“Booking Process” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe

Save Saved
You added Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe to your Saves list
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3411 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 (Formerly Timber Cove Lodge)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!!!!
Ranked #31 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Portland, Oregon
“Booking Process”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I booked my reservation from the living social I purchased. Being a business owner who has worked with groupon I understood the compromises you make with purchasing a discounted service. I called to schedule my dates and was sooooo happy with the service I received from the staff. Soo accommodating because it will be my honeymoon! After reading all the reviews and after experiencing such amazing customer service I can't wait! I never travel without my ear plugs so I am definitely looking forward to this amazing trip! My trip will be May 13-16

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was traveling with my 85 pound German Sheppard dog. It's not easy to find hotels willing to accept large dogs. This hotel was GREAT. A perfect location on the south end of Lake Tahoe with easy access to Stateline. I'd stay there again with or without the dog.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cameron Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were a group of 10 and booked 5 lake view rooms. All of the rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. Allthough small, we all thought they had a warm and cozy feeling. The setting is lovely, right on a private beach with access to water sports and activities. There is a nice little restaurant and bar located on their pier which is a great place to have a drink and enjoy the spectacular Tahoe views. I don't recommend the lobby restaurant though, we had breakfast there and the food and service was not good. There are alot of other places to go within walking distance. There are some things you should consider before booking this place.
-Bring ear plugs, the heaters are really loud and you might have a barking dog next door.
-If you don't REALLY like dogs, this probably isn't the place for you. There are alot of them running around. We were there at low season so the price was good, I'm not sure the high season price is a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view rooms in building B, they are right at the water.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Lake Tahoe is one of my favorite places on earth and when I visit, I prefer to stay right by Stateline, but sometimes that just can't happen and this time, I'm glad I couldn't! I ended up staying at The Beach Retreat & Lodge and I loved it. When I drove up, I was a little concerned because it looks a little old and maybe a little outdated, but I was pleasantly surprised all the way around. The room was nice with a gas fireplace and nice hardwood molding throughout. The bathroom is small but plenty enough room to clean up.

I loved the location right on the beach and the nice pier and restaurant on the pier too, but the real gem for me was their restaurant located i the lobby! The food was good, the prices extremely reasonable and the staff was very nice.

While this might not be a 5 star location, I would highly recommend this location for all types of travelers, as I believe they have something for everyone, including free wifi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Nice hotel for an average stay with a friend before hitting the slopes. Friendly staff, clean rooms, a queen is really for 1 person only. Enjoyed the hot tub, and almost enjoyed sleeping too, if the air vented heater was not turning on super loud every 15 minutes. The only option was turning it off, then found ourselves freezing. Wonder how other guests could sleep, noone mentioned the issue.
Result: slept about 2 hours and went to ski exhausted. Solution: stay here in the summer only, or bring ear plugs, or get so wasted that no noise will bother you, or try to warm up in some other ways... or just take the ski bus.

Room Tip: Bring earlplugs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went here for a combination Valentines day and Birthday stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the hotel is in a great location. The only negative was the toilet paper roll dispenser was super hard to work and the pay movies that the hotel offers are a whopping $16.00.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed here 3 times before when it was the Best Western (not sure why it's not anymore). Anyways, one reason why we stayed at the Best Western before, was the fantastic complementary breakfast buffet. We were very upset that when the hotel was sold, they no longer offer the breakfast. They wanted to charge like $16 for adult and $8 kid for breakfast. Ridiculous! The restaurant was 100% empty (breakfast and dinner) the entire week we stayed there. The breakfast was very convenient before, especially with kids, and also for eating before hitting the ski slopes. The jacuzzi is too small also. It would be nicer if they added a second jacuzzi out by the pool. Great views, very convenient parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe? Share your experiences!