“A Little Piece of Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe

Save Saved
You added Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe to your Saves list
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Timber Cove Lodge)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!!!!
Ranked #32 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reno, Nevada
“A Little Piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband, two dogs, and I stayed at the Beach Retreat and Lodge in South Lake Tahoe, CA, this past weekend on the recommendation of our friends. This beautiful property is located right on the lake and even has its own beach. The sunsets over the lake were amazing! It's hard to find a hotel this nice that's pet-friendly. Some of the hotels we've stayed in that allowed pets smelled like barnyards. Not so at this hotel--the rooms were very clean and well maintained. The Sunday brunch serves a variety of food, and there's something delicious for everyone's taste buds. We couldn't have asked for a more relaxed, beautiful setting at this hotel, and the customer service was excellent. Didn't meet one staff member who didn't have a smile on his/her face or ask us if we needed anything. We will definitely be visiting the Beach Retreat again, again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the lake so you can enjoy the breathtaking sunsets.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was my first experience at this resort. The resort was recommended to me by a business associate who really enjoyed his visit to the hotel. I made a special trip to have a Sunday brunch and was happy to have an excellent meal. The chef and his staff were very attentive and provided a very positive experience. The restaurant was clean and attractive. Most important is that the food was presented well and tasted great. After brunch I took a walk around the property and discovered that this hotel has a great deal to offer. The pool area is very nice and the grounds were spotless. I observed several of the employees making a special effort to pick up even the smallest of particles. They seemed to take pride in making sure that all areas were spotless. I noticed that they also have wedding facilities and we're very intent in making sure the area was beautiful for the wedding guests. I have been to Lake Tahoe several times before, maiming at the casino. I have definitely found a new place to recommend and stay myself. The resort is beautiful, peaceful and has a great location. This hotel has a beach right on the lake, a marina and it's own pier. As I was leaving the resort I noticed a new facility being built. I was informed by one of the managers that this was going to be their new convention facility. What an ideal location to go where you do not have to compete with the casino crowd. This is an all around fantastic place.

Room Tip: I did not stay at the property. I was there for the brunch. I did talk to a few guests who said that...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Chico, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We have stayed here several times when we have been in the area, using a Groupon the first time and just booking through the hotel site for other dates. The property has a lot going for it - great location in South Lake Tahoe, beautiful beach and pier, and dog-friendly which is a bonus since we often travel with our pet. It's an older property but things are generally pretty clean and it looks like they have been doing some renovations and making improvements. The pool area looks nice but has been super crowded when we have been there so we've skipped it. We love the private balconies and the lake views. Dealings with staff have been positive as well.

But...a few things keeps me from falling in love with this place. The rooms are pretty small, even the more expensive ones. The walls are thin and this is a family resort, which can mean you are stuck listening to the neighbors kids cry/scream/pound things while you try to keep your well-mannered but not without limits pup from barking hysterically at the ceaseless racket. There isn't a mini-fridge in the rooms, which seems weird - not the end of the world but I like to keep some cold drinks on hand when I travel. And lastly, my nit-pickiest complaint - the towels smell funky. I don't know what kind of laundry products they use but I have noticed the same not-quite-fresh smell on the towels every time we have been there. The linens look clean, they just don't smell good.

All in all we have had positive experiences and are likely to stay here again but we wish that management would make a few improvements as mentioned.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms can be very noisy if the beach is crowded so weigh the view against that possibilit...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Brandon R, General Manager at Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Angm11,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We are sincerely grateful for your repeat business.

I will certainly address the issue with the towels and linen with our laundry provider. When you stay with us in the future, if for some reason you experience the same concern, please let us know immediately and I will provide resolution.

Regarding the mini-fridges, we are looking into possibly adding these to our room sometime in the future. In the interim, you may contact the front desk and they will have a fridge delivered to your room.

Thank you again for your business.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel. One with a lake view and one with a garden view for our kids and dog to stay in. Really enjoyed our stay here, professional staff, great location and dog friendly. The restaurant on the pier was nice, maybe a little pricey but great food and great view. The only downside to this place was the very small shower. If you like to relax in a spa type bathroom this is not the place for you. There was no bathtub. They do serve food in the newly remodeled restaurant and we found that to be okay. The construction that some mention did not bother us due to the location of our rooms. We stayed mid week and so wedding parties were also not an issue. The pool was good. Wifi is ridiculously slow.

Room Tip: Fantastic view room B 302, Garden view D 102 limited view of beach
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What more do you need, this hotel has it all, including a nice pool and spa. The rooms are clean and quiet. We had a room right on the beach and spent much time on the balcony just enjoying the view. This was an annivesary trip for us and we had a fantastic time. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to any and all who want a fantastic experience at Lake Tahoe.

Room Tip: Room B202 is perfect right on the beach.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Brandon R, General Manager at Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Dennis J,

Thank you for your positive response and we are thrilled that you enjoyed a romantic weekend. Happy Anniversary, we look forward to your return (of course, no need to wait an entire year; Valentine's Day will be here before you know it.

Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We recently celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a 10 day stay at this lovely property. We spent most of that time in the honeymoon suite. Roomy, comfortable...and that jacuzzi tub was fabulous! Lori, the wedding planner, who arranged our wow renewal on the pie, is a rock star!!! at sunset. She saw that everything was perfect, just the way we wanted it to be. What a dream she is to work with.

Two issues...housekeeping....don't knock on the door of the honeymoon suite so early. :) Engineering, don't blame the customer wnen the jacuZi in the suite didn't work on the first night on the first try!!

Room Tip: The lake front rooms are more pricey, but have the best views and are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Brandon R, General Manager at Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Barbara O,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your most recent stay. Forty years of marriage, that's fantastic!! Congratulations.

I'm glad that Lori was able to assit you with the renewal of your wedding vows and make it a memorable experience.

I aplogize for the two service issues that you described and I will be certain to address them with the appropriate departments.

Best regards,
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a room with lakeview. The rooms were well build, luxurious and clean. They all have a balcony, and the beach and pier are accessible right from the hotel. There is enough parking to accommodate most/all the guests.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Massimo,

Thank you for your positive review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our property and had a wonderful time.

We look forward to your return visit..

Kind regards,

Been to Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe? Share your experiences!