“Comfortable family accommodation alongside stunning lake” 4 of 5 stars

Expedia.com Booking.com
Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3535 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable family accommodation alongside stunning lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay in the 2 bed apartment. The accommodation was clean and comfortable though the Kitchen and bathrooms were both showing signs of age (nevertheless perfectly functional).
We stayed for 4 nights and found the location to be good with a reasonable selection of restaurants on the doorstep.
The resort has a private beach which was truly splendid and quiet during our stay. Plenty of seats and loungers with room for all.
Would stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is our 5th trip to Lakeland Village and once again we had a wonderful time. We rented a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath with loft. It was absolutely beautiful. New kitchen, new baths, the bedrooms were fresh feeling and the carpet was brand new. The location of Lakeland Village can't be beat! You're within 1 mile of the casinos, shopping and right on a beautiful beach. The setting is absolutely beautiful. The grounds are kept up very nicely and with all of the trees nestled between the units, it makes for a very relaxing vacation. We used the shuttle almost everyday, what a great service. In between hikes, bike rides, shopping and whatnot, we spent a good amount of time at the beach. We love the fact that Lakeland provides beach towels and beach chairs. We ate out a few times, but for the most part we cooked everyday. Our kitchen had every utensil, appliance needed. We used their BBQ's located at the beach, but thought it would be nice if they had a few more. We loved the fish and chips from MacDuff's and the ribs from the Tahoe Brewery. One family member has a gluten allergy and we found the best restaurant, Freshies, they have a huge GF menu. All within walking distance. We've already booked our trip for summer 2014. I'm sure we'll be back a few times before July of next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit that's been updated and away from the parking lots. Our unit was in the K group...
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Talk about the simply worse travel experience of my life! Filthy room on a holiday weekend with no where else to go! Literally stuck in a dirty, dingy room with stained sheets and floors so gross, 10 minutes barefoot left all our feet black. Cob webs in every corner and missing screens on many windows if you could even get them open to begin with. There was zero parking on site yet cars that had no permits were left there meanwhile my husband had to park off property, blocks away and walk! I talked to management and although apologetic and making the best effort in their power, my 40% discount still did not justify our misery. Did I mention this was the weekend I chose to get married and spend at this lakeside retreat? They have the most deceiving web site when it comes to the quality of their rooms. I'm not even going to go into detail about the entire experience because it would take me over an hour to talk about every miserable aspect of this experience.

I decided since the manager was so sincere and seemed to be making his best effort, I would write a private letter to the GM. What a mistake! He gives me the most insincere apology known to man and offers me a free night. You think I care to get a free night in such a poorly run place? By the way they are currently running a promo for a free night with purchase of two more. So what is a free night to this guy? I told him from a sincere place how unhappy I was and he slaps what he thinks is a band aid on it. I wrote him back telling him packing up my family and driving two and a half hours is not worth our time for one night. I never heard back. SHOCKER!

So in the end, save your money! If your going to pay $800 for two nights in Tahoe, go somewhere else! Your just throwing your money and worse, your time away with this place

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an updated room and be careful on busy holidays, you may end up very unhappy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JerryBindel, General Manager at Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting and as I previously mentioned to you as a response to your email, please again accept my sincere apology for your disappointment with you experience. This again is certainly is not the high quality service for which we are known as seen by the many other TripAdvisor postings. We have also already immediately reviewed this unit for any necessary upgrades and will be making any needed improvements to this unit to maintain the quality standards we set for all our units. I am also sorry that my offer of a free night in addition to your stay discount was not acceptable to you, but I encourage you to contact me directly again at jerry.bindel@astonhotels or on my direct line at 800-822-5969, extension 703, if you would like to stay with us again. I would like to show you that your next experience will be to the high quality levels on which we pride ourselves.
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived just in time to see the sunset. The marketing person and I exchanged brief cute exchanges via Facebook about my excitement for the trip. As I was watching the sun go down on the lake and my husband was checking in, she inquired about our whereabouts on Facebook. Talk about personalized service!! I was touched that she remembered and reached out to us. We had a lovely room in the lodge part that was surrounded by trees and a grassy flower garden. All the dealings we had with the staff were helpful, friendly and they tried to go above and beyond to help us learn to paddle board and enhance our stay. Our room had updated decor and a flat screen TV. The beach was clean and well appointed with beautiful gas fire pits to gather around in the evening time and roast 'smores down by the lake. The pools looked gorgeous, but we prefer to be out on the lake. There were new comfortable chairs and beach towels available both on the beach and up at the front pool. We needed items in our room and they were bought quickly and by a friendly staff member. Finally, I have been looking for a new place to stay since the two hotels I stayed as a child and young adult have turned time-share and are very impersonal. I feel I have found it and we are planning on returning again at Christmas time!! Thanks for everything we had a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love this place. resort is right on the beach. clean.2 pools and spas.its like condo living with all the amenities of a hotel. the beach is beautiful! and they even have a free shuttle that will take you to the casino's,shops, or whatever.you just call when ever your ready to leave. don't bother bringing beach towels or beach chairs. they supply that too.

Room Tip: ask for ocean front.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in the "lodge" (read: hotel section) of the property, in a studio with loft. The kids loved the loft part, although it stayed pretty warm up there in June/July. It's a quick walk through the Aston townhomes to the beach. There's a sink upstairs, which I personally wouldn't consider a "half bath" as the Aston website describes it.
The property is older, and shows its age in the lodge's common areas. Still, it's nice to stay in a place that's not pretentious, just clean and practical. (We found the same kind of environment at the Aston Kaanapali Shores, and enjoyed it there as well.)
The location is good, with a well-rated breakfast place two doors down and an easy 5-10 minute walk to Safeway. Staff is friendly and helpful.
Now about the trailer hitch: if you are staying in the lodge and parking under it, consider entering the garage from the entrance at the southwest corner of the building. We were using a hitch-mounted four-bike carrier, and when we entered from the northeast we scraped the heck out of the carrier on the descent. The southwest entrance is flat and uneventful. That entrance is by the next-door HoJo's, which is at the west end of the Aston property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed there for the 4th time for the 4th of July 2013. It was by far our worst visit, and our first since the corporate takeover of this place. The room was fine, but the frat party next to us partied all night. There was no parking on the 4th, and it was obvious people were parked there who were not guests. When I asked about this at the desk, the manager said "parking is provided but not guaranteed, park at the CVS next door" Wrong answer. The parking lot cleared after the fireworks, what a coincidence! This impacted our stay there, since we were afraid to leave in case we couldn't park when we returned. Too bad, this used to be a nice place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JerryBindel, General Manager at Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear LindaNIN,
Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting, and please accept my sincere apology for the situation you experienced with our parking areas over July 4th. With the popularity of the holiday period and the great fireworks show just off our beach, our parking does become strained and we allow for parking on property on some of our grassy areas we would normally not use. We will definitely make certain to better communicate this in future years over the holiday periods, to allow guests to better understand where the allowable parking areas are on property. We also have very tight controls of non-guest use of our parking facilities, and will continue to improve upon this area as well. As you have stayed with us for these many past years, and I thank you very much for this, I ask that you contact me personally at jerry.bindel@astonhotels.com if you would like to stay with us again next year so that I can ensure a great stay for you. Thank you again.

Been to Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!