“Exceeded My Expectations - Pristine, Wild and Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

+1 530-542-1080
Website
Update attraction details
Houston, Texas
“Exceeded My Expectations - Pristine, Wild and Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were picked up promptly by our guide at 6:00am. We traveled in a small, comfortable mini bus. There were 24 people on board. Our guide "John Walker" stressed that we must keep hydrated and encouraged us to refill our water bottles with the fresh, cold water he provided. He set out a healthy breakfast of fruit, various breads and rolls and juice and peanut butter and cream cheese, which we ate by the side of the road. He talked throughout the trip about where we were going, the most prominent features and the history of the park. He educated us so we would appreciate these sites when we came upon them.
We got out of the bus and took photos frequently at some of the major scenic areas. I have been to many national parks and Yosemite is different than any other I have seen because of the massive boulders littered all about. There is breathtaking scenery, high snow covered mountains and steep drop- offs to the valley down below. We saw El Capitan with climbers more than half way up that were so high up they were almost invisible to the naked eye. He told us stories about Half Dome and how many climbers had died trying to climb it or were killed by lightening once on top. We saw several waterfalls. The flowers were just staring to come out because of the long winter and the deep snow.
We had a sort of gourmet lunch, including adult beverages, at a picnic area which he personally brought for us. There was no shortage of bathrooms along the way
At the end of the day and just outside the park, we stopped at Whoa Nellie Deli. They serve some delicious food, and we ate dinner there on the outdoor patio. Then John showed us a movie about Yosemite on the way home.
There was an optional hike during the trip to see a grove of young Sequoia trees (about 100 years old, I think he said.) This involved a hike about 2 miles round trip, half of which was a steep grade, although paved. I decided to go on it because I didn't want to miss anything. I am 77 years old and I had a hard time on the steep parts because I am not used to climbing, but I made it on time. As for the trees, I have seen a lot of them in my life and these, being young, were not that impressive, and I could have done without this part of the trip. If you choose not to do this, I don't think you will be missing that much. But we saw other people, some even pushing strollers, that were doing it. We got back to our hotel after 8:00pm.
We got back to our hotel after 8:00p.m.
I think our trip was greatly enhanced by the young man who was our guide. He was concerned about our safety, kept us all on schedule so that we would not miss anything, and gave us a greater appreciation of this wonderful place and stressed the need to keep it pure. He even picked up cigarette butts at each stop. I am not a tree hugger by any means, but I am more concious of the environment than I was before. That was through hearing him talk and seeing his example,
Great trip. In some ways it was almost spiritual.

Houston
6 attraction reviews
“A Little Taste of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was a once in a life time tour. Walker, our guide, bus driver, chef, teacher of all things in nature was absolutely fantastic. I am definitely not a tour bus kind of person but after seeing a program on TV about Yosemite I had to experience it. The tour was on a small 23 passenger bus making the 3 hour one way trip very personable and unique. The scenery was breathtaking and the lessons learned about respecting Mother Nature were life changing. The food Walker served, both breakfast and lunch were superb. I never knew a sandwich could taste so good. My heart and soul cup runneth over after this incredible experience. I highly recommend this particular tour to everyone - I promise you will not be disappointed!

South Lake Tahoe, California
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This trip was perfect for anyone who has never been to Yosemite before. The tour guide was super knowledgeable and made sure we got to see a little bit of everything. We also got to walk around a bunch so it didn't feel like we were in the bus all day. The food supplied, and food places we stopped were awesome as well. Beautiful place, perfect day tour.

Boston
“Breathtaking experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This tour exceeded my every expectation. The sights in Yosemite were spectacular: the grove of sequoias, the waterfalls, valleys, mountains, and the views of Yosemite Valley were indescribable. Our family of ten, which included four grandaughters ranging in age from 6 to 15, rode in a comfortable smaller bus, driven by our tour guide and naturalist named Waker, and were treated to a nice breakfast break, and a wonderful lunch (not your ordinary box lunch which we expected), served at a picnic spot along the Merced River. We learned so much from Guide Walker, his knowledge of the area, as well as his passion and respect for nature. This trip was the highlight of our family vacation to Lake Tahoe!