They get poor because the great views and clean rooms bring it up a notch, but:
The good reviews must have been written by women or eunuchs. The toilet is so ridiculously tiny and that a man cannot easily use it. You have to hold your package up. Even my small, thin wife thought it was a bit awkward. I can't believe they even make toilets this small. I hadn't even seen one like this until last year at the casino in Susanville--I'm pretty sure it is the same model. It is worse than the typical small round toilet because the front actually is straight across, coming in a couple inches more than it would on a round bowl. The health code shouldn't allow these to be installed--body parts shouldn't be dangling in toilet water or touching inside the front rim. The desk clerk said they had a lot of other complaints, but the owner didn't see fit to put a normal toilet in there. Sorry to go on so long on this issue, but it is really hard to understand why they would use these toilets. I'm sure they lose repeat business and they could replace the toilet for the cost of one night's room rental.
They also allow smoking on the balconies so you might have to close your glass door and stay inside in the stifling heat if your neighbors light up. They said they are soon going to stop allowing smoking on the balconies so that will be an improvement.
We liked the décor but the log furniture may not appeal to some. The floor lamp falls over on you if you move the table that was apparently placed to hold it up. The mattress was way past it's prime, but not bad, just poor. Most of the room was in good shape but the kitchen window and blind were broken and very difficult to use, and the window was very loud to open or close. Cushions on the balcony chairs were worn out and the chairs were uncomfortable. It is surprisingly close to the highway so you will get some noise, but it wasn't real bad. Had idiots honking their horns in the parking lot but can't blame that on the hotel. The elevator, hallways, and other areas outside the room are mostly in bad shape. Yellow caution tape blocked the stairway door nearest us--I guess we had no fire exit. Took a long time to check in even though two people were helping the only person in front of us when we walked in. Took a long time to find a desk clerk the next day to ask questions.
Since it was among the cleanest places we've ever stayed, and the view was awesome, we might consider staying there again if we get a very discounted rate. We would have felt ripped-off at the regular rate. They have a lot of renovations yet to do to make it an average or good hotel. Adding "Spa" to the name implies something much better than what you get. Because of the ridiculous tiny toilet, we are still going to be staying other places at Tahoe to look for someplace better.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Lakeshore Hotel
- Tahoe Lakeshore Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Lake Tahoe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge & Spa, South Shore’s only all lakefront property, offering hotel and condominium lodging all with an incredible lake view and cozy fireplace. Pamper yourself in our full service day spa or relax by our heated pool and hot tub. Centrally located to area activities, restaurants, casinos and sitting on 500 feet of private beach, you’ll receive a true Tahoe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.