“Great Accommodations and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Rye, NY
“Great Accommodations and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This HIE is set back from the busy road so the rooms are quiet but guests can still walk to restaurants and stores. We received extensive help from the from the desk with ideas for restaurants and attractions we wouldn't have thought of such as a trip to Virginia City. The rooms are well designed and nicely decorated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
jj435Rye

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe. Our staff is very knowledgable and are always happy to help with meal suggestions and activities. Thank you for choosing us and hope you'll keep us in mind for your next trip to Lake Tahoe.

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rye, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was a uniquely designed Holiday Inn Express in that it fit architecturally into its surroundings. That aside, the room was spacious and spotless. Breakfast was very good; wi-fi was excellent. The hotel was located a short walk from the Stateline casinos, and there were many good restaurant choices. Front desk staff were very helpful with restaurant and touring suggestions. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
bjohn435

Thank you very much for your lovely comments! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe. We are very proud that we differ from most other HIEXs and that we can really adapt to the lovely mountain scenery, it just adds to the experience! Thank you again, and i hope you'll come join us again soon!
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have to say, we were worried about staying here, because it seemed so cheap. I had read reviews,( still which were very good) but I was still a bit dubious!
However, it was soooooo lovely, we had a great time, the rooms were spotless, fantastic clean white warm bed linen, breakfast was delicious! There was a Jacuzzi and steam room, which was fantastic after being on the ski slopes. Honestly, we loved it.
We were a family of 2 adults and2 children, we had plenty of room. Highly recommended!!!
BTW, its location is perfect, right at the bottom of the ski slopes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
coccs

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe. We do try and provide the best guest experience possible at a reasonable rate and i am glad that we could provide you with nothing less. We want our guests to be able to enjoy their vacations! Our location does help during the ski season since we are a quick walk, and in ski boots it makes all the difference. Now that the weather is warming up i hope you'll come and join us for some summer fun!
China Grove, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed her for one night passing through Lake Tahoe...This place was ok, however, I normally expect more from a HI Express. I have no complaints. The rooms open to the exterior, which I do not like. The room was clean. My husband and I opted to have breakfast at a local restaurant so I cannot comment on the food. The room was clean . The location was good. I felt the price could have been better, but I did not compare it to other places nearby... I would suggest checking the price at the Stateline casinos , which are a quarter mile from here. It's not a bad place but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
BRONCOFAN82

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here with us at the HIEX in South Lake Tahoe. We always appreciate any feedback given that will help us provide a better guest experience. The casinos in the area will often have rates that vary upon occupancy, and can be higher or lower. If you have any questions or concerns i welcome a personal conversation, and appologize that we could not exceed your expectations during your stay.
clovis, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Weve always had great experiences at Holiday Inn Express hotels. The rooms are clean, tastefully decorated and the service has always been excellent. This location was awesome again. Bernardo at the front desk was extremely kind, professional and genuinely smiled with us at both the check in and checkout. He was helpful in getting us a cab to our friends wedding. The cab service from Sunshine Cab was also excellent. They were prompt and got us to our destinations quickly. Drivers were very pleasant and arrived as promised or sooner. This was a short turnaround weekend so all of our experiences with hotel and cab company was great. The Applebees restaurant next door was really nice also. I wish our local Applebees hasd such great service, food and courtesy. Everywhere we went we got great service. Great weekend

Room Tip: Prepay for a really great rate
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
golfercouple

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe. We are very prouid of our lovely staff and i am glad that we could provide you with an amazing guest experience. I hope youll come and join us again soon for some relaxation and lovely summer weather!
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've stayed here a couple times now , both in the winter , and each time has been great ! The rooms are clean , the breakfast is always fresh and inviting and the hotel is nicely located to all the major attractions in S Lake Tahoe . The staff have always been friendly and accommodating !I highly recommend !

Room Tip: I like the bottom floor rooms next to the pool , not too far from main road and close to office fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
pizzalover270

thank you very much for your lovely comments. We are proud of our lovely staff and try to provide the best guest experience possible. I'm very happy to hear that youve enjoyed both of your stays with us and hope youll come and enjoy some lovely summer weather!
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night only as I was traveling through the area on a cross-country trip. The rooms were pretty standard and the mattress a bit too soft for my liking, but everything was sooooo clean! I thought the hotel was brand new and was shocked to find out it was 17 years old. 2 big thumbs up to their maintenance and cleaning personnel! The receptionist was very nice as well. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Hotel S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
keith c

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in South Lake Tahoe. We are very proud of our lovely staff and do our best to keep our facilities up to date. Hopefully next time Lake Tahoe will be a destination and that you'll come and see us again!
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!