I really wanted to like this place. And there are some nice attributes. But, overall, it just wasn't that great for us. My wife and 4 year old son and I stayed for two nights in the first week of June in a 1-bedroom lodge room.
My biggest complaint was the hide-a-bed. We put our son to bed in the bedroom and then figured we'd pull out the couch and sleep out in the living room since we stayed up later. There is no way anyone could possibly sleep on this thing, so don't even consider trying. I can't believe they market it as a bed. It's like laying on bare coils of metal.
So, after night 1 we asked for a roll away bed for our son, figuring we could put it in the bedroom and then we could sleep on the bed. No luck. We got an air mattress. At 10 o'clock that night, we blew up the air mattress in the living room and it promptly deflated due to the quarter-size hole in the side. We call again. They bring a new air mattress, this one seems to fill up, except we wake up at 2 a.m. fully deflated on the floor. And again at 5 a.m.
My next biggest complaint is the traffic noise. I'm not one to usually complain about noise issues, but this was bad. Our deck was completely unusable. We sat out there one night to play cards, and we brought an ipad out to listen to music. On the highest volume setting, we could not hear the music, nor could we speak to one another without raising our voices. So, we sat inside with the doors and windows shut tight.
The good thing about this place is a really nice beach area. The pools are fine enough, but the beach really is wonderful, and there was lots of space and plenty of chairs and lounges to use. We had a great time on that beach.
My advice-- Stay in a townhome for sure. The lodge just isn't that great, and the hallway leading to our room had a really funky odor. I guess the low price should've been a clue.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Aston Hotels & Resorts, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Aston Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort
- Lakeland Village Beach Mountain Hotel
- Lakeland Village Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach And Mountain Resort South Lake Tahoe
- Lakeland Village Beach&Mountain Resort