I'm sure we can all agree that S. Lake Tahoe has an abundance of affordable hotels near the casinos but they are all really outdated and just gross. SLT also has a couple of very nice hotels near the casinos that are ridiculously expensive. So what is a middle class family to do? Well along comes the Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel which used to be the Doubletree. The hotel is located right next to Harrah's - doesn't get any better than that! They just opened and were offering a groupon deal in September, which i jumped on. And wow, am i glad i did! What a great experience! From check in to check out, everything exceeded my wildest dreams. I mean, again, let's talk about location. Right next to Harrahs. I came to Tahoe with my family, but i love to gamble. Due to the convenience of the location, i was able to leave hubby with the toddler and dip out here and there to get my fix. Since i was so close, no one had to drive me or pick me up and i wasn't gone for very long. I could bring food back to the room, etc. It was just so incredibly convenient! And to not have to pay a fortune for the hotel was such a relief. We got a great, updated room for $115/night! The room had three sinks - 1 in the bedroom, 1 in the living room and of course the bathroom. So convenient! I could get ready in the bedroom while hubby got ready in the living room, while toddler brushed her teeth in the bathroom. The room is a complete suite so you can close off the bedroom from the living room and not disturb whoever is sleeping in. The hotel staff were all very friendly and well trained. They offered coupons for a free drink and light snacks in the evenings and free buffet breakfast in the mornings. So convenient when you have kids. The beds were super comfortable. The rooms were large, clean and quiet. The hotel has a huge atrium which is lush with plants and has little walkways - which of course entertained my toddler. We also enjoyed the pool while we were there. It was a nice size and temp and very clean. They don't offer any floatation toys for kids so bring your own. There's a hot tub and fitness room which i didn't use but looked nice. Let me see...is there anything i can complain about here? No, there isn't. My only concern is that once they lure us all in and make us fall in love, they will raise the prices way out of my league like all the other nice hotels in the area. I think it very likely indeed. But we'll see........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is South Lake Tahoe's only all-suite lodging option. Located at the base of Heavenly Mountain Resort and moments from world-class gaming, dining, ice-skating, golf, shopping, hiking, biking, entertainment, and lake activities. Our stylish Lake Tahoe accommodations are perfect for families, corporate meetings & retreats, social functions, groups, Weddings, or an adventure vacation. Every hotel reservation at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel includes a comfortable two-room suite, free breakfast buffet, and a nightly happy hour. Discover this outstanding Lake Tahoe lodging resort and destination, make your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter and Tingo so you can book your Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Lake Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Embassy Suites South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Embassy Suites