“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Paris, France
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spent only one night but it was wonderful ! First of all, it's really value for money and it's very well located. I had a double room which was very large and so comfortable. I spent one of the best nights during my trip in USA in this hotel !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tiverton, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed here for a week. The room sleeps four with a queen and couch bed. Do not plan on cooking at this timeshare resort..micro fridge only. Parking is valet only but free. Restaurant on location was ok. Staff very nice and gave great ideas as well as inexpensive ideas locals would only know about.

• Stayed April 2014
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed her for spring break and got really lucky with fresh snow! We are owners of the timeshare Monarch Grand Vacations, now Diamond International. We had a one bedroom unit with a pull out bed. The room layout is very interesting. Something I've never seen. It has the bathroom right in the middle of the room separating the "living room" from the bedroom/mini kitchen. Its really trippy at first but not bad once you get used to it. The shower has a huge jacuzzi tub and it's open on three sides. It has a curtain that closes on the side that's open to the sink area and that's the area you walk through. Then it has bi-fold shutters that open to the living room area and the bedroom area. In fact the dinner table has a bench seat that backs up to the shower/jacuzzi. Hard to describe. Anyway enough about the weirdness of it. The room was nice and clean and we had a great balcony/deck on the 6th floor with a view it was fun when it was snowing we could go right out on the deck. But please note THERE IS NOT A KITCHEN. There is a mini kitchenette. It has a microwave, a mini coffee maker ( bring filters if you bring your own coffee) and a wet bar size sink. We bought a single electric burner so we could cook in our room.

The front desk staff was a little cold and uninviting when we checked in but everyone definitely warmed up. Dany the concierge was great and so helpful. Ashley the manager of the ski/board shop was awesome! I was excited to find out that they rented equipment right there at the resort! I only needed boots so it was super convenient! She even helped out my daughter with some great advice and suggestions to help her improve her snowboarding.

They only have valet parking but they say its complimentary. Still I feel like I should tip them because they are providing a service... But its a service I didn't request. We are traveling on a tight budget. Same thing with ski/board check. You cannot leave them on the top of your car, you must bring them in and check them every day. So I feel like I should tip that guy too. He's very nice and helpful as well. I'm sure I'll tip at the end of the week (were still here). But it all adds up.

We did not ski at Heavenly Valley even though it's the right there we could easily walk to it. The lift tickets were $112 this week which is just ridiculous! We skied at Sierra at Tahoe Resort & I highly recommend it as everyone else around here. All the locals love it as their favorite resort! We bought tickets for Sierra on Liftopia.com for $54 one day and $59 on another day! Way better!

What else? Enough outlets for all of the electronics for a family of 4. Pool and jacuzzi outside. But we forgot suits. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bonsall, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed in a 1 bedroom. Plenty of room for my wife and me. Would be a little cramped for more than two. Yes, as others have noted, the room layout is a little strange, but soaking in the in room jacuzzi watching the snow fall down and settle on the pines was most relaxing. Everything was clean and in good repair. The location across the street from the Heavenly Tram was great for skiing or boarding. Nice quiet location only a few minutes from the casinos. Rooms have a microwave and refrigerator but bring your own cutlery and paper plates as none are provided.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect - directly across the road from Heavenly! The staff seemed seem as though they need a bit more training, they did not really feel like hotel staff. The cafe was well-priced and served great food, perfect before a day snowboarding.

The rooms were large and I loved the spa and fireplace. I did not mind having the bathroom in the middle but I can see how to step ups can be a tripping hazard - they do put lights on it but my boyfriend still hit his toe on the step after two days.

I asked the staff to settle my bill early as I had a very early flight and would be leaving at 3am. The man at the desk did not know how to do this and had to get another woman to help him. He then settles the bill without including the last night, I picked this up and told him I was to settle the ENTIRE bill and he had to then bring another person over to do it. Then when I was leaving and handed my keys over the lady said I still had to pay for the last night - which I had already done. I had to dig through my bag and find the reciept which defeated the purpose of what took me ages to get done the day before.

The hotel was pricey but this is the usual for anywhere near the snow.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here for some concerts at Harvey's. The location is great and didn't have any problems. The breakfast was ok. The rooms were clean and spacious. I did not stay here in the Winter but it looked like it had close access to the ski lifts.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Perthshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Good points....friendly staff, spotlessly clean, great location.
Bad points.....feels old, no cutlery or real coffee cups, bath/sink soap is in a dispenser!!!

Very quiet when we stayed, unusual quirky layout to room, amazing deep spa bath, very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Don't ask for lake view......this hotel doesn't have one!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tahoe Seasons Resort? Share your experiences!