A below average Q.Inn at best - if Quality Inn is so poorly maintained here, I wonder how the un-branded motels/hotels at this location are. To be fair, the Embassy Suites down the road was also downright the worst Embassy Suites I have stayed anywhere.. So maybe a theme here with hotels in S.Lake Tahoe.
First the good stuff -
(1) The reception and breakfast staff were cheerful, pleasant and efficient
(2) Lobby and breakfast/bar area were clean and pleasant
(3) Parking right in front of door of a ground floor room (in winter)
(4) Clean sheets and towels - in contrast to the rather poor room condition
(5) While not the best location (need a car atleast in winter) - is convenient to restaurants, the stateline casinos etc..
The bad stuff:
(1) Extremely dated rooms and bathrooms - very poor condition of carpet, stained bath walls, unpainted doors, non-working door locks, noisy heater. The room appeared to be cleaned by housekeeping alright - but the condition of the appliances and furnishings were so poor that they might as well have been dirty,
(2) Special mention - Grainy old CRT TV - consistent with the old and outdated theme with the hotel
The average stuff:
(1) Breakfast - is below a notch compared to other Quality Inns but reasonable fare neverthless - consisted of - prepackaged cinnamon roll, english muffin, bread, two cereals, oatmeal, fruits, yogurt, pre-cooked eggs, apple and orange juice, coffee.
(2) Room had a working hair dryer and coffee maker. Had a clothes iron and a surprisingly unstained iron board (did not check for working condition)
(3) Had a two-seater table and chairs; 3-small dresser draws;
(4) Front door was thankfully card-keyed - looked funny - a modern card-key reader on a flimsy plywood door - with some new inner dead-bolts and some old non-working ones.
(5) The bed was on the softer side for me - but may have been appropriate for others.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Choice Hotels and Agoda so you can book your Econo Lodge Heavenly Village Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Casino Area Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Quality Inn And Suites Casino Area
- Quality Inn Area
- Quality Inn Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Quality Inn