“A Good Day's Fishing” 5 of 5 stars

530-541-5448
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Tahoe Sport Fishing is the only fishing fleet on Lake Tahoe. We fish Year Round catching Lake Trout Makinaw, Kokanee Salmon, Browns, and Rainbows. We depart from Ski Run Marina and Zephyr Cove MarinaTahoe Sport Fishing has been in business since 1953. Our main location is at Ski Run Marina we have a 2nd location at Zephyr Cove Marina. We have 7 boats ranging in size from 30' to 45' our boats are Coast Guard Certified! We can accomodate any size group you may have! We cater to the single fisherman, families, bachlor parties and Corporate groups! Call us today for a fishing trip of a life time!
Toronto, ON
37 attraction reviews
“A Good Day's Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I went out with Bobby for what ended up to be a full day's fishing charter. He was knowledgable about the lake in taking us to various locations on Lake Tahoe in order for us to catch some fish. He was excellent in baiting our hooks,making sure that we were properly set up, and helping us land our catch. He made sure that our catch was properly cleaned and gave us recommendations on a local restaurant that would cook part of our catch for a great evening out and a local meat shop that would expertly fillet and vacuum pack the rest for us. Would definitely do another charter with Bobby the next time that we're in Lake Tahoe.

Visited September 2012

Washington, DC
3 attraction reviews
“A Perfect Morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our captain Bobby was the perfect host for our morning outing. He was helpful and knowledgeable about where to find the best spot for fishing. Our fish were cleaned as we headed back to shore which is a nice touch. Worth the time and expense. I recommend.

Visited September 2012
salinas, ca
21 attraction reviews
“Great time on the lake with Captain Jimmy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My family and I just returned from a 4 day trip to South Lake Tahoe, which we do annually, however this was the first time we did a fishing tour, and it was a hoot. Captain Jimmy is the man, and I say this as he ran the whole show all by himself, from baiting the hooks, setting the reels, proping the down riggers, to running the boat, and anyone who has been on a guide knows that this is not a small job at all.
The boat we huge and in great working order, as it even has a nice cabin complete with a working toilet, which was critical for us, as my wife is pregnant. Our group of 6 only caught one fish, but it was still a great time as the views were awesome, and Jimmy was both personable and funny.
I will recommend that you take the early tour (7 am launch, I know it's a bear to get up that early when on vacation) but i say this as the lake is huge, and the wind picks up heavy more often in the afternoons than in the afternoons, which we did encounter at the end of our tour.
Be sure to bring snacks and take advantage of the oportnity to bring your own cooler as well, as even though they provide water, sodas, some coffee, and donuts/coffee, the beers and/or Baileys for the coffee is all on you.
In closing I would also like to mention that we had one rider, meaning she didn't fish, and she still had a great time. Also, be sure to dress in layers as you are at high elevation and the weather will change on you in a heartbeat, so do as the boy scouts and be prepared. Oh yeah, one more thing.... TIP YOUR CAPTAIN/CREW, as it's where they make their real money...no joke.

Dallas, Texas
19 attraction reviews
“Fun Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We spent a nice afternoon fishing on the lake. Even though we did not catch our limit, we still had a great time. Our captain Jimmy was great. We were able to take our "catch" to the Blue Angel restaurant and have them prepare it for our dinner- it was wonderful. Great staff, great value!

Visited July 2012
Kings Beach
“GREAT COMPANY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Tahoe Sport Fishing is a wonderful company! They are committed to the community and to learning more about our great Lake Tahoe. I would like to thank the owner John Shearer, Captain Zach Gordon and Bobby Edgers for all there help!

I am current doing research with the fish in Lake Tahoe and Tahoe Sport Fishing graciously helped me with gathering the shrimp I'm studying. I could not have done it without them and their great knowledge of where to find the fish you're looking for.

Visited April 2012