“Very Good Hotel, reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel

You added Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe Resort)   |
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Paradise, California
“Very Good Hotel, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We spent our anniversary here in South Lake Tahoe. We're accustom to good accommodations and because the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel was priced right , we were very pleased with the staff, the food ( buffet breakfast provided ) and the mini-suite type room. The buffet breakfast was particularly a step above the norm for this kind of price and we enjoyed the staff who were very attentive and well trained.

The room itself was nice and quiet, with very little noise from adjacent rooms, although the air conditioner was a bit loud, it's not any worse than many hotels we've experienced and it cooled well for this warmer spring stay.

I suppose the only minus points are for the ( required / and expensive ) parking and valet service. The very narrow entrance drive up to the hotel is posted "No self-parking" and there was a minor traffic jam as we arrived on a relatively quiet Friday afternoon. Upon entering this driveway, you're stuck, with no optional way thru or any kind of bypass available, so once you commit, your are in it for the duration, that is until the valet takes your keys, and moves the cars in front of you out of the way... On a busy weekend day in the peak season, I'm certain this can be a big problem as the valet personnel seemed not to be trained in efficient thru-put or in effective vehicle management to facilitate a pleasant arrival for their guests. If several painted lines designating at least two lanes ( one a "do not block" thru lane, and the other a valet lineup ) along with a hotel loading zone would be helpful. One final comment on the valet personnel, although they are dealing with a less than optimum situation, they also seemed to be a bit disorganized as each time we called down to the valet desk for our car to be brought up and ready for us when we came down for it ( allowing the 5-10 minutes they suggest ) they had not yet even started to retrieve our car when we arrived at the desk, and so we were tied up additional time waiting. So, until they correct their valet problems, you will have to expect a wait of about 15 minutes for your vehicle's retrieval even if you are the only one's who've requested your car ( as we'd experienced ).

Overall, this is a fine hotel, and the only reason they've earned a less than perfect rating is the valet situation, everything else was superb!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived, in the quiet season and were immediately upgraded to a better suite. The staff were all friendly, breakfast is included, buffet and cooked. Room has microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Very large suite with King bed and large sofa bed. Dining table and chairs, sofa and easy chair in lounge area. Very open style hotel, no soulless corridors. Laundry rooms, ice machines. 4 lifts. Indoor pool and spa, small fitness room. Restaurant food very good but too many TVs. Park in Hurrah's car park and avoid $25 per night car parking. Place and staff great.

Room Tip: Any room is good, although the higher you are the better the view.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have seen some good and bad reviews for this hotel. People are making a fuss about the valet parking and not free WiFi. However, I already bought a 1 night stay from Groupon which is $10 cheaper than other sites for this hotel. So let me make some facts.
1. Self park available at Harrah's hotel and the distance is short walk from main entrance of this hotel (Lake Tahoe resort inn hotel). - so, I didn't bother with the valet service.
2. No free WiFi, but luckily I have AT&T, which I am automatically connected to. So that's my free WiFi, no extra charge. - I escaped another set of fees.
3. Free breakfast - m not really a breakfast eater but it's a plus.
4. Large room - my bedroom is a good 450 sqft. This one is 523 sqft. So, sweet!
5. Hotel lobby is good photo op. - nice garden set up inside. Hotel lobby.

I'll update more as I haven't seen the entire hotel. Only 4 stars coz they should wave WiFi fee and at register, I wasn't inform that they're charging me $50 deposit upfront. I've been victimized by credit fraud too much that I always check my credit card charges. So I do hate to see unexpected charges.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had an amazing view of the mountains every morning and the room was big and spacious. Happy hour is amazing from 4pm to 6pm it's $2 drinks!! Breakfast is a must with a spread that is unlike any other. The only downfall is the $26/night valet fee... they are fast with the car, but it's just an unexpected expense. Worth the $$$ tho!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in a 6th floor King Suite for 2 nights and we were very comfortable. The living area had a couch, chair, ottoman and a 4 seat table with a large flat screen TV. The kitchenette area had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and small sink. The bedroom had an additional sink/mirror which was super convenient! I was able to get ready while someone else showered. The bed was comfortable. Closet was ok - iron and ironing table were tucked inside. I didn't see an in-room safe. That would have been nice. It appeared very clean though our bathroom looked a little rough. The tub had wear on the rim and the toilet seat was a little askew and just looked old. But it was nice to have the living area and two TVs - we stayed out of each other's way very easily. The room appeared very clean but I recommend wiping everything down anyway. We interrupted housekeeping one morning and all they did was make the bed, dump trash, and clean the bathrooms. No vacuuming, dusting, etc. It is a huge hotel with lots of rooms but it was very quiet (however April is slow season). Elevators are fast and you won't have to wait long. The breakfast/happy hour and pool are on the second floor - I recommend rooms away from this area if possible. The pool/spa are open until 10:00pm for kids and midnight for adults. The happy hour/breakfast spot overlooks the swimmers - a little awkward. Breakfast was good - it is not made to order so, you can't expect too much. Every day there were eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, pancake or French toast and biscuits and gravy. Fruit, cereal, toast, muffins, yogurt were offered. This hotel is just steps away from Harrah's - the fastest way is out the back door and into the back door of Harrah's. There are lots of restaurants/bars/stores within walking distance (less than a mile). The down side is that there is no Wi-Fi or parking unless you pay for it and it is a bundled package for $26 per night. Harrah's is so close, park there and walk over. The only night you may have trouble finding a spot is Saturday night. I got a really great deal on my room, I think normal prices are $170 a night. I wouldn't say it was worth that but definitely worth what I paid. I will certainly try to stay here again if the price is right.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the atrium would be most quiet.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After a disastrous day, time spent at emergency, we arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night. Everything started great. I think Jacob was working the late shift and he was really helpful. We we're planning on just spending the night and moving on, but due to our rough day, we needed an extra night to recover. We were all so tired that everyone went right to bed. The next morning, we noticed some huge stains on our 12 year old's pillow. It had a reddish tint and looked like it could've been blood. We found a similar stain under the pillow too. We brought it to the managers attention and she just blew it off. There wasn't much of an apology. We all couldn't go back to sleep because we had to wait for them to change everything. The stain had made it to the mattress. They tried to make it sound as if he had drooled. The stain was dry and there wasn't anything on the pillow the next night. Pretty disgusting and pretty clear it was there prior to our arrival. Manager was supposed to call but never did. We stayed the 2nd night because I booked it through Expedia as I was told by the hotel that would be less expensive. The next day, they slipped a checkout bill showing a charge for the night for about $50.00 less than I paid. Not wanting to get charged twice, I took it to the front desk and the girl said it wasn't for me. It had my name and room number on it didn't know what to make of that. The hotel itself is in a great location and is actually pretty cool.

Stayed March 2015
Nicole M, Sales Coordinator at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Walid,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that your vacation did not get off to an easy start and that there were issues during your stay. We have forwarded your comments on to the Director of Housekeeping for her to review. We are also very sorry that one of our employees did not get back in contact with you and that there was an issue with billing at the time of checkout. We thank you again for your comments and do hope that you will stay with us again.
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The property would get 5 stars except for the ridiculous $26/night valet parking. Our room was very clean, well-appointed and quiet. The bed was comfortable and linens and towels were new and wonderful. The breakfast was very good and had a variety of choices. We ordered room service one night and it was delivered promptly...good prices too. I think the days of charging for internet in a hotel room are gone, so this needs to be remedied. All the employees we encountered were friendly, helpful and knew the area. One standout was Nygel, in the restaurant.

Room Tip: The pool is very busy, so get as far away as possible.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!