“Needs Improvement” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel

You added Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe Resort)   |
Ranked #22 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Sunnyvale, California
“Needs Improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Bad hospitality - The hotel staff(specially reception) is rude

The room heater was not working.

The common breakfast area - stinks the whole hotel of meat all around during the breakfast.
Not at all recommended for Vegetarians.

Room Tip: The hotel is not situated near the lake - so any room is a neutral experience - choose the 'valu...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole M, Sales Coordinator at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello and thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast area and your heater did not work correctly, though we are confident that it was repaired in a timely manner after notifying our front desk team. We receive many very positive reviews about the friendliness of our staff and the many breakfast options available designed to accommodate all guests. We do hope that you will give us a second chance and stay with us again in the future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
placerville,ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This trip was a spur of the moment; throw your clothes in a suitcase and go! We booked the room in the morning and arrived that afternoon for just one night. I was surprised when I stepped inside this hotel to find it was a former Embassy Suites. I've stayed at Embassy Suites before and this place looked and felt just like one. That isn't a bad thing, just unexpected. The location is perfect. Right in the middle of all the activities. You can walk just about anywhere - shopping, dining, casinos, and gondola. Our room was nice - just like other rooms we've stayed in at Embassy Suites. They have valet parking only and charge a fee for each night’s stay if they park your car, but right next door is a casino with unlimited all night free parking, so we parked there (our car didn't care where it spent the night). The room was quiet and the temperature was good. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was good; there were lots of items to choose from, encluding eggs, bacon, fruit etc. We took our coffee through the indoor pool area and out the doors to the outside deck to sit and drink it under the pines, which was nice. If you like Embassy Suites, you'll like this place. Personally, I hope it develops some unique character of its own.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view ask when you book it.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. Check in was a breeze, I was shown up to our premier room, and what a room. Walked in and there was a sitting room with sofa, large wide screen TV, fridge and dinning table. A spacious bathroom and a lovely bedroom also with flat screen TV and a really big comfy bed. The pillows were fantastic. We did have a blocked toilet but this was sorted out in 15 mind. Staff were really friendly. We ended up paying $25 a night to park as nowhere else too they say you can park in Harrahs for free at your own risk. This includes Internet which worked for one of our evenings out of 2 hoping it'll work when we get back. There is no safe in room which was a bit of a problem for us. You also get free buffet breakfast with plenty of choice and a free drinks voucher which was great. Hotel was great but parking and wifi should be included.

• Stayed November 2014
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for a work conference and hadn't stayed here since it was the official Embassy Suites. To me, it seems like the quality has gone downhill. I know they are remodeling but the best part about the hotel was all of the parts outside of my room. Everything is fixable and I'm hoping I just had a bad stay with the housekeeping/cleanliness of the room.

The room itself was very large and spacious. The first issue started at 5am the next day when the casino deliveries next door started to arrive. I was in room 310 and at 5:00 on the dot the delivery trucks arrived to deliver and it was beep beep beep for a good 20 minutes. That happened on the second day too so no sleeping in for me.

When I woke up the next morning, I found a piece of crusty bread in my bed.... only I didn't eat anything in my bed!! I don't know if it came from the extra blanket that was crusty itself (I think it's been a while since washed) or if it was in the sheets but I was grossed out. The sheets were also stained with random black and red speckles which I think were lipstick and eye liner and looked a little worn.

I left the room and housekeeping came in. When I got back, I saw that they really only made the bed. I had some used napkins on the nightstand that were still there, maybe they were thinking I was recycling?? And although I left towels hanging to be reused, they weren't folded or moved out of the way of anything, which is weird because most of the time they are refolded nicely. The light in the bed stand light would only come on after I shook the bulb and post a bit. My friend said she had a remodeled room so I think I got an older one.

The breakfast was good as always, happy hour is basic. Location is great. Staff not the friendliest this time around. Overall, this wouldn't be my first choice of places to stay. I rather pay more bucks and stay at the Marriott because I know what I'm getting there.

Room Tip: Don't choose 310!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Nicole M, Sales Coordinator at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello and thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that there were issues with the room during your stay and that the delivery trucks for the casinos next door were disruptive to your sleep. We have forwarded your comments on to the Director of Housekeeping for her to review with her team and make the appropriate changes so this does not happen to future guests. We have also sent your comments on to the Director of Engineering for him to inspect the lights in the suites to make sure they are all in working order. We thank you again for your comments and hope that you will stay with us again.
Fremont, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I can't think of a way in which our weekend stay could have been any better (as far as accommodations are concerned!!) than it was. The room was perfect for wheelchair access (room 502), and the front desk staff (THANK YOU, MEGAN!) let us see available ADA rooms and let us choose which one we liked. There was also a sink and counter in the main bedroom, as well as the bathroom. I don't think I will ever stay at another property in South Lake Tahoe again. There is simply no better choice of hotel in the area than this one. Thank you!

Room Tip: All rooms are at least two room suites, I'm pretty sure. Our room (a basic / standard) had two...
Fremont, California
1,694 reviews 1,694 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of the Lake Tahoe Resort is stellar being next to the casino area on one side and the Heavenly Village shops and Gondola on the other side. As such, it is easy to walk to restaurants, movies, shops and more within a few minutes.

It is a well run hotel with very good customer services such as a good breakfast to start the day as well as a happy hour at night.

Rooms are nice and beds are comfortable.

usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything was perfect. Sarah helped us get checked in. She was very kind and professional. The room was clean. The breakfast was great. The pool was being redone so we were sent to Harris next door to swim. I love this hotel. It has always been one of my favorites.

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!