“Dog crap in my room's door” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Casino Center

You added Rodeway Inn Casino Center to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4127 Pine Boulevard & Stateline, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #39 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Francisco, California
“Dog crap in my room's door”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had the worst experience in a hotel ever. I was leaving my room and there was dog crap in the middle of my door, both my husband and I stepped on it. So disgusting!
I immediately went to the front asking for an explanation that never came, they promised that the manager would call me, but it never happen (I followed up twice, but looks like that the manager is never there).
In addition to that, I would like to mention that the hotel is very noise. In our first night we woke up at 4 a.m with the noises of the room above us making loud love, basically there is no walls. You can hear EVERYTHING.
If I can leave you one recommendation: I would't stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Casino Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for completing our online survey. It takes one bad pet owner to ruin it for all the others that love and take good care to clean up after their pets. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for falling to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to assure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The overall appearance of this hotel and the rooms reminds me of a place where a low budget, newly separated/divorced man goes to live after being kicked out from his house. It was dirty, old, smelled old, small, there were stains on the comforter, and most of all and most disgusting of all, there was dried old blood spatter on the inside of the shower curtain. And mind you, these were the better rooms. The room we were assigned first was older and uglier than the one we asked to be moved to. There was no housekeeping or other staff available to bring towels or anything else to the room. Instead, I was told I'd have to cross the street and go into the office of the adjoining property to get my own towels in the 20 degree Tahoe weather. The wifi signal did not reach the rooms that were not directly near the office. I will NEVER stay there again, ever.

Room Tip: There are many hotels near there that are a lot nicer than this hotel and for only a little bit more...
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I don't ever write reviews, but feel compelled to write one for this hotel as it beat my expectations so much. For the price, I was not expecting a whole lot...something along the lines of a cheap Days Inn. However, I was pleasantly surprised. My g/f and I stayed 4 nights for a ski trip at Homewood Mtn (great mountain also btw). Upon arriving, we were given a king size room with a balcony overlooking the little gazebo area on the ground. Room is standard size, but was clean and the bed was surprisingly comfy. Yeah, it's not a new, updated hotel and it's got older looking carpeting, etc., but it suited our needs very well. The place even has a community kitchen with a stove, etc. if you want to cook food. The breakfast was great...fresh scrambled eggs and homefries and belgian waffles every morning. Can't beat that for a free breakfast. Hotel staff was friendly. Location is great. Within walking distance to Heavenly Village and Gondola and the major casinos. We would definitely stay here again. Can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Request a room across the road from the office as these ones all have balconies and interior entranc...
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here as part of a package though Heavenly... but I usually stay at the Rodeway Inn where ever I go. Clean hotel rooms and friendly staff. This Rodeway Inn looks nicer than the pictures online (not usual for hotels I know). The room was clean and came with a porch, fridge, tv, big room, free toothpaste, etc. All the usual amenities you would expect. Its walking distance to all the casinos, Heavenly, and the Starbucks. Full breakfast - oatmeal, fruit, juice, coffee, made to order waffles, scrambled eggs with meat, toast, bagels, etc. Elevators to the rooms (nice with ski gear), free parking, hot tub and pool, friendly front desk staff.

I love the Rodeway Inn for the free wifi at all locations, free breakfast, and free parking. Oh and make sure you sign up for their points program. Ill be back!

Dont expect a 4 star resort. This is a motel... but a darn good one.

Room Tip: Ask for extra towels during your winter trip since you will need to dry off or shower extra after sk...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I went on a short snowboarding trip with a buddy and stayed here and it was everything I could want and more for a $45/night hotel.
Pro's:
-inexpensive
-walking distance to casinos
-clean
-breakfast (better than I expected)
Con's:
-hot tub was not even close to hot enough

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Gros Morne National Park, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Cant believe anyone can say that this dive rates a 4 star on TA. The room is small with a king bed the bed blanket has rips and holes, the internet is a joke, the towel bar is falling off the wall,no card swipe to gain acess into the hallways so any riff raff can walk the hallways in the building across the street. The hot tub looks like a cess pool of germs, it hasnt been cleaned in months or years all the furniture has deep scratches, the walls have nicks and holes. We booked three nights and would leave after the first night but the hotel has a 48 hour cancellation policy so we are stuck. If your looking for a dive with a cheap rate you get what you pay for at this rodeway

Room Tip: simple tip book else where
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I used my Choice hotel points to stay for 2 nights. The checkin lady was very friendly and efficient. It was a busy weekend and the place was full. The room was across on the 2nd floor with a kingbed. Very comfortable and clean. Its located on a quite residential street so no noise and very quiet at night. The breakfast room is bigger than many other Rodeways with additional tables outside. Lots of hot stuff - scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, etc and despite being full with a lot of people, the staff did a good job of replanishing. Walking distance to the beach. The casinos are just a two minute drive. Overall a very nice place to stay. Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Casino Center? Share your experiences!