We stayed in a one-bedroom with loft townhouse at the end of July 2013. Based on reviews, I was a little worried about the quality of accommodations, but our unit was nicely furnished and well appointed. The loft was spacious and had a double bed and a large sofa. The kitchen had granite counter tops and all of the basic appliances which we needed (coffee maker, blender, toaster, dish washer, etc.). Everything was clean and nicely maintained. Maid service came daily, except when we posted a "do not disturb" sign. They provided clean towels daily, and at the beach, they provided clean beach towels daily.
Our seven year old used the kids club, and there was generally a ratio of only three kids per counselor. The counselors were clearly loving people who liked what they did.
One negative was the layout of our unit. Both bathrooms were on the ground floor, with a living room-kitchen on the second floor and the loft bedroom on the third floor. That meant that if someone sleeping in the loft needed to use the bathroom, he had to walk down the narrow spiral staircase from the loft, and then another flight of stairs to the bathroom. Another complaint was the HVAC. We had little heat, making the loft fairly cold in the morning, despite the fact we visited at the end of July. There was no AC.
Overall, I would say that accommodations were slightly better than a typical 3 star hotel in the US, and the location (nice beach frontage) and the price ($269 plus tax with AAA discount) made this a nice buy. We would stay there again if we went to South Lake Tahoe in the summer.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Resort
- Lakeland Village
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Hotel
- Lakeland Village Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach&Mountain Resort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.