“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reno, Nevada
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Totally recommend this hotel. The place is huge, with 2 bedrooms and a loft on the 3rd floor. It had all the dishes and cookware we needed. The rooms were clean and the service was great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Clemente, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed in a one-bedroom with loft townhouse at the end of July 2013. Based on reviews, I was a little worried about the quality of accommodations, but our unit was nicely furnished and well appointed. The loft was spacious and had a double bed and a large sofa. The kitchen had granite counter tops and all of the basic appliances which we needed (coffee maker, blender, toaster, dish washer, etc.). Everything was clean and nicely maintained. Maid service came daily, except when we posted a "do not disturb" sign. They provided clean towels daily, and at the beach, they provided clean beach towels daily.
Our seven year old used the kids club, and there was generally a ratio of only three kids per counselor. The counselors were clearly loving people who liked what they did.
One negative was the layout of our unit. Both bathrooms were on the ground floor, with a living room-kitchen on the second floor and the loft bedroom on the third floor. That meant that if someone sleeping in the loft needed to use the bathroom, he had to walk down the narrow spiral staircase from the loft, and then another flight of stairs to the bathroom. Another complaint was the HVAC. We had little heat, making the loft fairly cold in the morning, despite the fact we visited at the end of July. There was no AC.
Overall, I would say that accommodations were slightly better than a typical 3 star hotel in the US, and the location (nice beach frontage) and the price ($269 plus tax with AAA discount) made this a nice buy. We would stay there again if we went to South Lake Tahoe in the summer.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the lake!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay in the 2 bed apartment. The accommodation was clean and comfortable though the Kitchen and bathrooms were both showing signs of age (nevertheless perfectly functional).
We stayed for 4 nights and found the location to be good with a reasonable selection of restaurants on the doorstep.
The resort has a private beach which was truly splendid and quiet during our stay. Plenty of seats and loungers with room for all.
Would stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is our 5th trip to Lakeland Village and once again we had a wonderful time. We rented a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath with loft. It was absolutely beautiful. New kitchen, new baths, the bedrooms were fresh feeling and the carpet was brand new. The location of Lakeland Village can't be beat! You're within 1 mile of the casinos, shopping and right on a beautiful beach. The setting is absolutely beautiful. The grounds are kept up very nicely and with all of the trees nestled between the units, it makes for a very relaxing vacation. We used the shuttle almost everyday, what a great service. In between hikes, bike rides, shopping and whatnot, we spent a good amount of time at the beach. We love the fact that Lakeland provides beach towels and beach chairs. We ate out a few times, but for the most part we cooked everyday. Our kitchen had every utensil, appliance needed. We used their BBQ's located at the beach, but thought it would be nice if they had a few more. We loved the fish and chips from MacDuff's and the ribs from the Tahoe Brewery. One family member has a gluten allergy and we found the best restaurant, Freshies, they have a huge GF menu. All within walking distance. We've already booked our trip for summer 2014. I'm sure we'll be back a few times before July of next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit that's been updated and away from the parking lots. Our unit was in the K group...
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Talk about the simply worse travel experience of my life! Filthy room on a holiday weekend with no where else to go! Literally stuck in a dirty, dingy room with stained sheets and floors so gross, 10 minutes barefoot left all our feet black. Cob webs in every corner and missing screens on many windows if you could even get them open to begin with. There was zero parking on site yet cars that had no permits were left there meanwhile my husband had to park off property, blocks away and walk! I talked to management and although apologetic and making the best effort in their power, my 40% discount still did not justify our misery. Did I mention this was the weekend I chose to get married and spend at this lakeside retreat? They have the most deceiving web site when it comes to the quality of their rooms. I'm not even going to go into detail about the entire experience because it would take me over an hour to talk about every miserable aspect of this experience.

I decided since the manager was so sincere and seemed to be making his best effort, I would write a private letter to the GM. What a mistake! He gives me the most insincere apology known to man and offers me a free night. You think I care to get a free night in such a poorly run place? By the way they are currently running a promo for a free night with purchase of two more. So what is a free night to this guy? I told him from a sincere place how unhappy I was and he slaps what he thinks is a band aid on it. I wrote him back telling him packing up my family and driving two and a half hours is not worth our time for one night. I never heard back. SHOCKER!

So in the end, save your money! If your going to pay $800 for two nights in Tahoe, go somewhere else! Your just throwing your money and worse, your time away with this place

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an updated room and be careful on busy holidays, you may end up very unhappy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JerryBindel, General Manager at Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting and as I previously mentioned to you as a response to your email, please again accept my sincere apology for your disappointment with you experience. This again is certainly is not the high quality service for which we are known as seen by the many other TripAdvisor postings. We have also already immediately reviewed this unit for any necessary upgrades and will be making any needed improvements to this unit to maintain the quality standards we set for all our units. I am also sorry that my offer of a free night in addition to your stay discount was not acceptable to you, but I encourage you to contact me directly again at jerry.bindel@astonhotels or on my direct line at 800-822-5969, extension 703, if you would like to stay with us again. I would like to show you that your next experience will be to the high quality levels on which we pride ourselves.
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived just in time to see the sunset. The marketing person and I exchanged brief cute exchanges via Facebook about my excitement for the trip. As I was watching the sun go down on the lake and my husband was checking in, she inquired about our whereabouts on Facebook. Talk about personalized service!! I was touched that she remembered and reached out to us. We had a lovely room in the lodge part that was surrounded by trees and a grassy flower garden. All the dealings we had with the staff were helpful, friendly and they tried to go above and beyond to help us learn to paddle board and enhance our stay. Our room had updated decor and a flat screen TV. The beach was clean and well appointed with beautiful gas fire pits to gather around in the evening time and roast 'smores down by the lake. The pools looked gorgeous, but we prefer to be out on the lake. There were new comfortable chairs and beach towels available both on the beach and up at the front pool. We needed items in our room and they were bought quickly and by a friendly staff member. Finally, I have been looking for a new place to stay since the two hotels I stayed as a child and young adult have turned time-share and are very impersonal. I feel I have found it and we are planning on returning again at Christmas time!! Thanks for everything we had a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love this place. resort is right on the beach. clean.2 pools and spas.its like condo living with all the amenities of a hotel. the beach is beautiful! and they even have a free shuttle that will take you to the casino's,shops, or whatever.you just call when ever your ready to leave. don't bother bringing beach towels or beach chairs. they supply that too.

Room Tip: ask for ocean front.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!