“A Great Stay with Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Drinks!
Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Great Stay with Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and found it have everything I needed, in a nice relaxed environment with helpful staff member.

The room was was nice, with interesting wooden furnishings and an awesome comfy bed. No air con in our standard room, which I suppose you'd really expect as a standard these days (it comes as a standard in the majority of places I stop at, even in cooler climates). I note air con is available in the more expensive rooms, but this isn't a feature you should really expect to pay more for in 2014.

The atmosphere in the bar area is great and I spent a few nights here chatting with friends and the staff. Great wine and beers available and the staff are knowlegeable on the products. Wine tasting on Fridays with live music was a nice touch. Benjamin, who works front of house was very charming and helpful, he's going places. Faith was great to chat with in the bar area in the evening and had a wicked sense of humour as did Jennifer who was friendly and approachable. I dont recall the name of one night shift worker, a chap with dark hair, but he was just as approachable.

I had a massage during my stay from the lovely Lousia and it was one of the best massages I ever had. We also made use of the sauna and spa available which was great to relax.

The have an outside pool are with loungers and beds which was fine to bathe in and relaxing. i never actually went for a dip in the pool. with it being outside it does tend to fill up with leaves and debris from nature's elements and didnt look all that inviting.

Overall I would reccommend and would deffinetly stay here again when I return to Tahoe.

Room Tip: If you want air-con for go for the deluxe.
Green Features: very refreshing to stay somewhere with such eco friendly policies.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am only halfway through my stay here and already love the place. I came here because I wanted an affordable nice place for my honeymoon and this place looked great. And it definitely meets my expectations. I LOVE the salvage wood decor look. The staff has been really friendly and helpful. And the pool area is so cute and comfortable. I love lounging on the outdoor beds by the pool to wind down from a day of adventures. And they have happy hour drink specials you can take to the pool. Oh, and the best coffee we have had since we flew out of Stumptown. What else would you need?

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed two nights here and had a great time. The Hotel is near the shoreline and is very good located near the state border to Nevada (for all gambling fans) and to shops and stores. Due to the location one block away from the through traffic, the hotel is quite.

The outdoor pool is nice and the beds are comfortable. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor (3rd floor) towards the Lake. Don't expect Lake-View due to high...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

From the very reasonable cost, via "Hotel Tonight," to the friendly staff greeting, amazing bed and linens, and super eco-friendly features, this hotel is a must for anyone staying in South Lake Tahoe. Wish we could have stayed more than one night! Natalie, the front desk person who greeted us, was very helpful in giving us a restaurant recommendation and overall assistance. Will definitely be back!

Green Features: Heavenly grooming amenities; bed and lines some of the best that we've ever experienced. Will definitely try the sauna and spa on next visit!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were passing through and were happy to find an affordable eco-friendly hotel for our night in South Lake Tahoe. We found the accommodations nice and comfortable. We didn't really take advantage of any amenities, so can't comment on those.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Folsom, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Overall the visit was good for the money especially when bought on a discount. The staff was friendly. The bar tender was fun to talk with. The rooms were ok. Ours had a funny smell and had to air it out. We were not sure if it was because of recycled materials used on the hotel or a prior guest. After the first night it was fine. The location is very good and close to the casinos, shopping, lake, bike trails and all the summer fun things in Tahoe.

Green Features: I think it was too environmentally friendly meaning the materials could have been better and they gave off some funky old smells
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

So I LOVED this hotel ! But upon our arrival there was a new staff member who complained to us about how she wasn't trained properly (so unprofessional ) and she didn't know anything about my TravelZoo deal I got and what it came with. She and all the staff was really nice but there also isn't enough staff at one time. I know it's a small hotel but only 1 person to cover the front desk and the coffee/bar takes up a lot of time waiting around . Other than that I really loved it! There was even a free wine tasting and live music our last night there!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to 968 Park Hotel? Share your experiences!