Save Saved
Days Inn Lake Tahoe Ski Resort / Golf Area
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3530 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #47 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Napa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My first mistake was booking a room through Hotels Tonight. They weren't clear about the fact that rooms are booked as "run of house," which means they will give you a smoking room unless you upgrade. I have allergies and asthma which have landed me in urgent care earlier in the year. To get here and find out I had to pay an "upgrade" fee to get a non-smoking room was unexpected. But it was a suite, so must be nice?
NO. I walked in and it smelled like smoke. I thought I was imagining things, but when I pulled the bed cover back it had two burn marks from what seemed to be cigarette ash [I've been in homes of people who smoke]. Later when I woke up from a nap (under the regular sheets) I started noticing spots on my skin. I got rashes, and lucky me I forgot my allergy pills. I went into the bathroom and it took three tries to get the light to switch on. After taking a shower to calm the itching, I tried opening the bathroom door and it was stuck. I was stuck in the bathroom for almost two minutes because I was scared of pulling the door too hard and being blamed for damage!
We checked out the following day when we found a hotel that for $20 more even had a mini fridge. We weren't looking for luxury or comfort, but what we got at Days Inn did not even meet basic room/cleanliness standards.

Room Tip: "Suite" upgrade is not worth the money. Make sure you don't book through 3rd party, or...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Altos
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Four days before my trip to Lake Tahoe, I decided to stay at a hotel instead of a cabin with my friends. I chose Days Inn because of my previous experiences, but I did not have a pleasant experience this time. Four days before my arrival, I called to request a quote and the staff was not friendly or helpful. Instead, I felt as if I was talking to a total stranger that didn't want to attract business. First, they told me that they did not have any rooms available with two queen beds, even after I explained that I had checked some deals on the official page that offered what I was looking for. Then, the attendant told me a ridiculously high price for a king bedroom relative for what I found online, this price was almost double. Even on top of this experience prior to my arrival, I decided to book online after the front desk guy threw the phone on me without any explanation or customer service standard. Upon my arrival, the front desk dude was rude and not very cooperative when I asked for alternative options after I put forward my noise complaints. The room was decently cleaned, the value of the hotel was definitely overpriced, and the beds were not very comfortable given my back pain the next morning. I was also charged an extra fee for having a third guest for a two queen beds room, even when I had stated during my reservation that a third person would be joining the room. Overall, the service was 1 out of 10 and I would not recommend staying at this particular hotel in Lake Tahoe. I am certainly not staying here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Winchester, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an older unit but well maintained. The breakfast was modest, however, the owner was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Willard, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The room appeared clean but the floors were not vacuumed, and the shower didn't work properly. The beds seemed worn out and lumpy. We booked our second night somewhere else and paid a little more for a huge upgrade.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We did a road trip and by chance ended up in Lake Tahoe for July 4. It was close to the beach and we had an awesome view of the fireworks from where we posted (not at he hotel). We tried to book a hotel in advance, but after a bait and switch with air b&b, we had to book last minute on Expedia. This was one of only 2 hotels left, and this one was more reasonable. The hotel felt cheap, the bed and pillows were not very comfortable. I can say the place was clean, though minor damage was noted on the furniture. The shower was warm, but water leaked everywhere! There was no microwave or mini fridge. I head a group of young men trying to pay for the room. The one with the reservation had his wallet stolen and had no ID to confirm his identity. His friend offered to pay, but they almost didn't let him and wanted to charge the "max fee" which was around $500 a night. They let him keep his reservation in the end, but charged $10 for an extra person. The wii fii was free, but unusable!!! I would never stay here again, if at all possible

Room Tip: Close to El Dorado Beach
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Lake Tahoe Ski Resort / Golf Area? Share your experiences!