We spent our anniversary here in South Lake Tahoe. We're accustom to good accommodations and because the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel was priced right , we were very pleased with the staff, the food ( buffet breakfast provided ) and the mini-suite type room. The buffet breakfast was particularly a step above the norm for this kind of price and we enjoyed the staff who were very attentive and well trained.
The room itself was nice and quiet, with very little noise from adjacent rooms, although the air conditioner was a bit loud, it's not any worse than many hotels we've experienced and it cooled well for this warmer spring stay.
I suppose the only minus points are for the ( required / and expensive ) parking and valet service. The very narrow entrance drive up to the hotel is posted "No self-parking" and there was a minor traffic jam as we arrived on a relatively quiet Friday afternoon. Upon entering this driveway, you're stuck, with no optional way thru or any kind of bypass available, so once you commit, your are in it for the duration, that is until the valet takes your keys, and moves the cars in front of you out of the way... On a busy weekend day in the peak season, I'm certain this can be a big problem as the valet personnel seemed not to be trained in efficient thru-put or in effective vehicle management to facilitate a pleasant arrival for their guests. If several painted lines designating at least two lanes ( one a "do not block" thru lane, and the other a valet lineup ) along with a hotel loading zone would be helpful. One final comment on the valet personnel, although they are dealing with a less than optimum situation, they also seemed to be a bit disorganized as each time we called down to the valet desk for our car to be brought up and ready for us when we came down for it ( allowing the 5-10 minutes they suggest ) they had not yet even started to retrieve our car when we arrived at the desk, and so we were tied up additional time waiting. So, until they correct their valet problems, you will have to expect a wait of about 15 minutes for your vehicle's retrieval even if you are the only one's who've requested your car ( as we'd experienced ).
Overall, this is a fine hotel, and the only reason they've earned a less than perfect rating is the valet situation, everything else was superb!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is South Lake Tahoe's only all-suite lodging option. Located at the base of Heavenly Mountain Resort and moments from world-class gaming, dining, ice-skating, golf, shopping, hiking, biking, entertainment, and lake activities. Our stylish Lake Tahoe accommodations are perfect for families, corporate meetings & retreats, social functions, groups, Weddings, or an adventure vacation. Every hotel reservation at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel includes a comfortable two-room suite, free breakfast buffet, and a nightly happy hour. Discover this outstanding Lake Tahoe lodging resort and destination, make your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Groupon, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Embassy Suites South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Embassy Suites