“Solid breakfast place” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: We've been providing top quality local food and service since 1964.Heidi's Pancake House, as our locals have named us, is the perfect spot to enjoy a delicious meal with a group of friends. Not only do we serve breakfast, but we also have burgers, salads, beer and wine. We also cater! Locals love us and tourists do too. Stop by next time you are in the South Lake Tahoe area!
Hartford, CT
“Solid breakfast place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Heidi's has been around for a long time. They do a great breakfast and I really like the Alpine influence especially since it makes sense here in Tahoe. Wait staff is prompt and courteous and the food selection is great and tastes great too. I believe the one in South Reno is better but my dad the breakfast guru disagrees. Breakfast is a little on the pricier side but you get what you pay for so it's aok. CVS is right next door making last minute trip shopping for medicine, toothbrush, or quality shampoo an easy part of getting breakfast.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Walnut Creek, California
“Bad Food Bad Service - Save your Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stopped by on a Monday @11:00am, there were 8 people in the restaurant. We waited for the server to bring menus, waiting for the busboy to bring water, waited for the server to bring order. It was not worth the wait. I ordered a veggie omelet, a cup of coffee. The omelet was watery, like the eggs were watered down, could not finish it. The toast came about 5 minutes before we left. My husband ordered the Special ham and cheese sandwich and water. The bill came to $31.00!

Keep driving past - a real disappointment!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Decent menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We went for breakfast. I had the country skillet (potatoes eggs gravy) and a blueberry muffin. The muffin was fresh and light and the skillet was good enough tho I didn't think it had much flavor. My husband had eggs, sausage and biscuits and gravy. He ate it all but said it was just "ok". Our total was 30$. Service was quick and friendly. We were in and out in 30 min.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

2 of us went there for breakfast and enjoyed it. The omelets has lots of cheese and the french toast was cooked just right. I have been here before, about 5 years ago and this place is still great. Would go back in a heart beat.

Visited September 2013
CA
“Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but not at Heidi's...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our breakfast experience at Heidi's didn't start out great - and went downhill. When we walked in, we thought the decor was cute - very rustic-cabin feel. However, we were taken all the way to the back - and the most appealing aspect of the back room is that it has a view of the parking lot. My husband inquired about sitting in front and was informed that the seating is arranged to share customers equally among the wait staff.

Our waitress chatted with us the entire time we were trying to read the menu, which made concentration difficult. Our food arrived within 5 minutes of ordering and was dismal. My plate was greasy underneath - as I found out when I moved it and ended up with appallingly oily hands. I ordered corn beef and eggs; the corn beef was straight from a can. The fried potatoes that were on the side had a rancid taste. My husband had 2 pancakes with 1 egg. He said the egg was O.K., but the pancake was nothing special. And -- the most important aspect of breakfast - the coffee - was terrible.

We come to Lake Tahoe frequently, but will not return to Heidi's. It is overpriced and the food is a disappointment.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere