“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Sacramento, California
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a very good experience here at the Tahoe Chalet. The room we stayed in was called the Queen Antoinette, and had a very romantic yet cozy feel to it. It had a fireplace, big bed, minibar, and a tub with a double shower head which we loved! The tub was a bit hard to figure out at first since it had older knobs but we ended up getting a hang of it.The staff here was very helpful and friendly and made the experience even greater, particularly the manager Peter Evenhuis. The hotel is right up the street from the casinos and great nightlife. We would definitely like to come here again and would recommend this hotel to couples for a nice romantic getaway and/or also to families, since I know they can accommodate both.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter E, General Manager at Tahoe Chalet Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you very much "Olivia" for your kind comments. We so very much appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. Thank you from the entire staff. Marie Antoinette, or Cleopatra or King Arthur (some of our many Theme Suites) are all awaiting your early return.
Peter E.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Eventhough we couldn't find a room with a microwave and a fridge, overall we were very happy wyth the hotel. The rooms were clean, spacy, and cozy and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our breakfast by the fireplace, after which the staff kindly helped us find a beatiful beach where we went for a walk. I would definitely like to come back again. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear "Vlad_0002"
We are so delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with your family at the Tahoe Chalet Inn. We are so glad that you enjoyed your walk along the Camp Richardson beach area. There are very few pristine areas in the world that compare to that section of Lake Tahoe. Thank you again for your kind comments. We look forward welcoming you and your family back, in the hopefully not too distant future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family in the family suite. We had enough space. It was so comfortable that I felt at home. Friendly office staff. I was offered to have breakfast there or go to IHOP, we chose IHOP and we had the worst service. I would stick with the hotel breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you "JimenezMommy" for your recent review of our Tahoe Chalet Inn. I was very disappointed to hear that you had a poor experience at the nearby IHOP which we recommend to most of our customers.The majority of our guests have received excellent service and enjoy the favorable discount that we have negotiated with this IHOP. Your poor service experience is hopefully a one time event. I will share your comments with the new IHOP General Manager in an effort to improve their service levels. Meanwhile; thank you very much for your favorable comments about the Tahoe Chalet Inn. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Tahoe Chalet Inn for one night, which was plenty. Now the suite we booked was clean which was good, but during our stay I felt like I was being secretly filmed for an episode of "how much tackiness can you stand?". Tacky is maybe even an understatement. We love kitsch, so the stay was one glorious surprise after another. We thought we would have free wifi access, but our room must have been too far, so no go. The television was snowy, every channel. There was a heart-shaped jacuzzi tub (hilarious), fake flowers everywhere, and a four-post bed with orange (kinda) linens. My favourite part by far was the frames placed around the room with nothing in them but the little sheet that states "8 x 10" that comes in them. Oh! and the "lovely garden" we were suggested to stroll through at night was really creepy. Because we have a good sense of humour this Inn was kinda perfect in a weird way. I had no idea that Harrah's was a 10 minute walk away and if I had, I would have stayed there for the night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Bruno, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I don't normally post my opinion online, but I feel the need to warn of some inaccuracies in the advertisement. I gave this hotel a second star because I loved the jacuzzi tub. It was a romantic place for my wife and I to stay, but that's all that I liked.
This place claims to have a swimming pool. It does have a pool, but there is no water in it. A previous post from a year ago leads me to believe that this pool hasn't had water for at least a year. There was no wifi in my room and there wasn't anything fitness about this place. There was no pool or fitness center. I asked about the pool and I was politely told that I could swim in the lake, which is cold and dangerous to swim in because of all the boats and jetski's. The room was small with no telephone and the shower and sink were awful. I will come back to lake tahoe, because I had a great time, but I will not stay in the same hotel.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sonora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is the best place for couples to stay in South Lake Tahoe! They have themed rooms of different sizes and are so comfortable and relaxing. The first time we stayed here, we had a smaller room, so perfect though! It had a jacuzzi tub near the bed and everything was just so tidy and clean! This year we stayed in a larger room, the Marie Antoinette, and I highly suggest trying it out. It had such a big amount of space with a small bar, closet, wood burning fireplace, sofas, two head shower, and a large jacuzzi tub. The decorations, colors, and cleanliness were just perfect! In the morning they brought us muffins and juice! I have never seen such service for a low cost room. And the ladies in the office are just wonderful, so friendly and helpful. They actually let you pick out your room. They gave us a couple keys to some rooms to look at them in person before choosing which one we would stay in. Everything about this place made our honeymoon and anniversary perfect and we will keep coming back every year! Thank you so much!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Our room at the Tahoe Chalet Inn was perfect. The room was newly remodeled with attention paid to every detail. Tile on the floors throughout and the bathroom tile design was so nice we took photos! The room was spotless. There was a coffee maker with plenty of coffee and a refrigerator too. Although I did not use it, there was a hair dryer in the room. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Tahoe Chalet Inn? Share your experiences!