“Great Price & Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Price & Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a great time in Lake Tahoe and the staff at the hotel were great. We did not have a reservation and had checked several places before we decided to stay at the Quality Inn. We decided to stay because of the friendly staff and service they gave us when we asked about things to do. They told us about Emerald Bay and hiking. The breakfast was great and plenty of varity. We had the larger room with king bed. Everything was so clean and nice. We had a view of the mountains and it was great. Because of the staff and service, we decided to stay a second night. We enjoyed the cruise of the lake and hiking around Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rajandra, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Casino Area, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have just returned to the UK following our annual school ski trip. I was a a little worried about booking the quality inn but needn't have worried. On arrival we were met by Raj and his wife who, from the first minute to the last could not have done more for us. The rooms, although a tired and dated were perfectly clean and comfortable. The service we received was as requested in terms of breakfast, which well received from all 34 students and staff. The location of the Inn was perfect for us in that we were a 5 minute walk to a mini super market and small shopping area and a 10 minute walk. To central Heavenly where the Gondola is located.
I can't praise Raj enough for the quality of service- thank you Raj.
If we return to Heavenly we will definitely return to the Inn

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the staff do work very hard making the customer happy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We showed up late on a Saturday night and John at the front desk was awesome. He told us that he could've given us a better rate than Expedia did and told us about some great local food places to go eat. He also answered questions for us in the morning and the next night and the next morning. That guy was always there and very helpful.
The room was clean, tidy, a little small but perfect for the two of us. I didn't hear my neighbors and I slept through the night. The breakfast was good, perfect with a little more than the basics and the staff was friendly. Overall good experience and I'd go there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Rajandra, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Casino Area, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We want to Thank You or your visit to our hotel and your comments regarding your stay. John and the rest our team are here to be of service. It is great to hear that we are striving to improve our customer service. Try the king bedded rooms next time to you, it is much bigger and spacious room. Hope to see you soon and book directly with our hotel at (530) 541-5400.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Arrived in Tahoe for a Three day ski trip. Wanted to stay fairly economically. I shipped my skis and equipment in advance. Called to arrange and the front desk was extremely accommodating. I arrived late on Sunday evening. When I checked in I was told by John, the manager on duty, that my equipment had already been placed in my room and that he had already turned the heat in the room on. Nice touch. Since I was not there on the weekend the place was fairly empty. The next morning John was still on duty and attended to the breakfast area. Excellent job. He offered to prepare eggs, sausage and pancakes. Not gourmet grub but it certainly sufficed. Keep in mind that this is not a five star hotel. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I will return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your comments on how to improve our customer service and your hotel. We hope to see you again.
pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

A below average Q.Inn at best - if Quality Inn is so poorly maintained here, I wonder how the un-branded motels/hotels at this location are. To be fair, the Embassy Suites down the road was also downright the worst Embassy Suites I have stayed anywhere.. So maybe a theme here with hotels in S.Lake Tahoe.

First the good stuff -
(1) The reception and breakfast staff were cheerful, pleasant and efficient
(2) Lobby and breakfast/bar area were clean and pleasant
(3) Parking right in front of door of a ground floor room (in winter)
(4) Clean sheets and towels - in contrast to the rather poor room condition
(5) While not the best location (need a car atleast in winter) - is convenient to restaurants, the stateline casinos etc..

The bad stuff:
(1) Extremely dated rooms and bathrooms - very poor condition of carpet, stained bath walls, unpainted doors, non-working door locks, noisy heater. The room appeared to be cleaned by housekeeping alright - but the condition of the appliances and furnishings were so poor that they might as well have been dirty,

(2) Special mention - Grainy old CRT TV - consistent with the old and outdated theme with the hotel

The average stuff:
(1) Breakfast - is below a notch compared to other Quality Inns but reasonable fare neverthless - consisted of - prepackaged cinnamon roll, english muffin, bread, two cereals, oatmeal, fruits, yogurt, pre-cooked eggs, apple and orange juice, coffee.

(2) Room had a working hair dryer and coffee maker. Had a clothes iron and a surprisingly unstained iron board (did not check for working condition)

(3) Had a two-seater table and chairs; 3-small dresser draws;

(4) Front door was thankfully card-keyed - looked funny - a modern card-key reader on a flimsy plywood door - with some new inner dead-bolts and some old non-working ones.

(5) The bed was on the softer side for me - but may have been appropriate for others.

Room Tip: The Ground floor room was very convenient for entry/exit during Winter - though could hear others wa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rajandra, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Casino Area, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
i would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review...we are now changing and updating some off out rooms....
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The manager was patient as well as he was so nice to me when I left some important paperwork at the hotel. I called, desparate to check and see if my folder was left at the hotel. John took the time to track it down, make a copy, and fax the necessary sheets I needed right now. He has taken the time to make sure we get the entire folder Fedexed to me on Monday. John, thank you very much!

• Stayed February 2013
thank you for your review,,,and was happy that my staff could help you
Van Nuys, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on a holiday weekend. That being said, I had low expectations having been in the hospitality industry for years. I was pleasantly suprised. Clean room, The continental breakfast was great, and the hot tub was a welcome attribute after a day of snowboarding. The staff namely John was friendly and pleasant. Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
thank you for this resonse...i do feel now with the choice q corner breakfast we offer the best breakfast for customers,and a choice off hot and cold items...its a great start to the day...and john does have a lot of good information on the area...

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Casino Area? Share your experiences!