I was searching for a place for my wife and I to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I researched lots of places and happened upon this little gem. They have standard rooms, condos, and one romantic condo. I read about the amenities, saw that they were offering a mid-week special, and went for the romantic condo.
The romantic condo was nice. It was dated, but hey, it had mirrors everywhere, a hot tub in the living room, a fireplace next to the hot tub, a fully equipped kitchen, and an outside patio that was right on the beach! My wife got up each morning and sat in the living room, looking out at the view of the lake and surrounding mountains.
The only drawbacks to the condo are that you could hear people walking in the condo above and wood for the fireplace was not provided. Wood was available for sale at the front desk but we just went to a store to get some. You also have to go to the front desk to request matches.
As for the service itself, I spoke with two different staff members by phone before arriving. I asked where I could get gift baskets, asked for romantic restaurant recommendations, and asked if they could deliver flowers to the room provided I had the flowers delivered to the lobby. They were very personable, and extremely helpful in planning the finer details of this trip! They were also kind enough to allow us to check out a little later than usual.
As other reviewers have pointed out, the place is not easy to find. It's tucked behind a busy street and there are lots of potholes on the way in. In addition, breakfast is included but it's not much. There's coffee and hot chocolate, apple juice, some standard muffins, and fruit. After the first day, we decided to eat breakfast elsewhere.
I definitely plan to come back to this location; a very enjoyable experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge & Spa, South Shore’s only all lakefront property, offering hotel and condominium lodging all with an incredible lake view and cozy fireplace. Pamper yourself in our full service day spa or relax by our heated pool and hot tub. Centrally located to area activities, restaurants, casinos and sitting on 500 feet of private beach, you’ll receive a true Tahoe experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelClick, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tahoe Lakeshore Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahoe Lakeshore Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Lakeshore Lake Tahoe