“Alright, but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This health club is conveniently located near the local marina.
South Lake Tahoe, California
13 attraction reviews
“Alright, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a really small gym, with a ton of equipment packed inside. They probably have everything you need, but often it's very crowded, and it's a very "social" gym. You always see someone you know, which to some people may be a good thing, but I go to the gym to work out, not socialize while I'm pink and sweaty. Also, the fitness classes aren't included in the price, which is steep to begin with. There are better places to work out in Tahoe (not to mention the outdoors!)

South Lake Tahoe, California
19 attraction reviews
“Do me a favor if you go... Exercise for me a little...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I admit it, I haven't stuck to my work out schedule as I promised myself. I'm a busy man though. It's tough being single, especially when you have muscles like I do because of the training these guys give me. I just need to get back to doing it because it only gets tougher being single throughout life.

Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Pretty decent workout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We are in SLT on vacation. We joined SAC by buying a 20 visit pass for $160.00.

The cardio equipment is OK. Good not great.

The weight machines are also OK.

The weights( barbells and etc ) are nearly professional quality.

Overall a decent place to workout while on vacation. I workout 2 hrs per day 6-7 days a week at home as a reference.

Visited July 2012
Las Vegas, NV
4 attraction reviews
“As good as can be expected for a small town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

I frequently visit South Lake Tahoe and often while I'm there I get a short-term pass to Sierra Athletic Club. If you're coming from the city you'll need to keep your expectations reasonable, this is a city of 22,000 people that cannot support one of those monster 24 Hour Fitness or Gold's Gym type of gyms that has lots of floor space and five different machines for bicep curls. It's a smaller, more intimate club but it has everything you will need within reason to get a good workout. I have never had a problem finding the equipment necessary to do any type of exercise, whether weights or cardio. And it's not usually busy either. And as advertised, the view outside the front windows is spectacular. You may not be able to see it doing weights, but on cardio equipment you'll have all the splendor of the forests and mountains surrounding Tahoe staring you in the face. It's very pretty. I recommend this club.