“Awesome Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe

You added Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe to your Saves list
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Timber Cove Lodge)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!!!!
Ranked #29 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Awesome Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Absolutely loved our stay. From the moment we arrived in the lobby we were greeted by friendly staff. We didn’t spend much time in the lobby but the décor was great and it looked very clean and comfortable. When we got into our room I couldn’t believe how close we were to the water. The room wasn’t super large but it was perfect for the two of us. It had a gas fireplace, the best television I have ever seen in a hotel room, a full wall mirror and a patio door with chairs, a hammock and an unobstructed view to the lake. The building is older so I was surprised how clean everything was.I usually always find something that could be better but this stay was absolutely flawless. The bed was extremely comfortable and with the blackout curtains I could have easily slept in, however the grounds were so beautiful I couldn’t wait to get up and explore. Thankful we got to stay here, it was amazing and can’t wait to visit again.

Room Tip: It appeared that all rooms have balconys or patios over looking the lake.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a great time staying in a beautiful lake view room. It was snowing while I was there, so the big TV to watch the game on and fireplace were excellent! Also the bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me! They had excellent customer service and even helped me (after I had checked out) find/return an item I had left in the room. It was also nice to have two different restaurants to choose from while there. I tried one for dinner and the other for breakfast and never had to leave the property. What an amazing place to relax, dine, and enjoy the wonderful lake and all it's beauty!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
placerville,ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was a Best Western in the past, changed to the Beach Retreat & Lodge. We booked a room on-line (King standard room) but when we arrived found out it was in the front with no view of the lake. When the receptionist saw our disappointment she offered us a double bed room with a view of the lake (the only rooms left) so we took it (no extra charge!). We were not disappointed. The room was in a great location with a wonderful view of the lake and pier. At night we could see the Boathouse restaurant with its flaming gas burners out front lighting the way to the pier. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and looking out at the beautiful lake and sailboats. Our room was decorated in nautical style and had a gas fireplace which was an added plus. The location of this place is not close to the casinos but it has its own action going on in other ways, such as the Boathouse restaurant on the pier (50% off appetizers and drinks during happy hour!), and restaurant and bar inside the lobby area (Sunday brunch!). There is a Safeway across the street and public beaches close by...though why go there when you have your own private one right outside your room? It's not far to drive downtown to the casinos if you must. The service here was very good; everyone was friendly and helpful with a professional attitude (which I appreciate!). The only cons I can think of for this place is the parking lot is a bit beat up and the elevator could use some vacuuming (sand & stuff from the beach). But all in all I liked it a lot and will go back.

Room Tip: If having a view is important to you make sure you ask for it. If your budget can't afford it, w...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We used to come here when it was a Best Western. The view rooms were fabulous then, and they are fabulous now. The hotel is currently undergoing a makeover, which can only make it better. The rooms were starting to look a little dated, but with an absolute perfect view of Lake Tahoe and a comfortable bed, who cared... With a makeover in progress this will be the perfect spot for a quick Lake Tahoe getaway.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $20-30 and get a lakefront room.... Best money you'll ever spend.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fantastic Location
This place is great as a romantic retreat as well as going with the family.
The location is second to none its right on the lake where you have the beach with a fantastic sunset which can be enjoyed with a great dinner and glass of vine on the terrace of a very good restaurant on the pier.
The outdoor sports activities are great you can rent boats and jet skis at the pier. The pool is ideal for the family to hang out as is the newly added hot tub and the fact that there is bar service at the pool is another added bonus. Apart from all the activities available around and within the Resort there are plenty of other great activities within driving area like Heavenly lifts ….
The accommodation the whole place has just had a massive overhaul the rooms are very clean and comfortable we (me and my two sons) had a room with a view towards the Lake which was unbelievable. The beds are very comfortable and new flat screen TV’s in every room.
The bar and breakfast area is new and has flat screens and nice seating area everywhere, staff is very friendly and attentive.
I will definitely come back in the near future beautiful place

Room Tip: Get A room with a view on the Lake its worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is amazaing! My boyfriend and I stayed here last weekend for a quick getaway. The view from our room on the second floor was absolutely stunning. The sunrise Sunday morning was breathtaking! They've recently remodeled and it looks great! The bar area is warm and inviting with nice TV's from every angle. I'd definitely reccomend staying here. The price is very affordable, staff is friendly, and you can't beat that view!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
Hertfordshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The bedrooms were small but attractively decorated - a welcome change from depressing hotel beige. Unfortunately the buildings were blocky & dreary from the outside. Everywhere was badly lit (typical of South Lake Tahoe as a whole) so walking between buildings was hazardous. The bistro restaurant on the waterfront was mediocre. The service at breakfast the next day was slow, the food cold & overpriced. No=one in our party made the mistake of returning. Lake Tahoe itself was blocked off by building work.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe? Share your experiences!