I read a lot of good reviews on TripAdvisor for this and chose this hotel. I had a lot of expectations going in.
Check In - Nothing to write home about - it was quick, uneventful, not very friendly but got the job done.
Room - This is an old Embassy Suites so you know what to expect in the rooms. For about $280 a night there was no view and it was a basic room with a king size bed. Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room.
Breakfast - Again nothing to write home about - mass produced food - no make your own omelettes, but selection of eggs or pancakes, eggs or french toast, biscuit, gravy, meat. Fruits were your typical cheap selection, half cut bananas, oranges, melons, and watermelons - no berries or premium fruits.
Evening Reception - You get a coupon for a drink and with it you can pick pretzels or popcorn - ugh.
Internet Access - they tell you that you get a great deal for $26 a day for valet parking and internet. The internet barely works. My hotspot on my HSPA phone was faster than their internet service. I complained and their explanation was that they were quite full. Seriously if you are quite full get more bandwidth. In this day an age Internet access is not optional.
Overall - I am giving it a generous 3 star for location but not much else. If you want a better experience go to the Marriott next door for just a few dollars more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is South Lake Tahoe's only all-suite lodging option. Located at the base of Heavenly Mountain Resort and moments from world-class gaming, dining, ice-skating, golf, shopping, hiking, biking, entertainment, and lake activities. Our stylish Lake Tahoe accommodations are perfect for families, corporate meetings & retreats, social functions, groups, Weddings, or an adventure vacation. Every hotel reservation at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel includes a comfortable two-room suite, free breakfast buffet, and a nightly happy hour. Discover this outstanding Lake Tahoe lodging resort and destination, make your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Embassy Suites South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Embassy Suites