“Good view, nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   |
Ranked #27 of 70 hotels in South Lake Tahoe
“Good view, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just stayed here for our anniversary and I was happy to see the cleanliness of the room because she is a clean freak and when she says its clean, it's clean. Front desk and the maids were friendly and helpful. The heating system was ancient but didn't really bother me once the room warmed up it stayed a good temperature the next 2 nights we were there. I know the owners or people that work here can't control this but I've never heard so much racket coming from the room above us in the middle of the night. Sound like kids dropping golf balls on the floor and running around. Finally I had enough at 1 a.m. And banged on the ceiling and whoever it was got the point and let us sleep the rest of the night lol. I would stay there again, I feel like we received a fair price on a nice room.

• Stayed January 2013
danmchael, General Manager at Inn by the Lake, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and the high level of cleanliness we maintain at the Inn. We understand how important good housekeeping is and are fortunate to have a seasoned team that maintains our high standards. We wish to extend our apologies for the noise which disrupted your sleep. When staying in a first class lodging property never hesitate to bring matters of this attention to the 24/7 reception desk. Typically, all it takes is a call to the offending room from our Guest Service Represenative to quell the disturbance. We also have security available if necessary and we never disclose the reporting party. Thank you again for sharing.
Best regards,

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have stayed at a dozen different hotels in both North and South Lake Tahoe, and I would book this one again.
Located across from the lake some rooms have views (not ours but what-ever) and close to the California entrance to Heavenly Ski resort. This hotel is not near the casino, and I like that.
Room had a fridge, microwave, coffee balcony and most importantly to me, robes.
We were skiing so I really wanted a hotel with a hot tub. This has 2 large tubs full of very hot water. They do not have jets, however, while at one time they did but now do now, but again, it was hot and there was space so whatever.
This hotel is next to Mac Duffs Bar, and that has some of the best food and service in Tahoe so we will be coming here again just for that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
danmchael, General Manager at Inn by the Lake, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your very constructive and informative review. As I write this response we are receiving a fresh layer of snow. Glad you enjoyed our hot tub. Once the snow melts and the ground thaws in the spring we will fix a broken spa pipe and have the jets back in service. Please come back again soon.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spent three nights here at the end of December, departing on NYE. The staff was friendly and professional, and the room was comfortable - especially for the price, the location, and definitely compared with some of the hotels and condominiums we have rented in Tahoe. We even had a small lake view from our balcony. The property is older and could use some updates - to the slider door insulation, to the sinks, the lighting fixtures and even the artwork. A newer TV with inputs for HDMI or other video cables. The beds were comfortable and the room was a decent size for four of us with all of our holiday and ski stuff. The housekeeping staff did a great job, and the parking lot was plowed early every morning (about 6, 'cause we could hear it through the sliding door). The on-property restaurant had a great staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your constructive input . We are in the process of updating our Lake Bldg bathrooms with new granite vanities, sinks faucets, mirrors, comodes, lighting fixtures plus some other touches. We are currently about a third of the way through and await delivery of the granite so we may complete this project. I'll post a photo upon completion. We are gradually upgrading to flat screen LED TVs and hope to speed up this project in the spring. Thanks again for sharing.
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed in the deluxe suite for 3 nights. Checkin was a breeze, room was clean and perfect size for our family. Perfect location - close to restuarants, safeway and Heavenly for skiing. Pool and hot tub were perfect. We were in 3rd floor with amazing views of the lake. Highly recommend, will definitely go back.

Heating system was a bit arcane - had to manually turn on/off, climate control didn't work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your great comments about the Inn and our neighborhood. We are one of the few properties in town with interior corridors, central heating & AC plus great insulation. Typically these factors add up to a high level of comfort. You are right though as the heat will shut down at the temp setting but not the fan. I will renew my efforts to find a new thermostat that can address both issues. Delighted that you enjoyed staying in one of our deluxe suites! We look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I arrived after the first freak snowstorm of the season and the hotel was nearly empty (the town was nearly empty too). The local temperature had dropped from the 60s to the 20s almost overnight. The desk clerk, whose name was Rosie, couldn't have been more gracious and welcoming, and upgraded me to a lake-facing room. The visit would have been ideal except for the very noisy and not very efficient heating system which worked erratically. It took about 12 hours for the room to reach a serviceable temperature. My sense was their heating units (or maybe just that one) are probably long overdue for replacement; at another time of year, it might have been just fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
danmchael, General Manager at Inn by the Lake, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Please excuse my delay in responding to your constructive comments. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the fan coil unit in your unit not working properly. We are one of the few tahoe properties with interior corridors and central heating.air conditioning. We should of detected the problem with the unit in your room which allows you to set the tempature to your particular preferences. We owe you a more successful upgrade. Please let me know the next time you plan to visit the Lake so that I may make amends.
Happy Holiday,
Cali
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was in town for a geocaching event and since many of the festivities were being held at this hotel I decided to make it easy on myself and stay there. Bad plan. Upon check in they told me I was in a standard room with no view. When I booked, I had booked a room with a view. They only had suites left with a view (go figure) I went ahead and upgraded. The view of the lake was lovely. However, in order to have that view, the room (or at least, my room) was situated directly above the pool. All evening you could hear people in the pool/spa area until 11 or midnight. The room itself was large but unimpressive for the price. I was there in June and the A/C in the room did not work. With the noise from the pool area I could either try sleeping in a muggy/warm room or try to cool the place down and have noise drifting up from down stairs. I won't be staying here again. Not worth it for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
danmchael, General Manager at Inn by the Lake, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please accept our sincere apologies for any problems with the air conditioning in your lake view suite. Glad you enjoyed the view. We last hosted the geocaching event in June of 2011 so I wish you would of contacted us with your concerns sooner. I just returned from vacation where we stayed at multiple hotels. At several we experienced minor shortcomings which were corrected promptly when I called the front desk. We work hard to avoid problems but appreciate the opportunity to respond and correct shortcomings promptly.
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a lovely upper room overlooking the lake. Our champagne was ready for us on arrival in our room and we sat and drank it on our balcony and enjoyed the view.
The room was a good size and the beds were comfortable.
There are plenty of eateries nearby and a lovely breakfast cafe right on site with more great views of the lake.
I have no complaints, I would stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your very detailed description of your experience at Inn by the Lake. This is as it should be and we appreciate your post.
Dan

Been to Inn by the Lake? Share your experiences!