“For horsing around” 4 of 5 stars

530-541-3113
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Camp Richardson Corral offers horseback rides through Lake Tahoe national forest. All tours are guided and at a walk. Trail rides may include beautiful views of Lake Tahoe, Fallen Leaf Lake, Taylor Creek, along with beautiful mountain meadows and forests.We also offer hay wagon rides, pony rides, pack trips and boarding facilities.
South Lake Tahoe, California
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“For horsing around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place is a gem but make sure the road is open because the road runs under areas that are prone to avalanches.

Visited February 2013

South Lake Tahoe, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“You might ride a donkey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Typical stable with some mild manned horses and some with a little attitude. My 5 year old cousin got the ride of her life when her horse decided to break away from the pack and take off. It all ended ok. My son got to ride a donkey when they ran out of horses. The trails are beautiful.

Visited July 2012
Norfolk
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent horses and professional staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went on a 2 hour ride during a our annual girl's trip. The horses looked very healthy and well-cared for. The ride was spectacular. Every bit of the trail was beautiful. We rode to Fallen Leaf lake and had pictures taken. One of the riders on our group got sick during the ride and someone from the corral came and picked her up by car and took her back since she couldn't finish the ride. It was a little pricey but I thought it was worth it to see a different part of the Tahoe area on horseback. Great pictures were taken.

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“I was hoping for better views of Lake Tahoe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I are not experienced riders and our horses were a little rowdy for our comfort. He was behind me (in the order that the staff put the horses in) and his horse nipped my horse on the behind. They both took off for a little ways and we were a little uneasy about that, not being that familiar with horses. Thankfully no one was hurt, although my husband was taken through some tree branches. When we got back, the staff did not seem surprised that his horse did that to my horse and I was wondering why they put them in that order if they knew that might happen, especially with both us not being experienced riders. I was also hoping for a better view of Lake Tahoe. Most of the ride was through the woods. It could have been anywhere.

Visited May 2013
Santa Clara, California
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Nice flat trails and views.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Cross country skiing was pretty simple, but I'm a novice so it was enough trail for me. We also went snowshoeing across the street. Lack of snow on lake level made it a little harder for the snowshoeing.

I thought pretty expensive for us it was $14/pp for a whole day.
The staff was good, and helped us wax our skiis as the rental place had not. Nice gesture.

I'd probably try and go elsewhere for more variety and some small hills next time, but it was a good experience.

Visited February 2013