“Good location, decent rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe

You added Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe to your Saves list
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Timber Cove Lodge)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #28 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Pacifica, California
“Good location, decent rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed over night with Skiing as my primary reason for being in the area. Booked the room on Expedia, the rooms were clean, had a fireplace and my check-in/out experience was quick and straight forward. Not far from the casinos and Heavenly. The property is right on the lake, they don't include breakfast, but have a restaurant if this matters. Training room and pool for the summer. Appears family friendly, I would return. It is a solid 3 star hotel, you want a 4 star experience then you need to stay at a 4 star property, I ranked the place accordingly.

Note I booked a partial lake view and that is what I got. If I wanted a full lake view I could have reserved accordingly and it would have of course cost more, these were two distinct options. I suspect the person complaining otherwise didn't look carefully when reserving and put in for a partial lake view and then didn't get the full lake view they wanted and decided to complain.

Room Tip: Go for a lake or partial lake view so you are not facing the highway with the obvious noise of South...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Beach Retreat & Lodge is such a great place for any kind of traveler. I stayed there for a business trip and loved the complimentary wifi and easy ( and delicious) breakfast option across from the lobby. The staff as always was wonderful and helpful. Beach Retreat is in a great location, close to everthing and the rooms are fantastic. I suggest you book the Lake View rooms. They are worth the extra money, trust me. I wish i could have stayed longer to take advantage of the Boat House restaurant on the pier. Always a good choice in staying there.

Room Tip: Lake View building C or D
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a repeat guest, one of the more rewarding or telling stories of a property that excels in customer service is when the staff remember you. My lodging for the two night may have benefited me from a slower couple of nights, but I will take it. I got a great lake view and these rooms with the fireplace always make my overnights very comfortable. I continue to recommend this property as they continue to make improvements throughout the property. Not that I will use the new conference center, it will be a nice addition to this retreat.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Alameda, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We made our reservation 2 months in advance as we wanted a Lake View. Got there & they could not give us the room we reserved or one like it. Sent us to a building unloaded the car & got to the elevator which was out of service. Went back to front desk & waited in line again. Got room....view of a parking lot lots of tress & a peek of water. Noisy....maid service late...no refrigerator...& broken ice machine. I would not advise anyone to stay here. So disappointing & and $$$

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rohnert Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Such a romantic getaway my boyfriend gave to me because I had never been there.
The room was very nicely done. The room and everything outside was very clean. Close to everything that you could want and do. The lake was about 300 feet from our room.
The room was nice but not super large.
Love it there and would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: We loved the corner room we were in.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. It was a nice change from the usual casino environment where all you smell is smoke. It was very cold so the fireplace was a nice addition and the rooms were very cute and cozy. The only complaint I have is the window in the bathroom was very old and all the cold air came in from outside. We froze when we went in the bathroom or took a shower, but other than that everything was great. The hotel was right on the beach and there was a restaurant on the pier. Only about a five minute drive to the main strip and casinos. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Gardnerville, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely loved our stay. From the moment we arrived in the lobby we were greeted by friendly staff. We didn’t spend much time in the lobby but the décor was great and it looked very clean and comfortable. When we got into our room I couldn’t believe how close we were to the water. The room wasn’t super large but it was perfect for the two of us. It had a gas fireplace, the best television I have ever seen in a hotel room, a full wall mirror and a patio door with chairs, a hammock and an unobstructed view to the lake. The building is older so I was surprised how clean everything was.I usually always find something that could be better but this stay was absolutely flawless. The bed was extremely comfortable and with the blackout curtains I could have easily slept in, however the grounds were so beautiful I couldn’t wait to get up and explore. Thankful we got to stay here, it was amazing and can’t wait to visit again.

Room Tip: It appeared that all rooms have balconys or patios over looking the lake.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe? Share your experiences!