“Crusin' the lake” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Glass-bottom-boat tours by day, dining and dancing at night.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Crusin' the lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nice 2.5 hour cruise on Lake Tahoe on a 3 decker paddle wheeler. We had a clear sunny day with temp around 70. Across the lake to beautiful Emerald Bay, which should not be missed. Best of all was the wonderful and information packed narration by Captain Jerry. Very worthwhile on a sunny day when you can be out on the upper deck.

Visited October 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Seems highly overrated. I went on the standard afternoon trip - not the dinner trip. Most of the trip was spent without narration. There was about 10 minutes at the beginning, then a bit more 45 minutes later. Then a bit while in Emerald Bay. Then nothing for the rest of the 2 1/2 hr trip. There was a movie about the history of the area that was shown on the way back. If you don't have a car, then this is probably the only way to see the lake - otherwise drive around it, stopping at the overlook at Emerald Bay. If you are bored & looking for something to do, it is a way to spend 2 1/2 hrs drinking & eating overpriced food, since you are not allowed to bring your own food or drink on the boat. We went during the week in mid-October, so the boat had only about 1/3 of its normal capacity of passengers. It would have been pretty crowded if full. Also, don't pay full price - there are discount coupons to be found everywhere.

Visited October 2012
Ojai
20 attraction reviews
“Double check your reservation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The cruise itself was exactly as we hoped. Very pleasant out on the water and we enjoyed the beautiful Lake and Emerald Bay. The boat was comfortable. However, the trip on the Tahoe Queen we had reserved and paid for months before was cancelled without any notice to us and nothing was posted at the ticket office at the marina. We ended up being directed to Zephyr Cove to board the Dixie, departing at a later time. It really messed up our schedule and we missed out on some hiking we had intended to do. I recommend you verify your reservation a few days prior to your trip.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great way to see the Lake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I absolutely loved this tour around the lake! The Tahoe Queen is a lovely, authentic paddlewheel boat that takes you from the shores of Stateline on a gorgeous ride to Emerald Bay. The tour starts out with a photo of you and your group, but since I was flying solo, I opted to skip that part. When I tried to bypass the photo line, the 20-something photog was rather snippy about it. Hey buddy, it's just me, and I don't want the dang picture! Why wait in a 30-person line for a pic I don't want! I largely ignored his calls and kept walking (though there should be two lines on the dock for people that don't want pics.....).

Anyways, my advice is to get there early and get a seat on the deck at the top! Totally worth it, and I stress the "get there early part" because they only allow people to stay up there if they have a seat. Something about the fire code. The views are worth the wait! Once you get rolling, grab a bloody mary at the FULL BAR (this was my 2nd favorite part) from the nicest bartender around. He didn't skimp on the vodka or the olives...my kinda guy. The $6 price tag was worth it! (But that also have drink specials if that's too steep.)

The boat starts paddling, and cruise captain then regales you with the history and facts about the lake and the surrounding area. He was informative and funny, and the information was incredibly interesting. Since the cruise is around two hours, he also allows some quiet time without narration for you to just enjoy the scenery and talk to the other boat guests, which I loved. Sometimes you just want the peace to soak it all in, so that was great.

Once we got to the Emerald Bay area, he jumped back in with the narration, which was perfect. I had driven to Emerald Bay a few days before to see it from the viewing points, but seeing it from the cruise was a whole different ballgame. It was breathtaking and magnificent! From the views, to the kayakers climbing up the cliffs/rocks to the gorgeous Vikingsholm, this area is a must-see!

I was lucky, since I was alone, to strike up a conversation with two awesome couples sitting next to me, so the two hours flew by!

A great cruise, totally worth the money, and HIGHLY recommended.

Dallas, TX
11 attraction reviews
“Well worth the time and money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a great way to see the lake and to hear about the history and geography. Captain Jerry did a wonderful job narrating our tour. The beauty of Lake Tahoe is a natural treasure that we need to protect.