances. They also give you a guest pass to a very nice beach within walking distance as well. The breakfast was simple but tasty. We will definitely stay here again the next time we see a show at Tahoe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Your feedback is very important to us so we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Sonoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This motel is tucked in the dense zone of lodging between Stateline casinos and the beach, but I like how it is just a short walk to a beach and has its own private pool and hot tub. I also liked finding it has a guest kitchen available with fridge. That meant I could skip driving and spending money on a couple meals and recharge the ice packs for my cooler. It does not have noise from a highway, unlike many other motels near South Shore.

The motel allows dogs for an extra fee. The nearby beach does not allow dogs, but they may have a good walk around the neighborhood or drive over to Rabe Meadows off Kahle Drive or Elk Point Road and the forest path to the meadow if ready for a mile or more walk.

Room Tip: I'd ask ahead to choose a room with the desired window orientation. As I had an unreserved ADA a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create and enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went on Labor Day weekend, so I get that they are going to jack up the prices. But for the rate we paid the place was really run down and crappy. The comforter on the bed looked like it had been in use since the 70's and the walls of the place were grungy and dinged up. Overall felt kind of dirty. I spent the night trying to stop the shower from dripping- kept me up all night. The one nice thing was the breakfast.. which was quickly ruined by a guy approaching us as we ate, claiming to be the motel's "activities manager" who "needed to give us our complimentary coupons" - as he tried to get us to go to what was obviously a time share presentation. He was doing a really hard used car salesman routine, pulling out all the stops to get us to go to what I later saw on some sign up sheets he had left on a table in the lobby was for "Diamond Resorts International" - which he did not make mention of. Anytime you see the word "International" in a group's name you know it's for a religious cult or it's a scam. We got rid of him quickly but it still pisses me off that the motel let him be there in the first place, I know he's just doing his (scam) job. After this experience, not really thinking of going back to Tahoe anytime soon let alone buying a time share. If you have to try and trick people into going to a sales pitch by offering gift cards maybe it's not a good deal? So yeah if you're staying here make sure to ask the "activities manager" how his sales leads are going.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Very sorry you bothered by the Timeshare guy, he is no longer here and the new guy they have is doing his pitch but is so very helpful to all our guests, and most important, the new person does not bother anyone eating breakfast. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be used the feedback you provided to make changes to ensure we offer and exceptional experience to our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Palm Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

They screwed up our reservation, and our room was dirty, small, old and disgusting..we could not wait to get out of there..we considered leaving right after we checked in but they would not refund our reservation so we stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at the hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for filing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer and exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I love staying here. Book directly with hotel, ask for Mike. He is the owner...nice guy. I have stayed here with my dog several times while skiing at Heavenly and Kirkwood. Bus to Heavenly ski lifts stops in front of hotel. Walk to casinos and many food/drink choices on Hwy 50 near Stateline.

Rooms are clean. Great value for the price!

Free breakfast...it's just OK, but it's hard to screw up making your own waffles and toasting a bagel and spreading with cream cheese. Staff is friendly, helpful.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a microwave, although they all have a mini-fridge. Community kitchen and extra mi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey about your stay with us. YES! Mike is wonderful and we love working for him. Your feedback is important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Sherry, Front Desk

Been to Rodeway Inn Casino Center? Share your experiences!