“No complaints” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
San Francisco, California
“No complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I must say, the hotel room is very clean. The price is reasonably given the location of the hotel. It's a three star hotel but I can tell you, the room is cleaner than places like Harrah's or Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, formerly Embassy Suites. For me, the bathroom cleanliness says a lot about the hotel and Holiday Inn takes the cake. It's kinda like how people will judge you just by looking at your shoes regardless if you have a nice suit on.

I would avoid overrated and overpriced places like Harrah's, Harvey's or Marriott because you are not getting what you paid for. Another plus is the free breakfast. Can't complain given the fact that breakfast at local eatery will cost about $20 for a family of four. My only pet peeve is with other patrons during breakfast. I mean, for crying out loud, if you are finished get up and leave so that other patrons can sit down and enjoy their meal. I don't mind them sitting down for prolonged period if the breakfast area is light on traffic. I've seen several families just sat there after finishing their meals while 10 or more people struggling to get their meal and finding a seat. Show some courtesy for crying out loud.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
T H

I'm happy to hear that you enojyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe.I am proud to say that our housekeeping staff does an amazing job of maintaining our rooms. I completely agree about a clean restroom, it is a must. I do appologize about the inconvenience in the breakfast area, since it is a self serve area people tend to loose track of time especially during the more popular seasons. Thank you very much for choosing us and i hope you will keep us in mind for your next trip to Lake Tahoe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Rye, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This HIE is set back from the busy road so the rooms are quiet but guests can still walk to restaurants and stores. We received extensive help from the from the desk with ideas for restaurants and attractions we wouldn't have thought of such as a trip to Virginia City. The rooms are well designed and nicely decorated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
jj435Rye

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe. Our staff is very knowledgable and are always happy to help with meal suggestions and activities. Thank you for choosing us and hope you'll keep us in mind for your next trip to Lake Tahoe.
Rye, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was a uniquely designed Holiday Inn Express in that it fit architecturally into its surroundings. That aside, the room was spacious and spotless. Breakfast was very good; wi-fi was excellent. The hotel was located a short walk from the Stateline casinos, and there were many good restaurant choices. Front desk staff were very helpful with restaurant and touring suggestions. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
bjohn435

Thank you very much for your lovely comments! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe. We are very proud that we differ from most other HIEXs and that we can really adapt to the lovely mountain scenery, it just adds to the experience! Thank you again, and i hope you'll come join us again soon!
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have to say, we were worried about staying here, because it seemed so cheap. I had read reviews,( still which were very good) but I was still a bit dubious!
However, it was soooooo lovely, we had a great time, the rooms were spotless, fantastic clean white warm bed linen, breakfast was delicious! There was a Jacuzzi and steam room, which was fantastic after being on the ski slopes. Honestly, we loved it.
We were a family of 2 adults and2 children, we had plenty of room. Highly recommended!!!
BTW, its location is perfect, right at the bottom of the ski slopes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
coccs

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe. We do try and provide the best guest experience possible at a reasonable rate and i am glad that we could provide you with nothing less. We want our guests to be able to enjoy their vacations! Our location does help during the ski season since we are a quick walk, and in ski boots it makes all the difference. Now that the weather is warming up i hope you'll come and join us for some summer fun!
China Grove, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed her for one night passing through Lake Tahoe...This place was ok, however, I normally expect more from a HI Express. I have no complaints. The rooms open to the exterior, which I do not like. The room was clean. My husband and I opted to have breakfast at a local restaurant so I cannot comment on the food. The room was clean . The location was good. I felt the price could have been better, but I did not compare it to other places nearby... I would suggest checking the price at the Stateline casinos , which are a quarter mile from here. It's not a bad place but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
BRONCOFAN82

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here with us at the HIEX in South Lake Tahoe. We always appreciate any feedback given that will help us provide a better guest experience. The casinos in the area will often have rates that vary upon occupancy, and can be higher or lower. If you have any questions or concerns i welcome a personal conversation, and appologize that we could not exceed your expectations during your stay.
clovis, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Weve always had great experiences at Holiday Inn Express hotels. The rooms are clean, tastefully decorated and the service has always been excellent. This location was awesome again. Bernardo at the front desk was extremely kind, professional and genuinely smiled with us at both the check in and checkout. He was helpful in getting us a cab to our friends wedding. The cab service from Sunshine Cab was also excellent. They were prompt and got us to our destinations quickly. Drivers were very pleasant and arrived as promised or sooner. This was a short turnaround weekend so all of our experiences with hotel and cab company was great. The Applebees restaurant next door was really nice also. I wish our local Applebees hasd such great service, food and courtesy. Everywhere we went we got great service. Great weekend

Room Tip: Prepay for a really great rate
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
golfercouple

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe. We are very prouid of our lovely staff and i am glad that we could provide you with an amazing guest experience. I hope youll come and join us again soon for some relaxation and lovely summer weather!
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've stayed here a couple times now , both in the winter , and each time has been great ! The rooms are clean , the breakfast is always fresh and inviting and the hotel is nicely located to all the major attractions in S Lake Tahoe . The staff have always been friendly and accommodating !I highly recommend !

Room Tip: I like the bottom floor rooms next to the pool , not too far from main road and close to office fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
pizzalover270

thank you very much for your lovely comments. We are proud of our lovely staff and try to provide the best guest experience possible. I'm very happy to hear that youve enjoyed both of your stays with us and hope youll come and enjoy some lovely summer weather!

Been to Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!