“Simple and cute” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe

You added Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe to your Saves list
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Timber Cove Lodge)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Sacramento, California
“Simple and cute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I went here with my boyfriend for our one year and we loved it. A friend of mine suggested it and I booked it the next week. And I wasn't let down. For the price and location it was a good pick. I recommend for anyone just wanting to get away for a weekend!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beautiful setting and fairly inexpensive. Not the nicest place on the lake, but decent and convenient. Loved the fireplace in room, and the incredible view of the water. We enjoyed walking out on the pier and the kids loved the sandy beach.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I chose to rate this hotel "average" as that's simply what it was to me. I don't mean this negatively in any regard.
- The kind size bed was nice, not lumpy or uncomfortable.
- The size of the room was standard.
- The shower was large enough for just one person.
- Everything seemed very clean.
- I really enjoyed having an outside balcony that had some chairs to sit in.
- The fireplace was a nice touch and heated the room very quickly. (though I would recommend installing carbon monoxide detectors in the rooms as I believe the fireplaces were gas)
- Plenty of spots to hang our gear after a day of riding at heavenly which was nice.
- The Tavern restaurant had fantastic service but the food was just OK (the BF loved the bison burger, I wasn't overwhelmed with the pot roast sandwich)
- The private beach is really nice (hammocks are a plus when the sun hits that way)
- The outside and inside bonfires are a great place to enjoy a drink
- Easy pick up on the bus to get to the mountain
- Would HIGHLY recommend replacing the dresser in the room with a mini refrigerator.
- No Wi-Fi information in the rooms

I would probably stay here again... Like I said, we heard from a lot of locals that its one of the nicer places to stay in SLT that's not a casino.

I think we were initially turned off when we were checking in to find out that it was previously a Best Western... I think that made us feel like we went from staying in luxury to a standard hotel.

Nothing bad to say about this place. Just make sure you shop for the deals before deciding on staying here.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Pittsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I enjoyed my experience at the Beach Retreat and Lodge. I was celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend. It was nice to wake up and having a view of the lake. The king size bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great place to stay when you want beach access but don't want to empty your wallet. Close to restaurants and Safeway is acrossed the street. Also casinos are only a 1 and a half away. This is one of my favorite places to stay when we visit south Lake Tahoe.

Room Tip: Ask for the beach view. Worth the extra money.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We recently got married at the Beach Retreat and Lodge! It was truly a dream wedding and we couldn't be happier! Even though we did not stay at the hotel there, we had many guests who did and they complimented the rooms, service, breakfast and, of course, the views! We worked very closely with the catering director (Lori) and she was absolutely amazing and made every little wish we had possible! The reception food was also outstanding! Highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Beach Retreat & Lodge Tahoe, and we were very happy with our service at the front desk, our room, the hotel in general and all of its amenities. Our room was located within feet of the beach, so being able to wake up to that view every morning was so romantic and soothing to our souls. It was our first trip anywhere together, and it was perfect. We definitely can't wait to go back and do plan on staying at the Beach Retreat again...even our waiter for our "Voucher breakfast" was extremely nice and his service to us knowing we had a voucher was superb. Thank you for our first of many successful trips to come Beach Retreat & Lodge!!

Room Tip: I would definitely reccommend upgrading to at least a partial beach view like we did...made waking u...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe

Address: 3411 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Timber Cove Lodge)
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Business Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
#8 On the Beach Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Timber Cove Hotel South Lake Tahoe
Best Western Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe Best Western

If you own or manage Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.