“Great Location and Nice Sized Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel

You added Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe Resort)   |
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Sacramento, CA
“Great Location and Nice Sized Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed in a 6th floor King Suite for 2 nights and we were very comfortable. The living area had a couch, chair, ottoman and a 4 seat table with a large flat screen TV. The kitchenette area had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and small sink. The bedroom had an additional sink/mirror which was super convenient! I was able to get ready while someone else showered. The bed was comfortable. Closet was ok - iron and ironing table were tucked inside. I didn't see an in-room safe. That would have been nice. It appeared very clean though our bathroom looked a little rough. The tub had wear on the rim and the toilet seat was a little askew and just looked old. But it was nice to have the living area and two TVs - we stayed out of each other's way very easily. The room appeared very clean but I recommend wiping everything down anyway. We interrupted housekeeping one morning and all they did was make the bed, dump trash, and clean the bathrooms. No vacuuming, dusting, etc. It is a huge hotel with lots of rooms but it was very quiet (however April is slow season). Elevators are fast and you won't have to wait long. The breakfast/happy hour and pool are on the second floor - I recommend rooms away from this area if possible. The pool/spa are open until 10:00pm for kids and midnight for adults. The happy hour/breakfast spot overlooks the swimmers - a little awkward. Breakfast was good - it is not made to order so, you can't expect too much. Every day there were eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, pancake or French toast and biscuits and gravy. Fruit, cereal, toast, muffins, yogurt were offered. This hotel is just steps away from Harrah's - the fastest way is out the back door and into the back door of Harrah's. There are lots of restaurants/bars/stores within walking distance (less than a mile). The down side is that there is no Wi-Fi or parking unless you pay for it and it is a bundled package for $26 per night. Harrah's is so close, park there and walk over. The only night you may have trouble finding a spot is Saturday night. I got a really great deal on my room, I think normal prices are $170 a night. I wouldn't say it was worth that but definitely worth what I paid. I will certainly try to stay here again if the price is right.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the atrium would be most quiet.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

After a disastrous day, time spent at emergency, we arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night. Everything started great. I think Jacob was working the late shift and he was really helpful. We we're planning on just spending the night and moving on, but due to our rough day, we needed an extra night to recover. We were all so tired that everyone went right to bed. The next morning, we noticed some huge stains on our 12 year old's pillow. It had a reddish tint and looked like it could've been blood. We found a similar stain under the pillow too. We brought it to the managers attention and she just blew it off. There wasn't much of an apology. We all couldn't go back to sleep because we had to wait for them to change everything. The stain had made it to the mattress. They tried to make it sound as if he had drooled. The stain was dry and there wasn't anything on the pillow the next night. Pretty disgusting and pretty clear it was there prior to our arrival. Manager was supposed to call but never did. We stayed the 2nd night because I booked it through Expedia as I was told by the hotel that would be less expensive. The next day, they slipped a checkout bill showing a charge for the night for about $50.00 less than I paid. Not wanting to get charged twice, I took it to the front desk and the girl said it wasn't for me. It had my name and room number on it didn't know what to make of that. The hotel itself is in a great location and is actually pretty cool.

Stayed March 2015
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The property would get 5 stars except for the ridiculous $26/night valet parking. Our room was very clean, well-appointed and quiet. The bed was comfortable and linens and towels were new and wonderful. The breakfast was very good and had a variety of choices. We ordered room service one night and it was delivered promptly...good prices too. I think the days of charging for internet in a hotel room are gone, so this needs to be remedied. All the employees we encountered were friendly, helpful and knew the area. One standout was Nygel, in the restaurant.

Room Tip: The pool is very busy, so get as far away as possible.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I went to Lake Tahoe in Feb and April this year, and stayed at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel both times. I liked it. It is very kid-friendly place, and my son loved the indoor swimming pool, and the fish pond on the first floor. They have quite a selection at the free breakfast. I don't drink, and I cannot say anything about the free happy hour drink, but my son enjoyed the free snacks. The two-room suite also made it possible for me to use the laptop without interrupting my son's sleep. The staffs are mostly friendly.

Other things I like about the hotel:
1. They have longer breakfast hours than other places I stayed before.
2. It is right next to Heavenly Village, where there are plenty restaurants and shoppings.
3. There is a CVS nearby for your emergency needs.
4. It is right next to the casino, so that my husband can play at the poker table and come back in minutes if we need him.
5. We used the valet parking, but I do believe there are people parked at Harrah's free parking lot.

I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is b/c the following 2 things.
1. I wish the pool could be warmer than it was in the night. There are two doors in the pool facing outside. Even the doors are closed, the cold wind can easily come through and make the little ones shivering when entering and coming out of the pool.
2. I wish they offer better concierge service. I met three people at that desk, and only the senior lady was warm and helpful to us.

I would stay there again when I visit Lake Tahoe the next time, and would recommend it to other family with young kids. I wish you could have better experiences at the concierge desk than we did.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Would be 5 stars if not for $26 per night valet parking charge and $4.95ph Internet charge.Yes you're right they charge for Internet usage.Its 2015 why do they charge.Add these 2 very annoying charges to the room price.
The room was great ,spacious clean and tidy and quiet with great views. Breakfast was great as much as you want.Evening drink was great as well, included on your room cost.So they give you free drink,newspapers, breakfast and pool facilities but charge for the parking and Internet. Now I know from reading reviews that many guest feel the same so please take heed and perhaps review your charging options. The hotel and location are great,couldn't be better with great staff.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It used to be an Embassy Suites (ES). The rooms are still Embassy-like. The furnishings and such were fine, just as you would expect to find in an ES. What was not like an ES at all was breakfast. They moved it into the restaurant. Clearly the waitstaff was VERY new. The food from the kitchen did not match up to the menu (for example: the yogurt parfait was listed as yogurt topped with fresh fruit and granola, it came out as a bowl of raspberry yogurt - perhaps this was a problem with our inexperienced server?). Also, the majority of the food from the kitchen was not good. And finally it took a VERY LONG TIME to eat. Bummer.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Nicole M, Sales Coordinator at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. As you mentioned we are no longer an Embassy Suites and are currently coming up on our two year anniversary of rebranding to the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel. Since our owners changed management companies we have been able to make adjustments that we hope better suite out guests and one item we were looking in to was moving the breakfast to the restaurant to give our guests a more personal dining experience. We appreciate your comments regarding this recent trial breakfast change and we look forward to utilizing them during our further discussions. We look forward to your next stay with us.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed here two nights in March 2015 visiting with family from out of state. Really great place for families. Used to be an Embassey Suite, and it still has that feel. Lobby area has ponds with koi. You get tickets for free drinks at happy hour, where they also have free pop corn and pretzels. Breakfast is included, and a good assortment of fruit and cereals, bread, etc. The hot buffet has scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, gravy, etc. All you can eat. The only thing missing from the Embassey Suite scene is the omelette station. Miss that, but definitely slows the line down. Walk right across the street to Harrah's for casino fun if you are inclined. Gondola to Heavenly a short walk. Valet parking is $26 per day, but with that you get your wifi at no cost (usually $12.95 per day). Rooms are clean and well maintained. Classic Embassey layout, separate living area and bedroom. Bathroom clean and had a newer feel to it. If you liked Emabassey Suites, you'll like it here. Staff was universally smiling and very helpful. Especially the concierge, full of activity ideas.
Had dinner one night at the restaurant, was very good.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!