“Won't come back” 1 of 5 stars

530-541-3113
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Camp Richardson Corral offers horseback rides through Lake Tahoe national forest. All tours are guided and at a walk. Trail rides may include beautiful views of Lake Tahoe, Fallen Leaf Lake, Taylor Creek, along with beautiful mountain meadows and forests.We also offer hay wagon rides, pony rides, pack trips and boarding facilities.
Los Angeles, California
“Won't come back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I made a reservation for a Tuesday ride at 12:00 noon for 6 people. I called the Sunday before my ride to see if I could add to my group and was told that at 6 people our group was full and could not add.

When our group arrived the day of our reservation i was told we showed up the wrong day and our reservation wasfor Wednesday instead. No apology or consolation for their mistake, I was just told that i showed up the wrong day and that my reservation was for Wednesday. Never mind we would have never made a reservation for a day some of us would not even be in Tahoe.

Mistakes happen and a sincere apology would have gone a long way. The corral uses a handwritten book to make reservations and it's easy to see how they can make a mistake.
They obviously have more business they can deal with and aren't too concerned if they mess up somebodys vacation.

I won't be back.

Visited August 2012

Canton
33 attraction reviews
“Can't wait to Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We plan on camping here within the next few summers. It is absolutely beautiful. There are more public (busy) beaches as well as more private beaches. The trails are well-kept. Bikes are readily accessible for rental. Cabins can be rented by the week for $800.00 which is fantastic!

Visited August 2012
California
14 attraction reviews
“Always a fun ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The views are spectacular, the guides are well informed and concerned about your safety. A fantastic way to spend some time and "feel" the abundance of nature all around you.

Visited July 2012
South Lake Tahoe, California
19 attraction reviews
“Riding in Sierras”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Horseback riding in the Sierras. If you have kids and would like to introduce them to these great animals known as horses, why not down at Camp Richardson. The trail ride is perfect for all abilities. Still to this day when I get on these guys they make me a little nervous. What stuck out to me with Camp Richardson is their guys seemed anything but nervous with me on their backs riding them. For the money, can't beat this ride.

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
13 attraction reviews
“Love the ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The trail rides are very nice and the scenic trip is exceptional. The trail guide is very talkative and make the ride fun, enjoyable, and entertaining.