“Poor Customer Service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Casino Center

You added Rodeway Inn Casino Center to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4127 Pine Boulevard & Stateline, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #39 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Stockton
“Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for two nights. We were greeted at check-in on Friday night by a wonderfully friendly man. We got to our room, it was very small, dated, but clean. I found the bed to not be made well, so I had to remake the bed so the fitted sheet actually stayed on the bed. The mattress pad was too small for our Kind size bed. I placed the card on the pillow the next day to get the sheets changed and hopefully a mattress pad that fir the bed. When we arrived back to our room several hours later, we found that the door was wide open. Thank goodness we had placed all of our belongings in the closet, so nothing was visible from the open room. When I called the front desk to tell them about this, they hung up on me first, when I called back the second time. I was told that I had not closed the door. My room had been made up by housekeeping after I left so I was not the one to leave the door open. I found later that night that the sheets had not bee changed at all, the bed was merely made. Upon checkout on Sunday morning, I expressed my concerns to the front desk clerk and she told me that I never called as she was on duty the entire day before and continued to argue with me instead of telling me she was sorry and that she would check with housekeeping on the reason the sheets were not changed and the door was left open.

Breakfast was sufficient, although they lacked much in healthier options. The only fruit offered were last seasons apples. There was supposed to be eggs and sausages, but there were only eggs. Also just outside the entrance to the breakfast area, was a man trying to get people to sign up for time share preview appointments. He was very hard sell on making these appointments and it was annoying to hear his spiel the entire breakfast time.

The room was quiet, parking is tight, but overall it was not a horrible stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Casino Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Winder, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were here in early May and were surprised to wake up and find that it was snowing that late in the year, but the staff said you are not safe from snow until the end of May. The hotel is a little old and a bit weathered, but it makes up for it by being only a block and a half from the casinos.
The bathroom had been remodeled fairly recently and the room was clean and well kept. Beds were comfortable with linen in good shape. Breakfast was good, but the usual potatoes and eggs with little selection other than a pastry or two.
The area is quite beautiful and the lake vistas can be accessed quite easily. It is just a short drive to the perimeter of the lake and has a good choice of places to enjoy the lake.
All in all, it is worth the money that you pay for a bargain hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is u shaped on the side where we stayed and all of the rooms seem about the same. There i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey about your stay with us. Yes, our winter snow can stay with us through May and even sometimes early June. Usually a bit to warm on the ground for it to last. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Do to our flight delays the i called ahead and the lobby stayed open until 11pm when we finally arrived to check in. Our room(304)was most comfortable. Great soft beds with 3 pillows each, plenty of towels and clean. The rooms could use new carpet and our tub was slow to drain after use but no major complaints. The breakfast buffet was a nice surprise. Hot eggs, sausage, potatoes, toast, coffee, juice, cold cereal and fruit. They even had a waffle maker. We got a great rate for Lake Tahoe and many places were within walking distance............casinos, shops, etc etc.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There are two buildings to this hotel.....the main building and the second building across the stree...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to complete our online survey. We appreciate your feedback so that we can use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable stay for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times now. I think this is a decent hotel and should not expect very much from it especially when you are not paying much. Room carpets and bed headboards smell and have stains but what do you expect from 25-30 a night motel? Breakfast was just muffins, coffee, juices and danishes when last I stayed there in 2010 but I read in recent reviews that they have improved their breakfast menu.

Great thing about this motel:

1. Location, Location, Location - 200 yards from the lake beach, 150 yards from casinos, 250 yards from Heavenly Ski Resort.
2. Internet Speed - much much much better than ANY big Vegas hotels or many locations of big brands like Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, etc.
3. Room sizes - huge comparatively to other similar motels in the MAIN building. Rooms are tiny and filthy in the second building which is across the road from the reservation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I see you stayed with us a long time ago. May upgrades and changes to the hotel since then, you would be pleasantly surprised. We are upgrading all the time and many times since your last stay. We have a full hot breakfast and it is included with you stay... Eggs, potatoes, sausage, toast, bagels, hot/cold cereals, fruit, waffle's, muffins, juice, coffee, and more.. We hope to see you again soon!
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are average and clean. There is a musty smell and odor within the room. The rooms are standard and comfortable. The location is great close to local attractions and casinos. Great for the price and good free breakfast and Internet

• Stayed April 2013
Mike M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Casino Center, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thanks for taking time to write a review. We love hearing from customers and your feedback is important to us. Winter time is hard because everyone tracks in snow and ice and it gets in the carpet and sometimes we have that musty wet and soon as it dries it goes away. We used to spray in the rooms and then we got complaints about the nice smell. We work hard to clean things shiny and clean. Hope you had a nice time while at Lake Tahoe and we hope to see you this coming winter again.
Mike, Mgr.
Nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I read the mixed reviews this property received before deciding to take my chance on it. I am glad i did. It was exactly what i was hoping for. As a frame of reference, i am a frequent global traveller, often staying at 5 and 6 star chain hotels like the likes of Marriott, Hilton, Four Seasons, Ritze, complete with all its status' perks. Having said that i have also stayed at a whole gamut of category hotels in big cities and small towns alike all over the world. Based on this frame of reference, i found this property to be good value for money. I would be happy to pay an average of 35 to 45 dollars a nite plus tax for it. I gather the quality of the rooms vary depending on which building you are in. I was on the second floor, facing the main road, in the building right across from the office/reception. The king bedroom was small but it had all the basic amenities and a balcony that looked right onto the main road ( i like that... I could watch out for when the blue-go bus approaches). I was on a week ski trip. They threw in a microwave and refrigerator which came in very useful. Its a 5 to 7 minute walk to the Heavenly Gondola Base or Heavenly Village Center where the Marriott Hotel, Cinema, Main Ski Rental Shops are located. There's a bug and decent grocery store close to the Heavenly Gondola Base, so the walk from the grocery store is about 10 or 12 minutes to the hotel. The bed is comfortable and they give you 4 pillows. The tv is the old (pre plasma, lcd) model and small but it has about 15 to 20 cable channels and it works fine. There is a small desk, coffee maker, iron, and small 1500 watts hairdryer ( mine was somewhat broken). The shower pressure is light and you have to turn the shower faucet just right to get the hottest water temperature. The free hot buffet breakfast is adequate and appreciated; scrambled eggs everyday, sausage and roast potatoes ( bite sizes), bagels, toast, juice, basic cereal. My only beef is the comforter ( supposedly freshly replaced) was stained the second day and on the last day, there were blood stains on the comforter again:( .....and they were not stains caused by me ), the bathroom floors are not always well cleaned by housekeeping and free wifi was erratic or slow especially on weekends. I like that the free winter ski shuttle stops right in front of the office but its schedule is iffy if you need to be on time, otherwise plan to be early to take it ( it sometimes runs earlier and later than its scheduled time). The same winter ski blue-go bus will take you to Harveys if you have heavy suitcases or gear and need to get to Harveys. Harveys/Harrahs Casino is otherwise only a five minute walk from this property. They also have a guest self service coin operated laundromat. Not all the staff are knowledgeable so sometimes you have to wait for the owner manager for your requests to be fulfilled. Overall, i was happy with my stay. The owner and staff are helpful and try their best.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony across the office building is a good choice. That building has nice functional c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love hearing customer feedback and sounds like you had a nice time at Lake Tahoe. We have made several changes since you last stayed with us and we are always working to keep the place clean. We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to our area and grab so ski time too.
Mike, Mgr.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had the worst experience in a hotel ever. I was leaving my room and there was dog crap in the middle of my door, both my husband and I stepped on it. So disgusting!
I immediately went to the front asking for an explanation that never came, they promised that the manager would call me, but it never happen (I followed up twice, but looks like that the manager is never there).
In addition to that, I would like to mention that the hotel is very noise. In our first night we woke up at 4 a.m with the noises of the room above us making loud love, basically there is no walls. You can hear EVERYTHING.
If I can leave you one recommendation: I would't stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing our online survey. It takes one bad pet owner to ruin it for all the others that love and take good care to clean up after their pets. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for falling to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to assure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Been to Rodeway Inn Casino Center? Share your experiences!